Introduction: Andarys

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Introduction: Andarys

Hello everybody!

Time to introduce myself as your new Community Manager. :) As already announced, Anemsalok will be leaving and she has handed over the torch to me.

Some of you might already know me from the DE board. For those who do not: I have been a Community Manager at Gameforge for over 1 1/2 years now and most of that time I have spent working on AION.

I am generally a big MMORPG guy in my free time - although work and other obligations really cut into the time I have for gaming nowadays. Besides MMOs, I play pretty much everything across all genres, with RPGs being probably the one with the most entries on my "Played" list. The rest of my free time I use mostly for books and even more games - board-/cardgames, Pen&Paper, you know the drill.

I am really looking forward to working on and for the EN community as well. I have been around your board for a while and also know most of the team already, so I think we are off to a good start. At least from my side. ;)

Questions? Throw them at me.
      - Andarys
    • What do you think about bards?

What do you think about the recently added new server, were they really necessary? On aioninfo you can clearly see that (except maybe Grendal until now) they are a fail (obviously, the playerbase warned Gameforge, they didn't listen).

Also: welcome to the board, or better, as CM, you've been here already a few times :>
      :ashy:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Click ().

• Click wrote:

What do you think about bards?
      Well, they are too strong overall, but I guess everybody thinks that, so no surprises here. ;)

Click wrote:

What do you think about the recently added new server, were they really necessary? On aioninfo you can clearly see that (except maybe Grendal until now) they are a fail (obviously, the playerbase warned Gameforge, they didn't listen).
      I don´t think they were a failure actually. You cannot expect the same numbers as we have on the old servers, but for the moment, they are actually holding up fine. Will this last? That is of course something we need to wait and see - and take the necessary steps when needed. Do I think they were necessary? No, they were not, but the idea was not born out of necessity either. The whole idea was to give returning and new players the chance for a new start, without the need to catch up to players years ahead of them. :) Of course there are risks involved and we will keep a close eye on the numbers. Still: they are providing what they are supposed to provide. We´ll have to wait and see how it will develope further down the road.

Click wrote:

Also: welcome to the board, or better, as CM, you've been here already a few times :>
      Thanks for the welcome! And yes, I have already been here quite regularly. :)

Ashandarey wrote:

Welcome mate and good luck with us

Are you the guy from the stream last week ? The one that was suppose to wear the "super cool" t-shirt ?
      Thanks - hopefully I won´t need too much luck. ;) And yes, I´m afarid I am that guy.

Erik wrote:

Welcome

~ Have you ever been to Norway?

~ What do you imagine could be the next Artist class?
      Thanks. :) I have never been to Norway - but I would really like to go, its pretty high on my list of places to visit. And I have no idea for the second Artist class. Dancer with some hand-to-hand combat and fist weapons? I would actually love that. :D

Evita wrote:

captain my captain, riddle me this
      why are some users so utterly ignorant to netiquette?

on the other hand, welcome Andarys
      Well, I guess that comes with the territory of anonymity and sometimes some genuinely high emotions? :) Personally, I´m fine with most things though - I´m pretty hard to offend. ;) And thanks for the welcome!

Neverfelt wrote:

I'm quoting the same thing i told to anemsalok when she came. If she had listen to me she would be still here
      Oh, she didn´t leave because she couldn´t take it anymore - no worries there. ;) And so far, I don´t see myself leaving because of that either. I´ll keep it in mind though! ;)

Sebivine wrote:

Welcome, it's super cool that you're here.
      Thanks! :) I´ll just ignore the "super cool" part. :D

Desperation wrote:

If you arent capable to explain reasonable position of GameForge to add new server, you arent welcome. (advice: the best answer on this question will be merging new servers with old ones - I mean action is the best respond).
      Well, I personally feel like I gave a rather reasonable explanation at the beginning of this post - but I guess since that is the same explanation we have already given before, you are not really satisfied with it. Sorry, to disappoint right away: that is the reason we did it. Besides that, I am not in charge of deciding to merge the servers right away again - but I also don´t think that that would be the ideal solution of a perceived issue anyways. ;) But I get where you are coming from of course. Again: merging them right away is not the answer and it is too early to tell if there actually is a big problem with them - in any shape it might occur.

Hopefully I´m still welcome after that answer - but I´m afraid you will have to live with me to a degree in any case. ;)

Thanks all for the welcomes and questions!
      - Andarys
    • Oh maybe I should have asked "was it necessary to open 4 new server, wouldn't 1 be enough?"

I checked prime time activity yesterday:
      Grendal: 22% of total capacity (ok'ish, bit less than Antriksha and Antriksha feels very underpopulated already)
      Fregion, Padmarashka, Miren: 10-12% of total capacity. That's not fun, that isn't even enough people to fill a battle league for siege, nor to fill a league for Pangea xD

I think many of the french and german players started directly off on the new international server cuz they saw it coming that 4 new ones will be a fail and 1 new big is the way to go.

