Multiple accounts abuse not punished by Gameforge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Multiple accounts abuse not punished by Gameforge

In the wake of recent outrage it has come to my attention that several individuals in the thread about Luna changes have boasted about how they abused the said feature by using up to 10 accounts for their shenanigans and this has led me to look more closely into the subject.
      Allow me to elaborate.

According to Support staff, any given individual is only allowed to have up to 2 accounts at any time (due to there existing 11 classes in game and only 8 spaces for character creation on an account) and only allowed to have up to 2 game windows open at any given time.

According to paragraph 4.1 of Gameforge Terms of Use from 2014 (agbserver.gameforge.com/enGB-Terms-2014-Aion.html), any given individual is only allowed to own up to 1 account.

Individual users are discerned by their IP addresses and if a household (e.g. husband and wife, a group of relatives, a dormitory, etc...) wants to play from the same IP with their individual accounts (account sharing is forbidden by ToU paragraph 3.1.4), they should contact and inform the support on the matter so that their IP can be marked accordingly.

That said, please, for the sake of Nic's eternal 5'oclock shadow, enlighten me on the reason why Gameforge has stopped moderating such behavior and instead has decided to punish the whole population of players for the sins of the few with nerfs to the content that is only ever abusable by using more than 2 accounts per individual and is generally rather tame under normal circumstances.
      Display Spoiler

Exhibit a: [Discussion Thread] Luna after 13th Sept 2017
      [Discussion Thread] Luna after 13th Sept 2017
      Player boasts about using 10 accounts to abuse Luna apes gain for pages on end and no warnings from Gameforge staff were addressed towards this player.

More examples will be provided if needed.

I strongly believe that this Luna fiasco is the sole fault of account abusers and i strongly suggest that Gameforge directs their attention to this issue as soon as possible and makes adjustments to the content in a way that satisfies the needs of legitimate, terms-obeying players, which are the majority of the playerbase.
      But even if Luna spawned the biggest outrage, it is not the only thing that is actively abused using multiple accounts by dishonest individuals.
      Sanctum/Pandaemonium battlefield (a weekly instance with a harsh player limit per faction) have been abused by afkers since it was released and has been the source of rage for active players, who become unable to join it within the first 5 seconds of opening due to the few account abusers.
      Daily weekday siege is also widely abused by afking account abusers who enter the battle league on all of their characters in order to farm Spinel Medals faster than other players and it is by far the most rage-enducing thing about this patch so far, because the afking players can sit afk on their mains too while the rest of the people work their hardest to achieve the goals of the siege to even qualify for a siege reward.
      Here's some Spinel math:
      Display Spoiler
      If the two factions have agreed on a fortress capture scedule (so called trading) like on antriksha and do not actively fight one another for the same fort at a time, thus making the rewards variable, then we have the following:

Krotan, Miren, Kysis award 4 Spinels per successful capture, half a spinel (500 Shattered Spinels) for unsuccessful attack and are vulnerable 3 times a week.
      Anoha awards 7 spinels per successful capture, half a spinel for unsuccessful and becomes vulnerable 2 times a week.

Thus, we have the following scedule and rewards:

Monday: 2 abyss forts - 8 spinels
      Tuesday: capture of Anoha - 7 spinels
      Wednesday: 1 abyss fort and one participation - 4.5 spinels
      Thursday: participation in Anoha - 0.5 spinels
      Friday: 2 abyss forts - 8 spinels
      Saturday: ------
      Sunday: ------
      Monday: 1 abyss fort and one participation - 4.5 spinels
      Tuesday: capture of Anoha - 7 spinels
      Wednesday: 2 abyss forts - 8 spinels
      Thursday: participation in Anoha - 0.5 spinels
      Friday: 1 abyss fort and one participation - 4.5 spinels
      Saturday: ------
      Sunday: ------

Thus, a single account can get up to
      8 * 3 + 4.5 * 3 + 7 * 2 + 0.5 * 2 =
      = 24 + 13,5 + 14 +1 =
      = 52,5 Spinel medals per 2 weeks (or roughly 105 spinels in a month) from Siege alone.

So a player who participates with one active and one afk account gets twice that, and the more afks you add, the more spinels an individual can farm.

