[Discussion Thread] Luna after 13th Sept 2017

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Evita wrote:

just out of curiousity
    what are you aiming for? and why?
    I try to understand
    What most people are aiming for is to get their gear ready for end game content. Which you need +15 plus gear for.
    What GF is doing is limiting that capacity by holding players back with gear that is below +10.
    You can now clearly see the impact that the luna change has had on the game as players are not putting their money into Aion coins. Gold Packs on Deyla have increased 30-40% (were up to 50% yesterday) due to a lack of availability.

Me personally am aiming for the same amount of APEs that I would have gotten in Luna, but from other sources (luna is actually annoying, but I still do it for the exp). Personally I'd like to see some of the mounts etc put on the luna system, maybe for 400-1000 of each material for crafting. whilst most people would initially have enough for 1 craft, it would take a while before they could get enough for a 2nd craft, unless willing to buy luna. (I actually dislike the pricing structure of GF's shop because it makes no sense)

I'd be happy if GF put Noble Apes back onto the Store for 199 aion coins. Players would start to use these to get their gear for +20. Something that GF removed because they wanted to hinder players and limit them to 15 gear.
  • But why do you NEED +15 gear? The bonus on damage is not that high as that you wouldn't get more through manastones
    In PvP its clear, damage mitigation, for PvE I can imagine more HP?
    I saw Cinereas post about a premade, with minimum 20k HP - so that would explain for me why you would need to enchant the gear

When I read around the forum, most are saying that endgame content is easy anyway
    (only Narakkalli doesn't seems so easy? - not talking out of own experience, just from what I read), so it wouldn't be necessary
    but don't mind me, I always refused to do what people said that "you must have" - "le must" is ignored by me

I can imagine that people WANT something (to be the very best, like no one ever was), but that is something completely different

Regarding Noble APES - if I remember correctly, it was NC that told GF to take them out of the Veteran Rewards like 3 years ago? (I think they were master server only? but not sure)
  • I returned to play just recently, July maybe?
    I quitted after being mistreated by GF [1], switched to another game, but both my friends and, more important, my girlfriend kept playing Aion so I came back to play; all this just to say that I'm still building my PvP set and that's why I need APES like there's no tomorrow!

[1] I'm Italian and I had to go to Romania often because of work; GF detected logins from different locations and preemptively banned my account. Cool, thanks GF for trying to protect my account, but that was actually me so everything it's ok.
    All that happened a couple of days before Christmas.. The GM I was interacting with decided I could wait for his Christmas holiday for playing and gladly went on vacation. I ended with 20 days of ban because of that, had to skip all Christmas events in a period of time I could have actually enjoyed it. We were pretty competitive PvPers at the time, and rank mattered for equip, so I went in rage mode and ragequitted.
  • Evita wrote:

But why do you NEED +15 gear?
    To be ready for new patch with new unbreakable gear, that you get after you enchant current ones? As far as i know , the Apollon set needs to be +15 for that, the Falusha set needs to be 10. In pvp was again wither +10 or +15, I stopped doing pvp long time ago because I have not enough time, so I don't pay that much attention about it.

That question you ask is odd though. People can do lots of things with gear at 0. Adma, Ell, even Lok. But that doesn't mean they should and it certainly does not mean that only whales should get sets of +15 or higher. Enchanted sets provide more skills, passive and active and they are part of the content. On the F2P site they clearly state this business model does not have restrictions regarding content. Means everyone should be able to get those without selling a kidney first - even those who do not pay real money for the game. On top of that it should be achievable in reasonable amount of time and with reasonable amount of efforts.

