Group Golden Crucible

• PvP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Group Golden Crucible

Should Gameforge change Golden Crucible to 3v3 format? 49
        No (25) 51%
        Yes (24) 49%
      Group Golden Crucible on russian servers changed to 3v3 format in last update to reduce waiting time.
      What do you think about it? Should Gameforge request same custom change?
      I guess first 30 players in ranking list will be against this change, but what about others?
      Could any mod add poll?
    • 3v3 would just kill the isntance honestly, sure it will have shorter queue but on the expence of actually having fun. Also many many ppl will be left behind as in 3v3 setups many ppl wont have any use.
    • and yet 6v6 is much more setup dependant than 3v3. For 3v3 1healer + 2any other class, almost every setup can be made. 6v6 requires atleast 3 support (including at least 2clerics or cleric+bard), then mixed damages to get through defensive sets fast enough (4 support is even better, because every single death is a big deal here). There's a reason why the golden arena queue is so long. And that's not only because of the time frame, but mostly because you need one of the few very specific defensive setups to be competitive in there, and a lot of premade don't bother with it because of that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aura ().

• I voted against. The 3v3 model is way less anticipated than 6v6, just because only coops base on it, it's also more gear and thus p2w-dependant.
      Imo they should reduce the amount of entries from 4 to 2 instead. As it is now, most of the groups apply on sunday evenings for some reason, my group also gave up on saturdays after 2nd week of 50min+ entry time. That means we have a 6h window every sunday to do 4 runs. That's about 2-2:30h inside, another 1:30-2h of entry times + obligatory breaks when someone has things to do IRL. If we make 1st application around 6-6:15pm, we end up done around 11-11:30pm, then we pray for double entry to runat before it closes or we just skip it because the following day is Monday and people have to sleep. There's no time to do any activities other than OW pvp quests.

I am aware, that less entries may lead to even longer entry times, but we'd be done by 9pm for exaple, instead of 11... gives us some time to prepare food, take a shower and such, without stressing.
    • [NICK]maslaneczka123 wrote:

Imo they should reduce the amount of entries from 4 to 2 instead. As it is now, most of the groups apply on sunday evenings for some reason, my group also gave up on saturdays after 2nd week of 50min+ entry time. That means we have a 6h window every sunday to do 4 runs. That's about 2-2:30h inside, another 1:30-2h of entry times + obligatory breaks when someone has things to do IRL. If we make 1st application around 6-6:15pm, we end up done around 11-11:30pm, then we pray for double entry to runat before it closes or we just skip it because the following day is Monday and people have to sleep. There's no time to do any activities other than OW pvp quests.

I am aware, that less entries may lead to even longer entry times, but we'd be done by 9pm for exaple, instead of 11... gives us some time to prepare food, take a shower and such, without stressing.
      Reduction the amount of entries from 4 to 2 will not help, and as you said make it will be even worse.
      Long waiting time caused by low popularity of Group Golden Crucible since current format and rewards do not correspond to spend time.
    • nop, currently gearing my cler on grendal, wanna reach certain amount of gear there not to feel naked. Unfortunately i wont have much time next weeks so i was pushing hard on the cler.
      Otherwise i'd up there but well RL sux :(
    • Voted no. 3v3 format seems more setup and xform reliant than 6v6. Plus 6v6 is kinda the go-to balanced pvp.

However something needs to be done regarding entry waiting/entry count; I'm sick of spending 6-7 hours doing 4 golds in the little time we have;
      Ruins my weekend. Only reason I'm still going is cuz I don't want to leave my premade hanging, otherwise I'd never even bother at the current state.

Does RU have 4 entries sat-sun also ?

I believe making it 2 runs per weekend would fix the issue. Locking the entry times to a certain period as well would help. Maybe even increase the lower ranking rewards so ppl without strong premades are motivated to go.
    • Noctis wrote:

Voted no. 3v3 format seems more setup and xform reliant than 6v6. Plus 6v6 is kinda the go-to balanced pvp.
      In my opinion 3v3 is more balanced than 6v6 in current update. Just simple example: any good group on 6v6 arena with sorc?

Noctis wrote:

Does RU have 4 entries sat-sun also ?
      yes, 4 entries sat-sun

Noctis wrote:

I believe making it 2 runs per weekend would fix the issue. Locking the entry times to a certain period as well would help. Maybe even increase the lower ranking rewards so ppl without strong premades are motivated to go.
      4 entries with waitnig time 10-20 mins or 2 entries with waitnig time 30-40 mins ?
    • Noctis wrote:

increase the lower ranking rewards so ppl without strong premades are motivated to go.

Thats the only sensible thing to do

Even in 1v1 gold cruc wait time can be like 15 minutes and that with people logging multiple alt accounts

Once I saw an entire gold cruci with 27 afk alts ....

Thats how things roll when you dont reward unergeareds