Narakkalli

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just to breath some life into this topic. Currently possible to get 100% 2 accs with a chance of wep + armour while still doing easy mode. I found this to be the best way to gear my alliance and to lead it. If anyone has any better loot/update on another way to do it. I would be interested in reading about it.
    • Sirkka wrote:

Someone wanted to tell me I need 1500 buffed... according to the facts this still makes no sense.
      Just out of curiousity, how did you manage to get ' only ' 6.4k with that attack? i'm getting 7-7.2k dps with 100 attack less :/
      4 warning signs that you have a back injury

1. Chronically Tight Hamstrings
      2. Chronic Hamstring Pulls
      3. Chronic Heel Pain
      4. Playing Grendal with my sin.
    • Discoo wrote:

Just out of curiousity, how did you manage to get ' only ' 6.4k with that attack? i'm getting 7-7.2k dps with 100 attack less
      I was laying around quite some time cause our templar decided to kill me twice with Chilling Cold, but no matter what many gladiators use a bow on the boss as well which decreases the ARM DPS as well, therefore this doesn't tell you anything (just like Chilling Cold was somehow added to the Templar's DPS here). It's not like this instance is good to compare damage anyway due to various reasons.
      => aionpveranks.com/index.php?site=profile&chid=8565 (and I doubt there's a reason to discuss who's better or worse here)

Gladiator: Gear DPS
      Cleric: Gear DPS
    • Click wrote:

Discooo has no bow :alol:
      mateeeeee. i don't need a bow :3 because i will die on either some bullshit with a Hailstorm + an ice spear train. or cuz of me being a moron, paying more attention to my 2nd monitor watching Series. in most of the time on ovel, the moment you rotate you can auto attack about 15 extra seconds. which is much better than ' bow ' it. i dont do this tho. :3

Sirkka wrote:

Discoo wrote:

Just out of curiousity, how did you manage to get ' only ' 6.4k with that attack? i'm getting 7-7.2k dps with 100 attack less
      I was laying around quite some time cause our templar decided to kill me twice with Chilling Cold, but no matter what many gladiators use a bow on the boss as well which decreases the ARM DPS as well, therefore this doesn't tell you anything (just like Chilling Cold was somehow added to the Templar's DPS here). It's not like this instance is good to compare damage anyway due to various reasons.=> aionpveranks.com/index.php?site=profile&chid=8565 (and I doubt there's a reason to discuss who's better or worse here)
      I find pveranks bit aids to determine the damage a person actually can do. cuz with a good group in gok i.e i can do 7k idps but with a bad grp i do 5k dps. with the same ' damage per second' . That aside. Agree Nara isnt the best way to determine dps but still i'm impressed you do 6.4 with 100 attack more than i have. just find it weird. but you dont rly need to bow it. so no need to lose dps either. and at 75 % you will put damage on the add anyways till 50 % where you can go all in and dont need to worry about going in or out anymore. in my opinion you don't need to lose dps by using a bow. tbh i 'd love to dps race with you for entertaining purposes, tho :D

3. Chronic Heel Pain
    • Discoo wrote:

and at 75 % you will put damage on the add anyways till 50 % where you can go all in and dont need to worry about going in or out anymore.
      In case you get the debuff and like I said I was probably death after a minute of Wow around 40% till the end since I was killed twice in a row, didn't use DP skills etc. If the group's more experienced dealing damage from behind and such is useful in my opinion (for example by bow), but the alliance here was random and partly unexperienced overall.
      DPS (whether ARM DPS or iDPS...) bases on a lot of different things like useful buffs and debuffs (Infernal Blight, all kinds of Wow, WOP, Wind Harmony, Collapsing Smash, Piercing Rupture etc), how smooth a run is (if you stand around frozen with Berserking up it's not great either - likewise if your support keeps dying), if you use a bow etc, how you use skills (especially concerns sorcerers...) and so on.
      Nowadays we even have PvE-Dmg which influences the results as well - I have around 11,3% currently I think which is ok in my opinion, but not extraordinary.
      In the end what's important is the iDPS though (damage:time) which is ofc bad here as well due to the run's progress.

