Antriksha Elyos side - We need to have a VERY serious talk about sieges.

• Discussion
    • Elyos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LonestarX wrote:

I understand your rant but you should know, it is not a reason to get banned. leaders CAN and have the RIGHT to kick people who they consider not contributors to the siege
      Im quite sure they will recive some warning if not ban for some days if that happens repeatale or more ppl report. And leaders dont have right to kick nothing on sieges actually, there is an option for it that they can but if they abuse that guess what will happen.

And gl kicking 80% alts, and server will be quiet not gonna happen. Sometimes ppl just kick somone that they dont like or fight with them, and he cant re-enter so fast to take rewards or because somone is afk for 5 min? Thats not bananble ? They ruin somones game experience and blocking them to play, so it is.

There are way way to many aspect to be looking into it to be able to have the "RIGHT" to kick ppl.

And on top of that PVP or PVE ppl who want will stay afk and bring tons of alts whatsoever, so nothing gonna be fixed.
    • Rebelbabe wrote:

If i went into seige to test my ability to help I would not take my healer, all the group could die if i was not able to heal. I think on others, not just myself.
      Well...seeing that I have 2-3 fps on sieges and being abused (often with bad words) why I am not healing, I stopped going entirely. On one hand indeed if I am useless, better not go, on the other hand even if I had good fps, I find sieges a toxic place to be and wouldn't go anyway.
    • Honestly I wish they would bring back the option to make premade alliances in the siege. Of course it would not solve the afk issue, but it would boost the cooperation for the active ones. At least when I manage to get in the same group wit my legion mates and while being on TS aswell with them, it really can make a difference. But like this when u get a random group full of afkers, it is just useless.
      From time to time I have issues with massive lags as well, in a way that if I go near ely, I cannnot cast or do anything and get a disconnect within 1 minute. Usually that's the only reason I go on afk on kisk sometimes, cause if I try to do anything I get a disconnect. But that is roughly 1 occasion out of 10.
    • Rym wrote:

Actually, fps = ping in Aion. The higher your FPS is, the more stable and the lower your ping is (down to the best you could get of course based on your ISP).

The lower your FPS is, the higher your ping gets.
      Ko?Ne!
      Are you serious? Then why i am playing with 40ms latency on sieges and have 3-5 fps ?
    • nodeone wrote:

Rym wrote:

Actually, fps = ping in Aion. The higher your FPS is, the more stable and the lower your ping is (down to the best you could get of course based on your ISP).

Ko?Ne!Are you serious? Then why i am playing with 40ms latency on sieges and have 3-5 fps ?
    • not gonna read everything;

imo the only ppl who still care about siege are ppl who play twice a week and ppl tryharding for ranks [for whatever reason since there are none anymore].

5 fps, 1k ppl, messy nyerk for 15mil kinah?
      Anyone smart would rather spend that 1 hour making 200mil from tower or 200mil from LoK;

I just wish ppl who log twice a week would stop sharing their nyerk opinions about this. This is the worst content this game has to offer, its time to move on if u think ppl will tryhard siege every night, get real

I know i wont
    • Hashtag wrote:

LonestarX wrote:

I understand your rant but you should know, it is not a reason to get banned. leaders CAN and have the RIGHT to kick people who they consider not contributors to the siege
      Im quite sure they will recive some warning if not ban for some days if that happens repeatale or more ppl report. And leaders dont have right to kick nothing on sieges actually, there is an option for it that they can but if they abuse that guess what will happen.
      And gl kicking 80% alts, and server will be quiet not gonna happen. Sometimes ppl just kick somone that they dont like or fight with them, and he cant re-enter so fast to take rewards or because somone is afk for 5 min? Thats not bananble ? They ruin somones game experience and blocking them to play, so it is.

There are way way to many aspect to be looking into it to be able to have the "RIGHT" to kick ppl.

And on top of that PVP or PVE ppl who want will stay afk and bring tons of alts whatsoever, so nothing gonna be fixed.
      You're so wrong on many ways. If you are playing Antriskha you'll know what I'm talking about. If not: one weekend we lost a S rank on Sanctum Battlefield because of the people who bought the tickets to the Dredgion; almost all of them were low geared/Lv alts. They were afk too, needless to say.

And guess what solved this issue for the next weekend? Our leader threated to kick those who were waiting for the Dredgion, allowing to enter the mains to successfully kill the boss. Worked so good that the boss was killed in a record time (17m left).

Perhaps we're not allowed to freely kick anyone we want, but should we allow the players do anything they want for their selfish reasons? And by selfish I mean harming everyone's experience, as mentioned with Sanctum Battlefield's case. If you ask me, I see the non-contributors more of a bannable reason than kicking. Just saying.
    • Noctis wrote:

u npc the mighty ones lol
      U didn't get it right?
      I mean when i can easy have Mighty by doing LoK and GoK and sometimes in Luna, then why I or someone else should buy Lesser or Normal ? Or you meant by selling Normal and Lesser to the NPC?
    • Rym wrote:

Actually, it's not. It isn't based on the game at all. Whenever I lag a lot, I spam the command /ping to see my ms. At some point, after 20 seconds of delay, I reached 320,000 ms during siege but I was able to move freely around with 10 or so FPS. I lagged so much, that I moved from my kisk to the other faction's kisk, saw everyone there (not moving of course) and when my ms dropped, I died when they noticed me.

