Antriksha Elyos side - We need to have a VERY serious talk about sieges.

• Discussion
    • Elyos

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Antriksha Elyos side - We need to have a VERY serious talk about sieges.

The past week Khry and Hirad made a strawpoll to decide about what kind of siege you wanted, and so PvE won. However, people have been becoming lazier after each siege (not surprising news, I know) and the afk population is increasing per moments. I personally talked with Hirad and asked him to be more harsh with the afk players. Maybe you can bring an alt or two, but at least do some DPS or heal your teammates. I mean, is that hard?

Last Monday Krotan was so slow that I decided to not joining for Miren after. By the time the Seasoned Ulsaruk was killed I completed Oblivion and solo Adma.

But yesterday... Anoha. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Simply amazing. I just have no words to describe. I'm not licking Hirad's boots but I'm more aware than anyone about the effort he puts to successfully lead sieges. So I'm not blaming him for not wanting to lead. One only needs to read battlefield's chat to realise how many ungrateful players has this faction (not generally talking, but it's a fact).

Anyway, first of all, we need someone to replace Hirad, since he's not leading anymore. After that, adopt a more harsh attitude against the afkers (those who only dedicate to insult in chat too). My suggestion would be to threat with massive kicks. For this purpose, the alliance leaders/viceleaders need to keep an eye on who isn't moving after a while, not using mana, dead and ressed but not getting up...

We seriously need to take this in consideration.
    • All servers and all faction have problem with afk.
      It´s hard, watch who is afk or not. Battle Ready, doesen´t work. afk in middle of fort, it´s hard watch who is on boos or who is in middle of fort.
      But still, i see ppl in my grp how doing nothing, just fly up there and doing auto attack. but that doesen´t mean that is afk, ppl can have problems with FPS.
      I have on siege 8-15 fps and it´s hard to do with it something, and if i imagine siege with 0-3 fps, brr, i feel cold on my back (Most sad part is, when ppl doing what they can do with that 0-3fps, and then crash game and got nothing)
      I'm not surprised that ppl lost their faith :D
      On helli (on friday i tihnk) we made kysis after 35+ minutes, (only pve) bcs afkers and low fps ppl.
      Look into shugo eyes and you will see your destiny.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nagrio ().

• Maybe Gameforge should implement a system to avoid these situations. Like those who haven't inflicted more than a certain amount of damage on the boss (for the healers, something like healing 100k HP in total, which is not really hard since both mobs and boss hit a lot). This idea would work, but it's easy written on paper.

This is really something Gameforge needs to acknowledge.

"Neutru wrote:

A little more diplomacy between the legions I think will solve this problem without using any fascist methods

Do you really think this will solve this issue? I don't mind but the afkers will still be there.
    • Kranos wrote:

Maybe Gameforge should implement a system to avoid these situations. Like those who haven't inflicted more than a certain amount of damage on the boss (for the healers, something like healing 100k HP in total, which is not really hard since both mobs and boss hit a lot). This idea would work, but it's easy written on paper.

This is really something Gameforge needs to acknowledge.
      A system you say ||
      So then, ppl who lagging as hell, get nothing, because cast 1 spell in 3 minutes ? This is not good idea, honestly
      Some kind of system, meybe will be good, but not this one..,
      Look into shugo eyes and you will see your destiny.
    • Sita wrote:

you are aware that such things cannot be implemented by gameforge but needs the developer to do it?
      My mistake, I always tend to forget about this. Given this point, it's on the players to deal with this problem. But I'm already telling you that this is getting worse per moments, therefore I'd love to find a solution. Otherwise I'll just simply skip all the sieges.

