Bunch of questions (and complaints) since I returned

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bunch of questions (and complaints) since I returned

Hello. I returned to aion a few months ago, and I have so many questions... My daeva ascended back in 2013 and since then I have been playing on and off...

- The thing is, I could have sworn I had more than 2 characters. Are the others deleted since this gold pack thing came in? Since when is this goldpack thing here?

- Another thing is, a friend of mine joined me with playing aion. We both made new characters (I had to delete one of mine because I dont have a gold pack), and I wanted to give him some gold so he could expand his inventory cubes. We are 'starters' *cough*i've been playing since 2013*cough* and we can't trade items or gold... what the heck?

- I'm a starter? Did I tell you I've been playing since 2013? Does that make me a starter?

- When I buy a gold pack, do I have to buy them every 30 days?

- When I buy a gold pack to trade items with my friend, does he have to buy a goldpack too?

- Why do we get these overpowered gears and weapons in the beginning? Where is the fun of finding some yourself? My friend was wondering, and I am wondering too since my lvl 63 cleric has this gear that is so strong, any gear I find is useless...
    • Hello Daeva

welcome back to the game

-) Gold Pack has been here since 2012 when Gameforge took over, since then everyone without a Gold Pack is a Starter
      -) Starter have only 2 Character slots, cannot trade, cannot use broker unless they want to buy a gold pack (there are some other limitations, you can find those at the webpage after maintenance)
      -) only the one giving things needs a Gold Pack active, the receiver doesn't
      -) after your Gold Pack expires, you are back to Starter status
      -) the items you recieved these days is based on an Event for returnees and new players - see also Angel in Sheep’s Wool

I hope this helps

Best regards
      Sita
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• Kunimitsuu wrote:

The thing is, I could have sworn I had more than 2 characters. Are the others deleted since this gold pack thing came in? Since when is this goldpack thing here?
      I believe if you activate the gold pack once you get 6 extra char slots (8 in total) that are permanent, so they do not expire. I never owned a starter account, so this is based on when I read on the forums.

Kunimitsuu wrote:

When I buy a gold pack, do I have to buy them every 30 days?
      Well you don't need to, you can still access every content in the game, it's just very annoying to play without one to be honest. With gold pack you get more instance entries etc

Kunimitsuu wrote:

We are 'starters' *cough*i've been playing since 2013*cough* and we can't trade items or gold... what the heck?
      Starter accounts can't trade with other people, you need a gold pack for that. I believe the only item you can buy from the broker is the gold pack as well. Most likely you created the account when Gameforge was already running the game. Players that payed subscription when NCsoft was still managing the game have a permanent Veteran status and they can trade/use the broker without limitations. If you're 100% sure you payed a subscription back in the day you can submit a support ticket, I'm sure they'll be able to help you with this.

Kunimitsuu wrote:

Why do we get these overpowered gears and weapons in the beginning? Where is the fun of finding some yourself? My friend was wondering, and I am wondering too since my lvl 63 cleric has this gear that is so strong, any gear I find is useless...
      Basically it's to ease the leveling process, because the real game starts at 66+. That's how it is in Aion these days, you can lvl up to lvl65 in 3 days without a problem.
    • PS if u didnt choose to migrate your acc to GF back when GF took over for EU u might've lost that acc(not sure what the procedure is here), are you sure u didnt create new acc afterwards? (even newly created acc on the 1st 2 trial weeks of GF all accounts became veteran status tho)
    • t0re wrote:

PS if u didnt choose to migrate your acc to GF back when GF took over for EU u might've lost that acc(not sure what the procedure is here), are you sure u didnt create new acc afterwards? (even newly created acc on the 1st 2 trial weeks of GF all accounts became veteran status tho)
      It was a serial code sent out after the GF public test server period, together with a 7 or 15 days? gold pack after you reached level 30 if I can remember correctly
      on which account you applied it was up to you (I am not sure but I think I had seen those a few weeks after even on ebay :D)
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• Well other posibility is that he played on NA, and came back to the wrong server :|

@Sita honestly no clue my acc is veteran as i play since betas but i got legi mates that made those trial accs, could ask (even tho its of no relevance here i believe)
    • I dared to believe if you play for this long you would get some features for free by now.
      I enjoy this game even without being lvl 66 and my friend too but this overpowered gear doenst give us a chalange anymore. All characters wear the same outfit too.
    • Kunimitsuu wrote:

I dared to believe if you play for this long you would get some features for free by now.
      I enjoy this game even without being lvl 66 and my friend too but this overpowered gear doenst give us a chalange anymore. All characters wear the same outfit too.
      ye an old balaur like me has some serious issues distinguishing asmos and elys these days
      now how shall i know what i roasted? ;)
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

• The real game starts after u become High daeva (66+) Its only natural that the pre-levels would be relatively easy as the patches come and go. This leveling till then is meant to be as "learning phase", nothing more i suppose.
    • I agree with Kunimitsuu on the part about being too easy with the new gear. The fact that we level up very fast is not an issue to me, but there's no challenge until lvl 66.

t0re wrote:

The real game starts after u become High daeva (66+) Its only natural that the pre-levels would be relatively easy as the patches come and go. This leveling till then is meant to be as "learning phase", nothing more i suppose.
      When the mobs in an instance 61+ are 75 lvl elite (I still don't understand that) and resist your 69 lvl well-geared character 90% of the time, people are gonna request for 70+ (newer instances, 73+). Same goes for the rest of the new regions' instances (adma/ele lab etc). It's either the dps/resist part or the fact that people want to finish the instance in less than 10 minutes (going as far as looking for 72+). The only thing a player can do from 66 to 70 is grind rift, luna and quests all day... and it's only fun for a while.