I wonder why you do not ask "But why do you NEED manastones?" Or food, or scrolls, or potions and serums... Since the game is somewhat playable without any of them.
  • Evita wrote:

But why do you NEED +15 gear? The bonus on damage is not that high as that you wouldn't get more through manastones
    In PvP its clear, damage mitigation, for PvE I can imagine more HP?
    I saw Cinereas post about a premade, with minimum 20k HP - so that would explain for me why you would need to enchant the gear

When I read around the forum, most are saying that endgame content is easy anyway
    (only Narakkalli doesn't seems so easy? - not talking out of own experience, just from what I read), so it wouldn't be necessary
    but don't mind me, I always refused to do what people said that "you must have" - "le must" is ignored by me

I can imagine that people WANT something (to be the very best, like no one ever was), but that is something completely different

Regarding Noble APES - if I remember correctly, it was NC that told GF to take them out of the Veteran Rewards like 3 years ago? (I think they were master server only? but not sure)
    +15 gear gives white attack. Which is op when it comes to damage. So its kinda important imo. Museum is hard, so is nara anything higher than easy mode (mainly because it requires 12 people to coordinated instead of 6.
  • with just these basic :nothingtoseehere: plus 5 manastones wont even get mages a good amount of magic boost for narakali and for physcial the need a load of atk for museum cuz 40k dps is minimum to pass it 45k dps is recommended as far as i heared... both nara and museum are NEVER EVER on LFG so wtf guys.... there is a reason and that is cuz no one has to gear and stats to accually successfully do they unlike in the past where u just plus 10 ur weapon and could do any instance

Censored: mind your language, please.
    Vaire
  • aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/NPC:246493 = controlled Ovel has 2.8 m.supp.
    considering current m.boost cap is 2800 - you need 5.6k m.boost to reach cap, on current final boss of game, rest is on behalf of PvE attack and crit spell(over 1k is enough).
    You will perform ok with 5.3 boost which is very realistic, with just knowledge +6 and apollon +0 \ weapon +15.

Ravennes wrote:

both nara and museum are NEVER EVER on LFG
    have you tried teamwork and preparations? you know, making sure people know what to do, before jumpin in instance. Like old days of Makarna.
    I'm actually gonna upload video of GoK full run, just so you can see how "impossibru it is", so "piton apes are joke for people".
    - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
  • Piton took me 6 weeks of wasting all my cds every single time after nerf to even get people to listen, and only by me going with a group who already knew what to do made me succeed on grendal, and all the servers atm
    Have their cross server premade... and i dont feel motivated to become a parent that has to force people to listen constsntly who dont care
  • Kelberas wrote:

aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/NPC:246493 = controlled Ovel has 2.8 m.supp.
    considering current m.boost cap is 2800 - you need 5.6k m.boost to reach cap, on current final boss of game, rest is on behalf of PvE attack and crit spell(over 1k is enough).
    You will perform ok with 5.3 boost which is very realistic, with just knowledge +6 and apollon +0 \ weapon +15.

Ravennes wrote:

both nara and museum are NEVER EVER on LFG
    have you tried teamwork and preparations? you know, making sure people know what to do, before jumpin in instance. Like old days of Makarna.I'm actually gonna upload video of GoK full run, just so you can see how "impossibru it is", so "piton apes are joke for people".
    the current MB cap is 3.2k, so you need 6k MB
  • Ravennes wrote:

Have their cross server premade... and i dont feel motivated to become a parent that has to force people to listen constsntly who dont care
    Try to find yourself one. We have forum topic, cross-server for that.

Neko wrote:

the current MB cap is 3.2k, so you need 6k MB
    Good to know, thanks.
    - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
  • Aion0370.jpgHope chat log will give you clear explanation that as cleric you only need good mana management and Healing wave.(yes this is my alt with maze tunic+apollon pieces socketed with HP).
    If you want a proof - i can stream you GoK run on my cleric.
  • Kelberas wrote:

Hope chat log will give you clear explanation that as cleric you only need good mana management and Healing wave.(yes this is my alt with maze tunic+apollon pieces socketed with HP).
    If you want a proof - i can stream you GoK run on my cleric.
    Not hard to believe since I'm healing all the other esterra instances + lok with my alt cleric with kahrun set with white and green stones. People really exagerate on some of these instance difficulties
  • Despite whatever :nothingtoseehere: , it still doesn’t matter, the gear is supposed to be enchanted with apes.

And stay on topic. This is about Luna and the lack of apes, not about how much MB or HP you need to finish GoK.

Why ain’t I seeing any warnings here?!?

Language.
    -Vaire