"Nagrio" wrote:

A system you say
      So then, ppl who lagging as hell, get nothing, because cast 1 spell in 3 minutes ? This is not good idea, honestly
      Some kind of system, meybe will be good, but not this one..,
      Killing the boss takes its time to get killed, and I didn't even suggested about a specific amount. And by the way, I don't wanna sound mean but who has such lag?
    • True on elyos side Antri 70% orso is AFK, not even autoatt is on, and tbh it's surtenly not only the lower ranks. And for what? To get 4-9 medals worth 1.6kk/each, lets say 10kk/siege average? For that ridiculous amount you fak your faction ?? GG greedy.. b(i can't say that)tards :cursing:
      Loved the way our leader did what he did the last few weeks, but didnt like it at all when he/she just gave up thuesday, at least give us some notice so we could go take HF and have a proper 'pve' siege (which i hate lol) By the time we realized he/she wasnt going to lead i rushed to HF and with the other 4 who was there we tried to take it, but there just wasn't enough time. So :thumbdown: on that note.
      On the other note, i've spend way to much pve time to get pvp set so i would love to see pvp sieges again, even if i have to die 1k times before i reach a gate, if i wanted a pve game i would look for something else then Aion. I would vote to kick AFK'ers aswell as long they are truely AFK and not just recharging at kisk after dead, but that cant take more then 1 minute. So ally leaders should check where ppl are, if they use mana and if they are 100% sure that person is AFK kick the lazy (i can't say that) :thumbsup:

So let's have a fun siege today :whistling:
    • On Asmo side we have a lot of afk people as well, so its not a elyos issue only. Kicking afk is not an option, as one of the reasons of that deal we have, is to gain more medals, so alts are vital part. It would be good if they are auto attacking, but .... people. The systems implemented by NCsoft in the last few patches are allowing such behavior. Not only on sieges, but in Pande/Sanctum battlefields. Its an issue even on the Canyon sometimes as many people are just sitting afk while the others are trying to win. Until we have that system things are not going to change. I read that in 5.8, when Divine is back, the siege system will be different ...at least for that fort
    • Not from antri but the problem is persistent throughout all the servers so here's my 2 cents. We (on helli) have exactly the same problem.. heck we even lost once 500 ely vs 200 asmos lol cos more than half ely were afk/alts. I'm a returned user from quitting back in 2013 so siege situation was a bit different back then, so I was a little surprised at how many afk'ers were (either at gate kisk or inside the fort on the bridge - in abyss for example) and I was like what the nyerk ppl ? The blame is that nowadays you just gotta be in the battle league to get the hp/medals, no need for something more. So something like 2-3 weeks ago I took an ally lead in abyss siege and I started looking through the ppl's buffs/mana/activity. I noticed a fair amount of inactives so I started whispering them asking what's the deal. Sometimes in our sieges when leaders get a bit angry, they start kicking supposed afk ppl. To my surprise, the whispered ones replied that they can't play cos they lag.... Sooooooo... kinda a bum end.. Because well... it's a vicious circle. They are not afk so technically it's not fair to kick them but they don't contribute either because of the lag. Of course, on the other hand one can easily abuse this excuse and pretend they have lag so they can afk... so then... NCS needs to think of a vetting solution.. something like flag the high ping users to the leaders so they can filter the afks. Ofc, that doesn't mean "oh yeah, i'll just turn on my torrent during siege so I appear lagging" >___> But then again, I can't think of any better solution that doesn't rely on the people's honesty and solidarity. my 2 cents

Small PS: I can't believe I see this name *rubs his eyes* b-but... is this Khry you're speaking of, the same one from the Anuhart days ???!? 8o 8o 8o 8o
    • LonestarX wrote:

they can't play cos they lag
      dont believe that! i am usings skills buffs etc with 1 fps even - ofc i cant weave and moving is extremely hard but hitting is not an issue even on 1 fps! Those are just people that feel obligated to take rewards even tho they dont try to contribute
    • t0re wrote:

LonestarX wrote:

they can't play cos they lag
      dont believe that! i am usings skills buffs etc with 1 fps even - ofc i cant weave and moving is extremely hard but hitting is not an issue even on 1 fps! Those are just people that feel obligated to take rewards even tho they dont try to contribute
      I'll take your advice but you should mind that fps =/= ping .... I mean it behaves differently when you have high ping from when you have low fps
    • Noone gonna take a closer look who use mana or who heal up use scrolls on a pve siege. Not worth the time and effort and YES ppl actualy lagg as hell so dont say bshit here.
      But if i see that some leader try to kick my alt or even main bcus i lagged for 1-3 min my sceeen freeze etc. I cant do nothing and see nothing in that time... im sure that i will writte so many tickets as needed to get him banned.
      Noone can play God and kick ppl who "think" they afk.
      Ppl are afk? Guess who is the first in the line 5* stars + those called good skiled op players who think they the best so why woud other bother i do understand them, thats just logical human thinking.

