Pinned Introduction: Galeas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Introduction: Galeas

Hello there,

It was about time I introduced myself properly, so here we go. After replacing Andarys for his vacation, I will replace him for good and be your new CM. His time with you was short but I would like to thank him for his work and implication.

I have been working for Gameforge for a few years now (~4). Before that, I was a teamler for some time on an other MMORPG.

In my free time, I like playing MMO's of course. I started playing Aion back in 2012, with a few breaks here and there, short ones, long ones. I also played a lot of other titles in the same genre (pretty much tried any MMORPG released in EU in the last 7-8 years). I'm also a big fan of C-RPG's and action RPG's. When I'm tired of being in front of a screen, I'm reading whatever falls into my hands but mostly High Fantasy and Sci-Fi.

I am really glad to get to work with the EN community even though the start didn't take place in the best conditions unfortunately.

If you have questions about me, feel free to ask !(I might not answer everything though ;) )
    • Galeas wrote:

big fan of C-RPG's
      You tried Divinity: Original Sin 2 ?

Galeas wrote:

mostly High Fantasy
      Do you know where my nick is coming from then ?

And welcome. I wished to Andarys to do a better work then his predecessors and I wish the same for you. I would like to advice you again - I did it in the "Luna thread" - Dont be just a messenger, be active and communicate with us.
    • Ashandarey wrote:

Galeas wrote:

big fan of C-RPG's
      You tried Divinity: Original Sin 2 ?

Galeas wrote:

mostly High Fantasy
      Do you know where my nick is coming from then ?
      And welcome. I wished to Andarys to do a better work then his predecessors and I wish the same for you. I would like to advice you again - I did it in the "Luna thread" - Dont be just a messenger, be active and communicate with us.
      Didn't try it... yet. But definitely on my list. I have to finish a bunch of other games first.

To be honest I didn't know where your nick comes from. Made some research and seems like it's from "The Wheel of time". I actually read the books (except the last ones written by Sanderson after Jordan died) but not in the original version (yes you can throw things at me).

And thank you for your advice, I'll try as much as I can :)
    • Galeas wrote:

I actually read the books (except the last ones written by Sanderson after Jordan died) but not in the original version (yes you can throw things at me).
      You've missed a lot on those books, although the final is somewhat predictable and for me a bit disappointing. I actually prefer the way those were written than the 4-5-6 ones.

May i ask you about your gender? I'm not a sexist, just in my native language every word is gender-related so i kinda think in genders about everything. Would be odd to think about you as a guy if you're not and vice versa. Your nickname suggests you're male, but that doesn't mean much online.
    • Evita wrote:

whats that mount you got as your avatar? please tell me not another unicorn...
      It is just a white horse, nothing else :)

Click wrote:

One day a CM will come that only plays aion with passion like us.

Welcome nonetheless!
      Well, I am playing Aion with passion, but it is true that when I have time I'm also playing other games in parallel. In the end it depends, sometimes I'm only focused on Aion for a few months, then I get called by other stuff too and so on.

Sita wrote:

hello new boss :D
      is your horse edible?
      No it's not!

KenjiWen wrote:

You've missed a lot on those books, although the final is somewhat predictable and for me a bit disappointing. I actually prefer the way those were written than the 4-5-6 ones.
      May i ask you about your gender? I'm not a sexist, just in my native language every word is gender-related so i kinda think in genders about everything. Would be odd to think about you as a guy if you're not and vice versa. Your nickname suggests you're male, but that doesn't mean much online.

I'll try to read them one day. To be honest, I never really liked the Jordan's style, too many repetitions, kind of heavy, endless descriptions. So if it's better, it might be worth a try.

I am a male indeed :)
    • Galeas wrote:

I'll try to read them one day. To be honest, I never really liked the Jordan's style, too many repetitions, kind of heavy, endless descriptions. So if it's better, it might be worth a try.

I am a male indeed :)
      Too much braid-tugging and skirt-smoothing indeed. That's one of the reasons i like the final books more.
      Any favorite titles though?
    • My favorite book is probably "The name of the Wind", an absolute masterpiece IMO. A book I would advise to every single individual on this planet.

Well, I guess "The Lord of the Rings" holds a special place in my heart too. I read it when I was a kid an it was mind blowing. I still remember starting reading it during Christmas vacation and reading for like 8 hours straight every day until I finished it... good memories.

And then ofc classics: Royal Assassin, A Song of Ice and Fire, Sherlock Holmes books, Aasimov, Philip K. Dick., H.G.Wells... I'll stop there, I could go on for months :D
    • Sita wrote:

@KenjiWen @Galeas can you link me towards the full series? I am running out of reading stuff
      On Amazon . You can find it easily in blogs and sites available to read in browser. Some libraries offer it for free in pdf, f2b or epub formats to read on phone/tablet etc.

Galeas wrote:

My favorite book is probably "The name of the Wind", an absolute masterpiece IMO. A book I would advise to every single individual on this planet.

Well, I guess "The Lord of the Rings" holds a special place in my heart too. I read it when I was a kid an it was mind blowing. I still remember starting reading it during Christmas vacation and reading for like 8 hours straight every day until I finished it... good memories.

And then ofc classics: Royal Assassin, A Song of Ice and Fire, Sherlock Holmes books, Aasimov, Philip K. Dick., H.G.Wells... I'll stop there, I could go on for months :D
      I never managed to bring myself to like Tolkien this much. One of my personal favorites is Malazan Book of the Fallen , although many say it's hard to read and not too good. A matter of taste i guess.

Anyway. I still dislike the way how GF and you handle recent events, but don't take it personal. I wish they (GF) give you a chance to be better CM.