What does that mean for the game balance:

1 lv75 Abyss weapon costs 347 Spinel medals (14 weeks or 3.2 months of grinding)
      Full lv75 Abyss armor set costs 922 Spinel medals (36 weeks or 8.4 months of grinding)
      Full lv75 Abyss accessories set costs 972 Spinel medals (37 weeks or 8.6 months of grinding)
      Which sums up to 2241 Spinel medals (86 weeks or 20 months or grinding)

Pretty reasonable for top-tier pvp gear, i would say.
      On 2 accounts (one active, one afk) you can shorten that time by half, which is still 10 months of not missing a single siege, which still sounds reasonable.
      Events that drop Spinels and Abyss gear boxes shorten that time too, but we're not counting them here, because they are not part of the core content.
      Spinels are tradeable though, so by buying them from broker you can shorten the time even more than that, while selling them on broker can earn you alot of money (on average, they go for 1,5kk-2kk kinah per medal).

What's bothers the players though (other than the fact that afkers dont participate in siege goal capturing) is that if someone bypasses the built-in protection against 3+ windowing and goes there with 3+ accounts at once, they can not only gear up faster without engaging in trade or spending, but they can also sell their easy broker-earned kinah on the black market.

Sure, the spinel availability grows higher, but it's still abuse and disrespect towards the honest players.

I went on a tirade like this to make you understand that nerfing siege rewards wont stop the abuse and will handicap the legitimate players, while account abusers will remain status quo compared to the rest of the players.

The most obnoxious abuse however, happens during "x amount of event items per character per day" events like matryoshka and snowflake, where things start getting crazy for the obvious reasons.

Other than that, we need more clear-cut and updated rules about account usage, because usage of 2 accounts per player has been allowed by Gameforge staff and practiced by players for years, but not by the Terms of Use, which in the past 3 years seems to have grown a bit stale. That's a big contradiction between theory and practice right there.

Please discuss whether of not we should have an enforceable 2 account limit.
      That's what i do. I troll and i draw things.
      twinklemeow-antri.tumblr.com/tagged/aion

The post was edited 3 times, last by Twinklemeow ().

• Hello @Twinklemeow

Players are allowed to have and use more than one account at the same time, I believe the upper limit is 4 accounts logged in on the same IP before an automated system bans you. This does not mean that the limit of accounts that you can have is 4, you can have as many accounts as you need!

As Kelekelio already mentioned, you can do whatever you wish with the extra accounts, so long as you obey the game rules and do not abuse them in any way!

Edit: I would also like to add, that doing Luna afk with the extra account is not an abuse or bending of the rules and as such it is not punished, as you are not breaking any rules set upon those specific instances.
    • This multi account topic is older than Gameforge, I think we don't have to argue on that and Gameforge clearly stated that you can log as many accounts as u want, as long as you don't do stuff that's against the rules.

I am running 2-3 clients daily for Luna, crafting, other purposes, I don't see a reason why it should be punish...able.. xD
    • Click wrote:

This multi account topic is older than Gameforge, I think we don't have to argue on that and Gameforge clearly stated that you can log as many accounts as u want, as long as you don't do stuff that's against the rules.

I am running 2-3 clients daily for Luna, crafting, other purposes, I don't see a reason why it should be punish...able.. xD

Cause it gives GF more money, same is allowed even on WoW. But is it fair to other people, who don't abuse this ? No.
      You cry about GF, but you do the things that perfectly benefit them.
    • iduk wrote:

It doesnt ban after the 4 clients logged in, not even if they re from the same PC.
      I tried going on siege with 4 accounts at once yesterday, worked alright, I had RAM usage at 15.4GBs out of 16 though, but no lags. 2 forts, easy 32 spinels in 1 siege.
    • randomforumuser wrote:

Ashurrr wrote:

I tried going on siege with 4 accounts at once yesterday, worked alright, I had RAM usage at 15.4GBs out of 16 though, but no lags. 2 forts, easy 32 spinels in 1 siege.
      hello @Galeas since he already provided his name and server name would you mind looking into this abuse of the siege system?
      If im motivated i go on 6 or even 8 chars and play on main. So where is the problem, if you put effort into something and get rewarded, meanwile others coud do the same but are to lazy for it.
    • What about is not the GameForge busines how many accouts you can do luna because that is what Korea create? Where is allow to GameForge to change what the original create? Korea in making things to balance the Game and GameForge change it for they own interest making the game totally unbalanced.