I do not support that in sb, kick the afk.
      But funny story there aliance leader and vice captain are friends (high rank both). Aliance leader check ready for 3x evrytime his vice friend is afk and dont check...never...but one lvl 73( i asaume not alt didnt check) in 30s he got kicked in first try. Meanwile his buddy play till end afk in spawn 0m. Interesting how gready and brainead some ppl are just in there faivour and theres "friends".
    • Hashtag wrote:

Noone gonna take a closer look who use mana or who heal up use scrolls on a pve siege. Not worth the time and effort and YES ppl actualy lagg as hell so dont say bshit here.
      But if i see that some leader try to kick my alt or even main bcus i lagged for 1-3 min my sceeen freeze etc. I cant do nothing and see nothing in that time... im sure that i will writte so many tickets as needed to get him banned.
      Noone can play God and kick ppl who "think" they afk.
      Ppl are afk? Guess who is the first in the line 5* stars + those called good skiled op players who think they the best so why woud other bother i do understand them, thats just logical human thinking.

I do not support that in sb, kick the afk.
      But funny story there aliance leader and vice captain are friends (high rank both). Aliance leader check ready for 3x evrytime his vice friend is afk and dont check...never...but one lvl 73( i asaume not alt didnt check) in 30s he got kicked in first try. Meanwile his buddy play till end afk in spawn 0m. Interesting how gready and brainead some ppl are just in there faivour and theres "friends".
      I understand your rant but you should know, it is not a reason to get banned. leaders CAN and have the RIGHT to kick people who they consider not contributors to the siege
    • Ping and lag (sorry about how it sounds, but keep reading please) it's a poor excuse to not doing entirely anything. If you're joining a siege that means you want to participate. Or at least, that should be the purpose. Don't you think?

But it's just my personal suggestion. You may find it harsh, and I understand your opinion. But if we don't do anything sieges will become useless; and you don't want that, am I correct?
    • We had this AFK issue when the sieges were Pvp ones and people still do the same on Pve ones, so i do not see the issue here it is still the same.

One thing which could also make the changes is just not take the fort if people want the rewards they have to join in, a prime example was tuesday where a certain few people actually defended the camps myself included, I healed on my second character the guy tanking the balaur attacking the camp.

The current siege mechanic as has its issues but then again it helps with the one faction dominating.

Also everyone is fools to think that going back to pvp siege is going to solve the problem.

Solution to kaldor is refuse to take the camps and then people will get the message that if you want something you have to help.

The abyss is slightly more complex, although refusing to take certain parts of the fort and just letting it end should get the message across.
    • yes this really is a tough one. They have put in place a setting in options to try help the lag in sieges, I have not tried this yet, anyone found it helps?

The basic thing is.. everyone wants the rewards that sucess in sieges gives, all the buffs and the npc's, teleports, access to instances etc. but we only get them through sucess.

That means we need to win things. The issue with AFK people is player behaviour, not the fault of Ncsoft or Gameforge.

I really feel bad for leaders. They have a thankless task and are damned if they do kick people and damned if they don't. Why do people not wait until all people that want to actively help and take part are into a siege, take their main into it then wait until it is as full as it is going to be, then on leader instruction put in alts to take up unused spaces?

The people with really bad lag, (if not caused by having alts logged in) I think they are as entitled to have the chance to get medals etc the same as others, but should ask themselves if it is an important siege that winning would benefit all the faction, should they enter? If i went into seige to test my ability to help I would not take my healer, all the group could die if i was not able to heal. I think on others, not just myself.