[Discussion Thread] Luna after 13th Sept 2017

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The shi-t oppened. Go and check rates now.
    Lv.69 Assasin Deepsilent ~ Legion: (Hellion)
    Lv.74 Gunner Fujin ~ Legion : Ultraviolence (Grendal)
  • I've seen this coming for a while now. They've been dropping subtle hints ever since the live stream.

First of all they wanted to nerf Tower. Reducing the amount of mighty supplements we could get in order to slow the enchanting process down. This ended up being pointless since you can get a HUGE amount of mighty supplements from Library/ Garden etc anyway. If they'd have just put this in the patch notes a few weeks before then nobody would have complained.

Next they started to actively ban accounts that accessed the store from the same IP address. I figure this move was to tackle the players who have multiple accounts. Since the game is optimized for players to have between 1 and 8 characters, not 9+. I do appreciate that this can be considered a security risk, however the way they go about asking you to unblock the accounts clearly shows their real intentions. Asking players to list all of the accounts they have access to couldn't be more blatant.

Prior to patch 5.6 a huge source of income for Gameforge was the Apes, Supplements and Serums. The fact that the All Powerful Enchantment Pack and the Feather/ Serum bundle is still on the stores popular items list says a lot. However Supplements have dropped off, but the minion contracts have replaced them. Clearly even with the so called abundance of Apes and Serums people are still purchasing large quantities of them.

Your communication with the community is nothing short of disgusting. There is no consistency with what your support staff say or enforce.The majority of your problems could be solved by having open and honest discussions with us, the players.

There are plenty more contributing factors to this out rage that could have been prevented.
    1. The only enchantment stones that work are Apes
    2. Manastones fail too often
    3. The best manastones are already too rare and will be even more difficult to get now (unreasonably so).
    4. Simply add the Luna weekly item to the S/A rank bundle so that you can't afk it.
    5. Enchanting items above +15 has been a rich mans game ever since its inception in the EU. What's the point of end-game gear when you can't reach it? (You just made that even harder by the way).
    6. Every other region has less restrictions than us.
    How about you ask your community for ideas next time rather than coming up with some half arsed plan yourselves? I've seen some great suggestions here that you'll probably ignore though.
  • Korea doesnt even have Luna instances.

Russia and NA are different regions that always had it way easier. When I was paying 150kk for a +7 manastone, Russia had +9 for 100 back in 5.3. It's not comparable and never was.

ToC nerf turned out fine. Random manastone bundles ensure there are manastones other than power knowl acc on the market. Problem with ToC is - NOONE FREAKIN BOTHERED FARMING IT ON ALTS cuz you get all the manastone you could possibly need from the afk luna instance.
  • I'll try to maintain my self control and analyse your decision with no anger.

I would point out that I understand commercially speaking some concepts that lead you to this decision.
    It makes sense to me that if you increase probability to 100% on APES + Mythical Socket are needed less APES to do a +15 set. So… selling on shop may become more difficult and as reaction, you decrease the amount of APES in game to make them more ‘rare’ and bring more people into the shop. Make sense.

But what about decreasing Holy Serums? This is a complete non sense! Serums breaks as before, no socket increase involved, decreasing this rate is just a decision that demonstrate a mistake you are trying to cover.

Decreasing the amount of Manastone after the 7 Factories can be ... but tell us how many. We find out that are decreased to probably 30 instead of 90… Why you didn’t said that explicitly in the first post? Worried about the players reaction? At least you don’t take it all away.

Lastly, this points should be considered on your next action before taking decisions like this:

1) Many players come back to the game because Luna drop rate gave them a chance to have a competitive set. Now as they came back they will leave. You are spending a lot of energies in retaining players (Quests for returned or new players) and you now remove one of the reason why people was coming back to the game. My legion had 6 Players back for this increased drop in Luna… as I said I’m pretty sure they will leave soon.

2) Taking off without giving something in return is NEVER a good idea (commercially speaking). You already have a questionable reputation, this actions impact directly on your rate as a fair business company. Those who spent something sometimes to have a little more (not the shoppingaholics) well… these action are the ones that makes them leave and no more shopping.
    It would have been reasonable to give an alternative drop possibility than APES (reduction stones? Petra medals? Shining Enchantment Stones?)

Last consideration is that OK that APES with Mythical Sockets is 100%, but with normal or Shining Stones how many chances do I have to miss on Mythical Sets? 70% to be good? And with APES without Sockets? After having played months for a handful of Spinel Medals to buy a Myth Abyss Set I do not have many options to upgrade it if I do not use APES + SOCKET. Using the other is too dangerous and breaking a piece I worked really hard to buyout’s so discouraging that made people quit the game.

I hope this will help for future decisions.
    Axorrata (Deyla)
  • Before this nerf, You needed 7 weeks to get a single manastone +10. AFTER 7 WEEKS! And you could fail it.
    After this nerf, You need 21 Weeks to get a manastone +10 and still You can fail it.

Before 5.6 patch, You could buy a +10 Manastone at the broker for like 1kkk. After this nerf, We will be back at that time. So, to get a full +10 manastones gear, I need to buy 42 Manastones, that means 42kkk without fails. 42kkk??
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    If You want to stop the afk people in luna, just put that reward as Rank S but don't penalize people that have no other resources.