I don't mind uploading all kind of junk runs in whatever instance either (I had around 100 Atk less though until some days ago since I only got the dagger recently) - I'm neither the best nor the worst gladiator out there and regarding the fact that others do more hits in the same time it's probably some sort of performance issue too which is difficult to determine.

• Sirkka wrote:

Discoo wrote:

and at 75 % you will put damage on the add anyways till 50 % where you can go all in and dont need to worry about going in or out anymore.
      In case you get the debuff and like I said I was probably death after a minute of Wow around 40% till the end since I was killed twice in a row, didn't use DP skills etc. If the group's more experienced dealing damage from behind and such is useful in my opinion (for example by bow), but the alliance here was random and partly unexperienced overall.DPS (whether ARM DPS or iDPS...) bases on a lot of different things like useful buffs and debuffs (Infernal Blight, all kinds of Wow, WOP, Wind Harmony, Collapsing Smash, Piercing Rupture etc), how smooth a run is (if you stand around frozen with Berserking up it's not great either - likewise if your support keeps dying), if you use a bow etc, how you use skills (especially concerns sorcerers...) and so on.
      Nowadays we even have PvE-Dmg which influences the results as well - I have around 11,3% currently I think which is ok in my opinion, but not extraordinary.
      In the end what's important is the iDPS though (damage:time) which is ofc bad here as well due to the run's progress.

I don't mind uploading all kind of junk runs in whatever instance either (I had around 100 Atk less though until some days ago since I only got the dagger recently) - I'm neither the best nor the worst gladiator out there and regarding the fact that others do more hits in the same time it's probably some sort of performance issue too which is difficult to determine.
      You should always get the debuff. if you are in group 1 (the first group that starts the boss) if you rotate at 75 % ' normally' and you run back to the middle of the room. there's like a 99% chance u get the debuff. pretty sure. For berserking. there's a certain rotation the boss does in a cold strike rotation( Ice Spear,Frozen breath, Hailstorm(or summer ice that freezes you) 2x ice spear and Cold strike and rotate( at 75% it's a little random tho usually its 2x ice, frozen,ice and cold strike again). but till 75 % it has been quite static..

if you paid attention to it, your Berserking should never be wasted if you use it wisely also in 9/10 times you can avoid frozen breath if it's not on you preferably i use berserking every time it's up. there havent been many situation where i lost seconds of berserking where i actually lost dps maybe 3-4 seconds, with my premade my berserking is off cd at 50 %. i wait then to use berserking when we can no-brain dps the boss as the coldstrikes comes every 60-65 seconds.so there's no way to stack the cold strike and poof.. that's a bit the idea how i dps the boss.

the only thing i just can't understand is. i did 6.2k dps with 1370 attack when i had 1800 crit( which i dont think anymore is needed thanks to you, my dps increased a lot thanks to it, appreciate it). even without wow/bard etc etc. you shouldnt have that kind of low dps ( if you are actually trying that is :3) since dying or anything shouldn't affect ' dps' in rainmeter at all.

Untitled.png

this is what i did last night with ' paying attention to rotation of the boss'