FPS is Frames Per Second and depends on your computer's performance. If you have a good pc, you can play with even 30 FPS when you're surrounded by 1000 players. If you have a crap pc, like mine, you won't even reach 10.

Ping is measured in ms. It depends to how far the server you are connecting to is that determines your ping. The higher the number, the more you lag. It doesn't affect FPS in any way and FPS can't affect ping in any way as well. You can lag as much as you want and still have 100 ms (speaking from experience). Of course, if you lag that much it doesn't matter how low the number of ms is, since you won't be able to play at all.

The video you posted is misleading... First of all, it's the first time I have ever seen someone with 100 FPS. Congrats on the pc. Second, you have extremely low ms. The fact that you closed the window to lower your FPS which results in lagging your screen (it happens to everyone, in every game) doesn't prove that ms indeed increases. You must have several occasions of that happening to make the other start thinking about it. How come whenever I do that, my ms is the same like always? I usually play with 150 ms, but in Sanctum (which is under populated) I have 90, but never below that. My FPS though is always the same, either I have 150 or 90 ms (it's 30-40 in case you're wondering). Like I mentioned above, FPS doesn't affect ping at all.
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6

The post was edited 1 time, last by illidan ().

• Kranos wrote:

Hashtag wrote:

LonestarX wrote:

Im quite sure they will recive some warning if not ban for some days if that happens repeatale or more ppl report. And leaders dont have right to kick nothing on sieges actually, there is an option for it that they can but if they abuse that guess what will happen.And gl kicking 80% alts, and server will be quiet not gonna happen. Sometimes ppl just kick somone that they dont like or fight with them, and he cant re-enter so fast to take rewards or because somone is afk for 5 min? Thats not bananble ? They ruin somones game experience and blocking them to play, so it is.

You're so wrong on many ways. If you are playing Antriskha you'll know what I'm talking about. If not: one weekend we lost a S rank on Sanctum Battlefield because of the people who bought the tickets to the Dredgion; almost all of them were low geared/Lv alts. They were afk too, needless to say.
      And guess what solved this issue for the next weekend? Our leader threated to kick those who were waiting for the Dredgion, allowing to enter the mains to successfully kill the boss. Worked so good that the boss was killed in a record time (17m left).

Perhaps we're not allowed to freely kick anyone we want, but should we allow the players do anything they want for their selfish reasons? And by selfish I mean harming everyone's experience, as mentioned with Sanctum Battlefield's case. If you ask me, I see the non-contributors more of a bannable reason than kicking. Just saying.
      I know i was there. Bug this is sb not basic siege.
      1. Yes some naps took tickets and ruin others loot etc to fail the instance 300+ ppl got rekt->ban or at leas reasonable
      2. Siege im afk on boss room because i cant play, im afk, coudnt care less etc-> no ban, kick
      Why? Because they not directly influence and ruin the siege by reseting boss, lure mobs, or take somone else spot with alts.. etc ...they just simply there for reward.

And now dont say they dont help kill boss...because what woud happen if 10 ppl woud apply for siege and noone else woud you also blame ppl ;);) for fail...
      You cant force ppl to play.
      Pve or pvp same situation, on pve at least you dont waste time for nothing.
    • illidan wrote:

Rym wrote:

Actually, it's not. It isn't based on the game at all. Whenever I lag a lot, I spam the command /ping to see my ms. At some point, after 20 seconds of delay, I reached 320,000 ms during siege but I was able to move freely around with 10 or so FPS. I lagged so much, that I moved from my kisk to the other faction's kisk, saw everyone there (not moving of course) and when my ms dropped, I died when they noticed me.
      FPS is Frames Per Second and depends on your computer's performance. If you have a good pc, you can play with even 30 FPS when you're surrounded by 1000 players. If you have a crap pc, like mine, you won't even reach 10.

Ping is measured in ms. It depends to how far the server you are connecting to is that determines your ping. The higher the number, the more you lag. It doesn't affect FPS in any way and FPS can't affect ping in any way as well. You can lag as much as you want and still have 100 ms (speaking from experience). Of course, if you lag that much it doesn't matter how low the number of ms is, since you won't be able to play at all.

The video you posted is misleading... First of all, it's the first time I have ever seen someone with 100 FPS. Congrats on the pc. Second, you have extremely low ms. The fact that you closed the window to lower your FPS which results in lagging your screen (it happens to everyone, in every game) doesn't prove that ms indeed increases. You must have several occasions of that happening to make the other start thinking about it. How come whenever I do that, my ms is the same like always? I usually play with 150 ms, but in Sanctum (which is under populated) I have 90, but never below that. My FPS though is always the same, either I have 150 or 90 ms (it's 30-40 in case you're wondering). Like I mentioned above, FPS doesn't affect ping at all.
      If your ping does not increase when your FPS drops, your ISP is throttling you.

