[75/PvP] High Guard Praetor Weapon armfusion with [best option for PvP]?

• PapaSchultz wrote:

at/gunner benefit for every charging skill, just try under Chanter speed cast or with a Bard Dp
      actually its attack speed that influences the load skills from those classes

you can easily test it with aethercharged steel yourself
      Achievement: Get renamed on forums
    • randomforumuser wrote:

PapaSchultz wrote:

at/gunner benefit for every charging skill, just try under Chanter speed cast or with a Bard Dp
      actually its attack speed that influences the load skills from those classes
      you can easily test it with aethercharged steel yourself
      well just tested on my tech and the attack speed changes absolutely nothing on the charge time

(tested without hand-guards/scroll with scroll + hand guards + chanter DP)
    • New

Stallari wrote:

Chargeskills are not affected by anything. Casted skills by cast speed (so including Focused Shots). Skill animations are affected by attack speed.

This is generally the case for anything, though I am unsure of Massacre atm, but it should follow the same logic.
      tbh i don't really play my tech anymore but i do my bard that has quite some charging skills

when chanter cast speedcast the charging time goes crazy low so it does affect the charging time, i imagine same for tech and gun

there was something talking about this in a patch note in 4.x, but i'm to lazy to search for it
    • New

PapaSchultz wrote:

iduk wrote:

ATs and Gunner dont benefit from castspeed. Double AP is much more poweful anyways. Even Rangers dont need castspeed for just one skill.
      omg really?ranger do not need casting speed? the spell they cast is to be renewed every 5 skills
      chargable skills are affected by BOTH casting and attack speed.. so dunno why u argue exactly ;\

Stallari wrote:

This is generally the case for anything, though I am unsure of Massacre atm, but it should follow the same logic.
      that is physical cast and not a chargable skill. has nothing to do with that ;\
    • New

PapaSchultz wrote:

Stallari wrote:

Chargeskills are not affected by anything. Casted skills by cast speed (so including Focused Shots). Skill animations are affected by attack speed.

tbh i don't really play my tech anymore but i do my bard that has quite some charging skills
      when chanter cast speedcast the charging time goes crazy low so it does affect the charging time, i imagine same for tech and gun

there was something talking about this in a patch note in 4.x, but i'm to lazy to search for it
      That could be true. I returned quite recently, my knowledge was based on the last time I played, which was 4.6
    • New

well i just double checked

in fact we are all wrong and right :P

it depends on the class

all bonus time for charging skills are described in the client_skill_charge.xml file

line <charge_time_bonus_type>xxxxx</charge_time_bonus_type> where magical = cast speed and Physical is attack speed :

Source Code

1. <skill_charge_client>
      2. <id>12</id>
      3. <name>Ar_SongofBattle1</name>
      4. <min_charge_time>400</min_charge_time>
      5. <move_charge>0</move_charge>
      6. <charge_time_bonus_type>magical</charge_time_bonus_type>
      7. <skill_name1>Ar_SongofBattle_1_G1</skill_name1>
      8. <charge_time1>1500</charge_time1>
      9. <skill_name2>Ar_SongofBattle_2_G1</skill_name2>
      10. <charge_time2>1500</charge_time2>
      11. <skill_name3>Ar_SongofBattle_3_G1</skill_name3>
      12. <charge_time3>7000</charge_time3>
      13. </skill_charge_client>
      Display All

bard,sorc,SM,cleric = cast speed
      gunner, AT, glad, chanter... = attack speed

earth xform = attack speed

The post was edited 1 time, last by PapaSchultz ().