Anyways, it's too late now to discuss that.

PS: I think Bard is pretty weak and needs a boost :asad:
    • Click wrote:

PS: I think Bard is pretty weak and needs a boost
      What? Where are we? Do we play the same game? :D Although it is not as bad, I agree.

Click wrote:

Oh maybe I should have asked "was it necessary to open 4 new server, wouldn't 1 be enough?"

I checked prime time activity yesterday:
      Grendal: 22% of total capacity (ok'ish, bit less than Antriksha and Antriksha feels very underpopulated already)
      Fregion, Padmarashka, Miren: 10-12% of total capacity. That's not fun, that isn't even enough people to fill a battle league for siege, nor to fill a league for Pangea xD

I think many of the french and german players started directly off on the new international server cuz they saw it coming that 4 new ones will be a fail and 1 new big is the way to go.
      Well, thats indeed a different question and - as everything - of course debateable. In the end, an international server is still an issue for many players, who do not want to use English all day while they are playing. I agree that that is much less of an issue than it was a few years back and its much more normal nowadays to have one big, international server - at the same time (and that was important in this case): AION was never one of these games. We always had language servers and players are very much used to that - although I am of course aware of the situation on Hellion and Deyla. ;) And Antriksha to a degree. I think there is definitely some appael to playing on an international server, but I don´t think the players who are playing on the language specific servers would have all joined Grendal if it would have been the only new server we launched.

Regarding the capacity: since these are new servers and players are mostly just starting out, I guess its to be expected that they are not as full as the old ones yet. Besides that I should mention, that the precentages can be a bit deceiving, as we always plan with much more possible space than we would need on these servers. Still, I think you were of course already aware of that and it is not a bad indication if compared to the others. As most people are only starting out, higher level players will have to wait on some people to reach certain levels. That is to be expected, although of course not ideal, I agree.

In the end, this is of course a sort of "experiment". You cannot completely predict how 4 completely new servers will work out in the end. But again: for the moment I would not say that they failed - at all. We will have to wait and see how this stays the same or changes for the coming weeks. :)

Cheerio,
      - Andarys
    • This experiment is killing Antriksha. The population was the lowest of the three ENG servers, now is even worse. Its obvious that GF want to attract old and new players and then to merge servers again.

Which brings me to something else I want to ask you.... Why you are not advertising the game ? Superlatives about the new look of ishalgen and poeta on the stream is nothing as you were talking to the current player base. Do you people plan to pay streamers and youtube channels that are making content about mmorpg games to advertise Aion ? Or in any other way to promote the game and attract new people ?
    • Good luck with our toxic community(EN). You will need it. Reading the thread i can assume that you are one of the guys leading the stream last week during the servers update process. One advice - be more prepared in QA, show equal portions of the new stuff - new looks , new instances but and the new essential for the game play things.
      As New Luna drops , new kind of drop in HD instances... the experience in those instances... Also preparation for QA part of the stream... This will avoid the rage of the playerbase here in the forum and facebook. :)
      Again good luck with managing this toxic community.
    • Welcome
      Good to hear, we get new manager with experience
      Good Luck with us. :thumbsup:

Q: You are from DE forum, right ?, it´s that mean, we get information in same time like DE forum ? :o,
      Q2: And are you something more ? I mean, are you closer to GF or something ?
      Q3: Which one of these people on stream it was you ? :o
      Look into shugo eyes and you will see your destiny.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nagrio ().

• Well i guess welcome from me too my fellow "super cool" (i overuse it a lot as well :P).
      I hope u will manage to actually keep us to to date with all the news so we dont have to find em out from other sources.
      Good luck to u handling us (you will need it :P).
      my question - How do u feel about the new high daeva skills?
    • Andarys wrote:

Again: merging them right away is not the answer and it is too early to tell if there actually is a big problem with them - in any shape it might occur.
      When i read it, i feel like you dont play your "own" game. Then what is the best solution to improve online if you dont promote game, if you (I mean GF ofc, but let me tell like this since you can ask their opinion about it and answer instead of them) dont implement some special updates just for eu region like nerf of incarnations cause for koreans its not huge problem due to their gear, but for eu players it is, the same about minions and other things?

Wow, it's too early. All my friends would just laugh at you if you say this in game chat. You only need to make some list of in-game points what you must do: 1) to complete narakali 1 time 2) to complete museum of knowledge 1 time 3) to find pvp group that can win more than 50% runatoriums/gold arenas/coop arenas. And ofcourse I mean you must be new player. Try to begin on any of old servers, better Antriksha cause i described situation here, and try to do these things with all ppl that left on this server. I would like to see in how much years you will do/find it.
      Just enough to check activity during event "Go Hunt, Daeva".

How much were these numbers previous event? 1 million+? I guess if this crap event gonna be implemented again, numbers will be not more than 200k. But I assume it still will be early