Aion does not calculate FPS and latency differently, the higher your FPS is the faster data is sent from the client to the server. This rule is absolute, you must re-write the code of the game to separate FPS and latency so that ping is no longer affected by FPS.

Alternatively, the lower your FPS is, the slower your client is, as your client begins to slow down it starts to "hang" in sending packets (but not in receiving them, as the server does not lag).

I can show you a thousand times that I am right, there never was, and never will be an instance where my ping will not increase when my FPS will drop.

Latency is not fixed in stone, I had 100ms as well, once I gave some calls however it dropped real fast without me doing anything at all. Your ISP controls your latency, not you. You'd need to live in USA to have 100ms ping to EU servers, since the distance is then indeed too great.
    • Imma stop this train here if I can, not being obnoxious or anything but it's hilarious to see people saying ping = fps (or that it's inversely proportional; i.e. the lower the fps, the higher the ping). This is about as true as Bigfoot, and with some fair intermediate programming knowledge you can easily debunk this. The amount of time taken by the GPU&CPU to process your input&output has 0 influence on how fast the packets are sent to the server (how much loss, and so on). It is virtually impossible in aion (or to say the least, insane) to program in such a way that networking side of the game to wait for the graphics engine. In short, what happens is like this. If you have low fps and good ping, you will send a command to the server (i.e use a skill), but by the time the game finishes processing the graphics and computation for the skill, the target information could have changed on the server (and let's say it did), so for example you would receive "target too far away" but to you it will seem like you have lag, because things are moving as such. In reality, the networking part is working fast (as you have low ping), it just works with bad information due to the delay caused by the gpu/cpu thus appearing as lag. this is because mostly the network operations are done asynchronous. How can you know this ? the best example is the "move into an object" bug, when your position resets over and over again (you know what i'm talking about, you do it tons of times a day). when the server replies back, you are moved to the correct allowed position
    • Rym wrote:

illidan wrote:

Rym wrote:

Actually, it's not. It isn't based on the game at all. Whenever I lag a lot, I spam the command /ping to see my ms. At some point, after 20 seconds of delay, I reached 320,000 ms during siege but I was able to move freely around with 10 or so FPS. I lagged so much, that I moved from my kisk to the other faction's kisk, saw everyone there (not moving of course) and when my ms dropped, I died when they noticed me.FPS is Frames Per Second and depends on your computer's performance. If you have a good pc, you can play with even 30 FPS when you're surrounded by 1000 players. If you have a crap pc, like mine, you won't even reach 10.

If your ping does not increase when your FPS drops, your ISP is throttling you.
      Aion does not calculate FPS and latency differently, the higher your FPS is the faster data is sent from the client to the server. This rule is absolute, you must re-write the code of the game to separate FPS and latency so that ping is no longer affected by FPS.

Alternatively, the lower your FPS is, the slower your client is, as your client begins to slow down it starts to "hang" in sending packets (but not in receiving them, as the server does not lag).

I can show you a thousand times that I am right, there never was, and never will be an instance where my ping will not increase when my FPS will drop.

Latency is not fixed in stone, I had 100ms as well, once I gave some calls however it dropped real fast without me doing anything at all. Your ISP controls your latency, not you. You'd need to live in USA to have 100ms ping to EU servers, since the distance is then indeed too great.
      Actually NOT. You are messing latency with bandwidth. If you have super truper PC and usually are playing the game with 30 fps then you are right - the client is sending more data to to the server. Then comes the bandwidth - is your home internet international bandwidth is capable to handle such traffic or some packets should wait in queue. Example in Germany and England 90% of home internet providers are still using ADSL/DSL internet technology which is ancient (WTF). Also is pathetically asymmetric - 1Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download for example.And in a lot of cases the upload traffic can not handle 30FPS game in full details. Latency do not have position here - in comparison with FPS. These are definitely different things. Example - my internet is almost 100Mb synchronous (outbound and inbound internet), it can handle atleast 50 - 100 PCs playing with 30FPS, and my ping is usually 40-60ms all the time. Unfortunately I am playing the game with Laptop with integrated Intel 3000 Video Card and it can't handle even the crowd in Nosra. So i am lagging in term of FPS ... But I never lag in executing skills, moving, talk with NPCs etc - that is in term in latency -how fast your packets will go to the server and the response will come back to the client.
      So that's it... When someone have lag - first blame your ISP and ask for your bandwidth... 2-nd check your latency, 3-rd - buy better PC...
      :D Hope that was helpful.
      Files
      • Bandwidth.jpg

(54.52 kB, downloaded 4 times, last: )
    • No matter how much evidence you bring to the contrary, my assumption was taken after quite a few years of unquestionable proof in the game.

Teleporting back from corners is a server sided bug. As Koreans with less than 10ms ping have this issue as well. It is not ping-related, but it is made worse with higher ping.

You may test this ingame as many times as you want, I invite you to create videos and show me as proof as well. I will simply do the same thing and prove my point again.

Yes, I know ping should NOT be modified by your client's FPS, this is absurd to say the least. But unfortunately this is how it is with Aion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rym ().