This is the only game I have played or seen that makes leveling up and PvE way too easy... No challenge means no fun, which leads to less motivation and eventually quitting the game.

Not that I blame them...
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • illidan wrote:

The only thing a player can do from 66 to 70 is grind rift
      Um no. Adma and lab are designed for chars 66+ and even got hard nerfed. You have no damage penalty there and if u have at least average gear They go rly fast.(obviously not if u use 1 skill every 5s as i see many ppl do). Arkhal is perfectly fine after 67/8 with same rule. Lok is slightly different type of isntance where ppl need to know mechanics, however after the 2 nerfs the isntance is extremely easy for chars 68+
      Instances such as kroban, Gok require slightly higher level but its normal as they're "higher grade"
      As for people recruiting 72+ for lower isntances and such reasons are mainly 4:
      -1st and main one ppl WANT TO GET CARRIED instead of doing the dmg themselves.
      -2nd People have close to no actual knowledge of the game and copy other ppl from lfg
      -3 Some think that if u get higher level u get better player (which unfortunately is absurd)
      -4 They do not understand that w8ting for players recruitment for 20mins is actually slower than doing the instance itself 5min slower

illidan wrote:

This is the only game I have played or seen that makes leveling up and PvE way too easy... No challenge means no fun, which leads to less motivation and eventually quitting the game.
      Well thats what New players what , thats what we get. Every1 used to QQ how hard everything is and this is the result. We're not great many that enjoyed the actual game that used to be. Sadly most of the skilled players left to the Moba genre
    • t0re wrote:

illidan wrote:

The only thing a player can do from 66 to 70 is grind rift
      Um no. Adma and lab are designed for chars 66+ and even got hard nerfed. You have no damage penalty there and if u have at least average gear They go rly fast.(obviously not if u use 1 skill every 5s as i see many ppl do). Arkhal is perfectly fine after 67/8 with same rule. Lok is slightly different type of isntance where ppl need to know mechanics, however after the 2 nerfs the isntance is extremely easy for chars 68+Instances such as kroban, Gok require slightly higher level but its normal as they're "higher grade"
      As for people recruiting 72+ for lower isntances and such reasons are mainly 4:
      -1st and main one ppl WANT TO GET CARRIED instead of doing the dmg themselves.
      -2nd People have close to no actual knowledge of the game and copy other ppl from lfg
      -3 Some think that if u get higher level u get better player (which unfortunately is absurd)
      -4 They do not understand that w8ting for players recruitment for 20mins is actually slower than doing the instance itself 5min slower

illidan wrote:

Well thats what New players what , thats what we get. Every1 used to QQ how hard everything is and this is the result. We're not great many that enjoyed the actual game that used to be. Sadly most of the skilled players left to the Moba genre
      This is probably one of the rare times where I see someone responding with good reasons :D

I have only been to lab after the patch and I agree that it seems a bit easier. It's still very rare to see groups under lvl 70 going for adma/lab but this might change in the future...
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • are you elyos or asmo?
      most of my friends dont rly look the level of the ppl for these but if they have enough hp(to indicate some spark that the person got some will to contribute)

Bare in mind some ppl are labeled as bad after testing their abilities, so thats also a thing :P
    • Kunimitsuu wrote:

So what server is best to go to? Because my 2 chars were on Antriksha.
      If you havent played much for a while and only got 2 chars (not full geared) I'd say go for grendal and start afresh (grendal is english server). If you speak other languages go for one of the other ones if you want. New servers started from 0 a week ago. so it's a good time for you to re-take aion
    • t0re wrote:

are you elyos or asmo?
      most of my friends dont rly look the level of the ppl for these but if they have enough hp(to indicate some spark that the person got some will to contribute)

Bare in mind some ppl are labeled as bad after testing their abilities, so thats also a thing :P
      I'm in Elyos, but I had always have the feeling that Asmodians co-op more. Mainly because they have less people than Elyos and just a few afkers in Deyla during siege and they still lose only 1 fort in reshanta and being able to counter us in Kaldor (pink Anoha FTW)
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • Kunimitsuu wrote:

So what server is best to go to? Because my 2 chars were on Antriksha.
      If you are ASMO
      If you love siege´s stay on antri or go deyla (your choice)
      If you want more populatd server and love siege´s go deyla
      If you want more populated server, but you don´t care about sieges and balance, hellion is for you
      Look into shugo eyes and you will see your destiny.
    • As ely u shouldnt have issues finding groups at least for adma/lab regardless of your level . But u are right asmo tend to co-op more. Pretty normal since in the past we used to outnumber them a lot on all servers. We started getting better ratio ely:asmo last 6-12 months and those new servers seem to have broken the gaining of balance

ps. could i ask for your char name?