Client keeps crashing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Client keeps crashing

Since wednesday last week (sept 13) I'm having trouble starting up the game.
      After the Aion Launcher it will already crash when the big Aion png logo pops up. After alot of trying the game will start, but then theres a black screen and it crashes again. Then after a few tries it will finaly start up but then takes 10 minutes to load on that purple loading screen, to crash again. I just have to be lucky to play again if it finaly starts after I keep trying.
      Already did a file check in the Aion launcher, but didn't help.

Help.
    • DirectX 9 or above?
      .NET Framework 4 or above?
      Check your videodrivers.
      Sounds more like your hardware can't handle loading Aion.
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • Yep, my friend have the same problem, the game sometimes enter at first try, others like after 10 or more trys. I have not this problem, but i know its annoying. Whats piss me off is if the game crash it takes a lot of time to load that fckg bar, and its really bad if we are in siege and about to kill the boss.
      The game normally load really fast, but when crash its when that loading % bar apear. Can we remove that fckg bar from loading?
    • @Vaire it's the usual "application has stopped working" error, in this case "aion game client has stopped working" - windows error, not sendlog.
      Eventlog reports ntdll.dll as faulty module and aion.bin as faulty application.

ntdll.dll errors can be anything, I gave up on trying to fix it and just launch the client 20 times at once, one of them will go to loginscreen ^^
    • Click wrote:

@Vaire it's the usual "application has stopped working" error, in this case "aion game client has stopped working" - windows error, not sendlog.
      Eventlog reports ntdll.dll as faulty module and aion.bin as faulty application.

ntdll.dll errors can be anything, I gave up on trying to fix it and just launch the client 20 times at once, one of them will go to loginscreen ^^
      Exactly this. Suddenly it happend, i could always happily play.
      I can still play, after a struggle.

Sorry, didnt know others were having the same problems, didnt see a topic.
    • Click wrote:

@Kelberas it's more like Aion can't handle 2016/2017 beast hardware.
      Reason why in AION sieges are pain even for 2018 best hardware - is CryEngine.
      It just doesn't support amount of players and surroundings to actually run it properly.
      So in AION siege fps problem is only AION's as whole fault. It's 2007-8 engine it runs on.
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • For the past 2 days I'm having a lot of crashes too...
      here's the info if some1 knows whats going on,its getting on my nerves.

Crash Info : Shaders/Cache/CGVShaders/CGVProgAionMaterial_DefaultWPos$D3D9_Auto$Fog$NoCP$MRTD$PosCommon$TCM0$TCM2(a00).cgvp
      [(2972 :MultiThread) 2017/09/22 23:26:19]: =======================
      an Access Violation in module CryAnimation.dll at 0033:0000000047A71700.
      exception handler called in the AION Server.
      Mastering others is strenght,mastering yourself is true power. <3
    • Seriously.. what exactly is done to analyze and report this issue to NCSoft?

This has been a serious issue for a long time affecting tons of players,
      we are talking over many months.

Its several patches ago since this started to become a major issue, there has
      been several threads about it and no improvement whatsoever.

One thing is random client crashes everywhere (sieges, when exiting instances, at pitons etc etc),
      the other thing is the extremely long loading time after you experience a crash.
      For this part players themselves have found a workaround by doing a simple edit to a client file
      which of course is something GF won't allow, but this just shows how bad it is and people need to
      do whatever is necessary when nothing is done about the issue itself.

GF should have a person dedicated to this issue and gather up as much info as possible in one place/thread,
      control the input of information given by players in the forum, analyzing whatever is needed and report it to NC
      supplying whatever new details they get here.

GF should also see to that a workaround for the extremely long loading times after a crash
      is implemented ASAP so players themselves don't have to edit client files themselves in order to live with
      this ongoing lasting issue.
    • Hmm it actually stopped for a few days now, I thought it was because my laptop wasnt plugged in, it gives me weird lags while playing games if I don't power it. But this is not the problem, have not been able to play a game of Aion today unfortuntaly.

It is starting to piss me off a bit. I have a goldpack active, I'm not one of those people who keeps buying these, and if this keeps going there is no use on buying one because we can't even play...
      I only have a few days left on my gold pack. Come on.......

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kunimitsuu ().

• Hello and greets from Germany :D

Maybe I have a solution for this problem. Due to the fact that I had the same issue I tried a lot of thing. Nothing helped at all.
      My last idea was to force AION into win7 mode. So I added the following into registry.

Source Code

1. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
      2. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]
      3. "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Gameforge\\AION Free-to-Play\\bin64\\aion.bin"="WIN7RTM"
      4. "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Gameforge\\AION Free-to-Play\\bin32\\aion.bin"="WIN7RTM"
      After that change I had NO crash or send-log!

Try it out, maybe it help for you too.