Make (obvious) cooping in Glory/Chaos bannable.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make (obvious) cooping in Glory/Chaos bannable.

Should cooping in arena be bannable? 25
        Yes (25) 100%
        No (0) 0%
      Every arena you go in now, there's someone obviously cooping. Afaik the rules say it's bannable, yet NOBODY has been banned for this (I've been reporting for quite a while now), no matter how obvious they make it.
      Not only that, "intentionally ruining someone's gaming experience" is also bannable.
      :nothingtoseehere:

Censored by Vaire: Naming and shaming.
    • Hello,

so here's an update: this thread stays open and I've added a poll so that everyone can vote whether cooping in arena should be bannable or not.

Yet, keep in mind that naming and shaming is not allowed on this board - please, refrain from posting names, pictures or any references to players.

Best regards,
      Vaire
    • Just to quickly add something:

cooping in Arena of Chaos and Arena of Glory was bannable in previous patch(es), if you had video evidence sent to support.
      Surely they warned players for that, and according to some they got a 1-3 days ban on first offence.

The reason is simple: ruining other players' fun

This vote should not even exist, support should take actions and taking player reports serious.
    • Click wrote:

Just to quickly add something:

cooping in Arena of Chaos and Arena of Glory was bannable in previous patch(es), if you had video evidence sent to support.
      Surely they warned players for that, and according to some they got a 1-3 days ban on first offence.

The reason is simple: ruining other players' fun

This vote should not even exist, support should take actions and taking player reports serious.
      Exactly. Yet I provide countless pieces of evidence on our Dubai friends and other regular coopers, yet I still meet them every weekend. I urge everyone to do the same; let's spam support with screenshots until they finally wake up.
    • So, as per every week, I reported the same old players. However, instead of getting the usual generic copy-paste reply of "We'll investigate the issue, blabla", I got something different.

Now, as it is not allowed to post support replies on the forum, for whatever reason, I will summarise their answer;
      If you see players cooperating in Arenas, please try to capture a short video of the issue you are reporting and send us the link and tell us the exact date this happened.

To which I replied:
      I am not going to use my computer's resources by recording, limiting my available resources to run the Aion client as smooth as possible, which in itself is already optimised like a rotten potato, to do the job of your 'monitoring system'. I assumed you possess enough logging and monitoring tools to figure out what happened when I provide you with a timeframe that the issue occurred. If you base your judgement on user-provided video, how reliable does that make the Gameforge Support? Any player can easily manipulate video evidence and frame other players in this manner.

What I am getting from your response is that you're doing exactly nothing, which is what I was expecting to begin with.

A.k.a., they do nothing to stop people from teaming.
      If you can't beat them, join them; anyone wants to team in Glory and/or Chaos next week?
    • And I got another reply. Essence of it is: If you do not provide video evidence, we will do nothing with your report.
      I then smashed the 'Complain' button. Recording and monitoring other players is not the responsibility of the player, it is the responsibility of the support. Totally unacceptable.
    • It's been a while back in 4.x I reported a duo cooping in glory with video evidence in that case. They got ingame mail with a warning for first offense. Ofc that is years ago.
      What I'm trying to say is, reporting someone in this special situation with video proof is most likely the only way to win this "war".
      Of course they could check their logs, but I can't figure out what they should see there.
      With aiDPS meter you can make a damage comparison of who hit who and when and how often. Taking all the information out of the log and then comparing would take too much time for them already, that's why watching a 5 minutes video is more efficient than trying to dig through millions of logs to find something.
      That's the only reason I can think of why nothing ever happens if you report without video evidence.
      You might say, they are doing nothing. I say they have a fixed amount of time they are "allowed" to handle a ticket, else the ticket queue would explode and the next player comes complainin "I haven't get a reply for 2 days".
      TL;DR: the more effort and efficiency you put in a report, the faster and more efficient the support will work.
    • I'm pretty sure the 2 glads you had posted here were recorded and reported plenty of times teaming; thing is, nothing happened xd

It takes few 3 day bans for the word to spread and ppl would stop cooping, but gf doesnt have the melons to anger their whales.

I simply had to stop doing glories, since its 8/10 cooping; plates with chains in few, arranged teaming in few; its quite impossible to play 1v2/3 in aion. Reported some ppl few times, they still doing it, cant do more but give up.

Its a shame, nothing in this game is more adrenaline fueled as glories are [or chaoses before afk bots took over]. Glad I was able to play in those times :D