Could We have an answer from someone that is higher than a forum moderator?
  • btw since new patch I spend in game so much time like never before. Mostly farming luna obviously. I conclude to online numbers, so does others who do it. At least population percentage is not thaaat shameful when you check on aioninfo. With upcoming nerfs all optimism to play is just fading :(
  • Hjarta wrote:

esset23 wrote:

Bubblefluff wrote:

As a cash shop user my self dumping 1000 euros within a matter of weeks
    Better buy iPhone X, m8.
    that was my same thought xD I'd rather buy that phone for real u.u
    Not a fan of the iphone anymore :( I Bought the galaxy s8 then had spare money left over every week after work to throw on Aion, looks like it was a mistake tho :')
  • Go-go Wallet Warriors.(korea has in total of 4-5 new op-op godstones, including fear, because their event rewards were based on actual game knowledge and not $ they spend)
    (also x4 APES as rewards xD)
    pls, no
    Aion0220.jpg
    - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
  • Jtz wrote:

Next they started to actively ban accounts that accessed the store from the same IP address. I figure this move was to tackle the players who have multiple accounts. Since the game is optimized for players to have between 1 and 8 characters, not 9+. I do appreciate that this can be considered a security risk, however the way they go about asking you to unblock the accounts clearly shows their real intentions. Asking players to list all of the accounts they have access to couldn't be more blatant.
    I hadn't heard of this. I have more than enough accounts, but never visit the shop so I guess that's why I'm unaffected. If they ban an account for no reason just to get rid of multi accounts, I guess they don't even care about their own ToS unless it fits in their own agenda.
  • I dont want to inquire in detail the update, because even a child could see how clueless you all are. I just want to know how did you come up with this idea. I want to know what kind of information you received. On what game even, cos clearly you can't be speaking of Aion. I wonder, if someone was to cut your legs cos you can walk in a weelchair anyway, would you call it balance?
  • Anyone realised this is like an abusive relationship? You get given something good once in a while but beforehand you get bent over and :nothingtoseehere: . And you know what hurts the most? The good gift that is given to you lasts a while(Go Hunt, Daeva event) but the feeling itself of getting :nothingtoseehere: (Lesser rates of drops, less manastones) by something like this stays with you always.

No words, a great patch for players that were purely Free to Play has turned into nothing but a waste.

Try to stay civil.
    - Fregion
  • Stallari wrote:

Jtz wrote:

I hadn't heard of this. I have more than enough accounts, but never visit the shop so I guess that's why I'm unaffected. If they ban an account for no reason just to get rid of multi accounts, I guess they don't even care about their own ToS unless it fits in their own agenda.

I have heard also completely new players getting banned for no reason. Dunno what gf is doing.
    :S
  • The real issue here is not the fact that Gameforge is making changes to it's own profiteering reasons, but that the player base treats +15 as a standard, rather than a priviledge.
    The player base also treats +10 manastones as standard rather than a priviledge/bonus.

It's only the mentality of the players that make a game change (take off or crash).

Finally, it's only a game at the end of the day and people who are regular and spend 3 hours tops a day playing really won't be affected by any of this.
    They would've worked enough during the day to pay for the priviledges.
  • I really dont get it...i mean why? Do you really want that ppl will quit so badly? You already give us a NERFED TOWER and you got only flame and bad reviews! And now even luna got NERFED! Hell NO!! do you have an idea how many manastone do you need in order to have 1 piece of equip? I'll tell you! With 90 manastone (+6 that are shit) you can make 1 manastone +10! ONE!!!! In 7 weeks! Do you know what is the probability of succes with might supplement? Is about 40%...now in order to get 1 manastone +10 you had to pay at broker more or less 400kk excluding all the morph item needed...because you need about 30 run of lybrary/garden in order to get all those stone...normal ppl CANT have a proper set and CANT COMPETE with shop hero...when in a game ppl that dont shop a lot like paytowinhero CANT have not even 1/100 of the thing that they have is a PAYTOWIN GAME ONLY! And ppl will quit after this one other big nerf! Good job in killing this game and make it more and more unbalanced!
  • holyeden wrote:

The real issue here is not the fact that Gameforge is making changes to it's own profiteering reasons, but that the player base treats +15 as a standard, rather than a priviledge.
    The player base also treats +10 manastones as standard rather than a priviledge/bonus.

It's only the mentality of the players that make a game change (take off or crash).

Finally, it's only a game at the end of the day and people who are regular and spend 3 hours tops a day playing really won't be affected by any of this.
    how come any other region has no problem in enchanting way higher than +15 and here +3 is the standard? yes, because only our region is riddled by greedforge filth trying to squeeze every last penny out of the game.

warn me for it, i dont care, you gf people here are wayy to scared to actually give us answers right now so you gotta do what you do best: ban people that tell the truth.
    Achievement: Get renamed on forums
  • holyeden wrote:

I am currently at work. I will work till 17:00 (GMT +2) ... but the difference is, that with that behavior GF will force me to pay (If ever would) to BOT holders for Kinah in game instead of buying whatever from GF Store.