3. Chronic Heel Pain
    • Discoo wrote:

the only thing i just can't understand is. i did 6.2k dps with 1370 attack when i had 1800 crit( which i dont think anymore is needed thanks to you, my dps increased a lot thanks to it, appreciate it). even without wow/bard etc etc. you shouldnt have that kind of low dps ( if you are actually trying that is :3) since dying or anything shouldn't affect ' dps' in rainmeter at all.
      Dunno about your view on things, but to me 49% autohits in a random run along with being dead at least 30-40% of the run isn't something I'd describe as "trying hard" or anything.
      The run itself was at least a 100% longer than yours which has a great influence on the DPS since you have less Wow, less time DP skills etc. I don't remember if I used any and as stated before I died after a minute with Wow up I think.
      Considering the setup they're not that different but gladiators are generally 'pushier' than templars I suppose. Anyway we had a bunch of guys not standing correctly when being called because of Frozen Breath, so even if I stood on the right sight they tended to train me somehow and I doubt you can compare a premade who's used to the instance and each other to some randoms who partly never saw the instance before or at least hardly ever have anything to do with each other. Along with that I don't have a fixed group, therefore I'm lucky when I do 1-2 runs per week on this character.

I mean your DPS jump in other instances as well due to different reasons (no matter if ARM DPS or iDPS). To compare you need similar circumstances and/or an instance without an annoying pattern.

• Back on topic:

We did two experimental runs:

1st run we did two weapon quests: Meditation Chamber and Punishment Room quests (Fallusha Army Attack). We had 3 quests total, the 3rd quest is the unavoidable accessory quest A voice calling for help. We got Controlled Shiruk (easy mode boss) and a Simple weapon toolbox.

2nd run we did three of the four available armor quests: Revival Serum, Lubricant quest (free the daevas in the cages) and Looking for a friend. We had 4 quests total including the unavoidable accessory quest. At the end of the run we got Controlled Shiruk (easy mode boss) and a Simple box for the armor box, but it's worth noting that the box dropped plate shoulders.

We believe the more quests you do, the higher drop rate from the box even if its name is simple. It only changes to superb if you do all the quests for that box (as in all accessory quests for accessory box, all armor quests for armor box, all weapon quests for weapon box). Superb boxes have a 100% chance drop rate for that type of gear.

I believe going for superb weapon box will almost always guarantee nm or hm. I'm not sure which boss we'd get if we aimed for the superb armor box, may test it next run by doing gollmir's orb quest in addition to the 3 armor quests we did last run.

In any case, i believe you can lower the drop rate of accessory box, by not doing some accessory quests, and instead increase the drop rate of armor and weapon boxes by doing armor and weapon quests while still keeping it easy mode. The main treasure box is always faded for easy mode and it always drops an accessory anyways.

We will continue testing.
    • [NICK]berybrave wrote:

Back on topic:

We did two experimental runs:

1st run we did two weapon quests: Meditation Chamber and Punishment Room quests (Fallusha Army Attack). We had 3 quests total, the 3rd quest is the unavoidable accessory quest A voice calling for help. We got Controlled Shiruk (easy mode boss) and a Simple weapon toolbox.

2nd run we did three of the four available armor quests: Revival Serum, Lubricant quest (free the daevas in the cages) and Looking for a friend. We had 4 quests total including the unavoidable accessory quest. At the end of the run we got Controlled Shiruk (easy mode boss) and a Simple box for the armor box, but it's worth noting that the box dropped plate shoulders.

We believe the more quests you do, the higher drop rate from the box even if its name is simple. It only changes to superb if you do all the quests for that box (as in all accessory quests for accessory box, all armor quests for armor box, all weapon quests for weapon box). Superb boxes have a 100% chance drop rate for that type of gear.

I believe going for superb weapon box will almost always guarantee nm or hm. I'm not sure which boss we'd get if we aimed for the superb armor box, may test it next run by doing gollmir's orb quest in addition to the 3 armor quests we did last run.

In any case, i believe you can lower the drop rate of accessory box, by not doing some accessory quests, and instead increase the drop rate of armor and weapon boxes by doing armor and weapon quests while still keeping it easy mode. The main treasure box is always faded for easy mode and it always drops an accessory anyways.

We will continue testing.
      Well according to powerbook you have to complete gollmir's treasure for hardmode. So my current plan of action is to gear up my ally with accs then try normal mode with 100% wep chest, which we are going to try thursday, i hope all works out. Aim is to get 2 accs and 1 wep each run 100% and ofc 1 armour part.