Golden Crucible 6v6

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Golden Crucible 6v6

Change Golden Crucible (6v6) IDs and entry times? 26

The result is only visible to the participants.

I'd like to share an Idea to make the best Group PvP instance "Golden Aren 6v6" a bit more accessable for everyone
      while also reduce the waiting time for an entry.
      Right now the only times you can apply for golden group arena is saturday after 8pm until midnight and sunday after 4pm until like 11pm,
      otherwise you will wait for at least 1 hour or don't get an arena going at all.

To do so i recommend to change the entries and opening times:
      Change the times you can enter the 6v6 Arena to Mo-Fr at 10pm-midnight and saturday/sunday at 8pm-midnight.
      Also to make this work give us 7 IDs every week. It would also give you the freedom to leave for a weekend without having to give up on those high rewards for the final score of a season since you could do 2x Arenas at one day (or even 3-4) and leave days you don't have to enter the arena without losing points.
      To separate it from the current 6v6 instance Runatorium-Ruins/R-Dred (which is kinda dumb with the Bombs you get for being on the losing side and the map-effects slowing ppl) i would change the opening times for this instance to 7pm-9pm on weekdays.
      This would result in most ppl doing 1 arena of gold 6v6 every day (arena takes up to 42 minutes which can be compared to 2x R-Dred) and give PvP-players more enjoyable content during the week.
      Since the arena gives you 600 HP for a win, more ppl would be eager to enter and try to win the arena which would result in actually more ppl being able to win it since more "casual" groups would apply.
      Waiting times would be reduced drastically since most ppl would apply after raid and more than just one arena at a time could be filled with groups.
      It also would free the weekend from being filled with too much content at once (2x solo gold, 4x group gold, pangaea/antriksha, sanctum raid, esterra/nosra invasion and more groups doing the pve stuff and more)
      Ofc the points needed for the season rewards would need to be changed accordingly.

Let me know what you think.
    • Future Will Come wrote:

Lumis wrote:

Since the arena gives you 600 HP for a win, more ppl would be eager to enter and try to win the arena which would result in actually more ppl being able to win it since more "casual" groups would apply.
      Arena gives you 600 HP for 4 wins in a row, but 0 HP for 1 win and even for 2 wins. So why "casual" groups would apply?

Because they still have a chance to get some wins in there, and those high-rank players wouldn't wanna pass on a dayly source for HP.
    • I'd reduce entries to 2 aswell but I'd rather have the chance to apply on saturday and sunday. It's weekend after all and it's pretty high chance someone is off either of those days if they go out. Limiting it only to one day would make competing impossible. On the other hand it's impossible already cause it takes up to 6h to do all 4 runs if you even get in at all.
    • Kegi wrote:

I'd reduce entries to 2 aswell but I'd rather have the chance to apply on saturday and sunday. It's weekend after all and it's pretty high chance someone is off either of those days if they go out. Limiting it only to one day would make competing impossible. On the other hand it's impossible already cause it takes up to 6h to do all 4 runs if you even get in at all.
      Personally, wouldnt mind whether it is 2 or 4 entries - It's the entry time that's butthole to work around (come on, 3+ hours of wait time after 6 in the evening??). So I would just like to suggest that the entry window gets narrowed down to a reasonable size. Perhaps something like having 6vs6 gold arena-entries up from 12 to 14 and again from 22-24. That way, as Kegi points out, people that have lives to attend to can do that while also having a reasonable chance to apply. Additionally, close Runa entry at 22 Saturday and Sunday (because hey, its gold time!). That way all us nerds should be well occupied by ideally going 2x runatorium at 20, siege at 21 (pangea and pande/sanctum battlefield), and then do the gold from 22 and onwards.

Also some GM feedback (or whoever takes notes of these things) on this particular topic would be nice, considering it's very relevant and actually cancerous to wait more than the length of Lord Of the Rings Directors Cut to get entry to an instance.
    • My initial intension was also to make the Golden Crucible more accessable and less time wasting.
      Maybe the increased ID are too much, maybe they might be good, the reasoning behind it was:

• IMO Runatorium Ruins is not a good pvp map for group pvp (random slows, area which slows, bombs, resurrections and i am telling you this even tho i'm a bard), yet sadly it's the best we had.... until 5.6!
      -> That's why i don't understand those who want even less IDs each week... On workdays I pretty much just login for Raid (not because i like it so much, but because its high rewards) and pvp... and since open pvp and neviwind are nearly dead/low rewarding i'd love to get more interesting stuff to do. (and no, pve content is not interesting for me)

• Waiting times for Golden Crucible on the weekend are just too much. Most of the times you have to wait at least 20-60 minutes and that is if you apply to it's prime time, otherwise you won't get an arena going at all. To address this problem i wanted to narrow it down just a bit on the weekend, but there's also a pvp prime time during the week when the raid is over. So i wanted to combine it so we have some decent PvP during the week.

• Opponents: In Runatorium Ruins it's still the old fashioned "Elyos vs Asmodean" which cuts half of all possible groups you could even face and since Runatorium Ruins has a hidden match making rating it's quite repetitive to face like only 4-5 different groups in 7 days (14 IDs). (Maybe that's just a "problem" for those at the top end of the mmr but it wouldn't hurt anyone else either)

[NICK]barbwirepr wrote:

Personally, wouldnt mind whether it is 2 or 4 entries - It's the entry time that's butthole to work around (come on, 3+ hours of wait time after 6 in the evening??). So I would just like to suggest that the entry window gets narrowed down to a reasonable size.

Overall this suggestion aims to give you good pvp even during the week (that's why i wanted more IDs) while also decreasing waitingtime. I don't want to have a dayly ID for it either, at least not if it's with the season rating, that's why i suggested weekly IDs so you can decide for your self when you want to go there but also giving you a time window where people are supposed to request entry -> 10pm OR on the weekend.
      It would allow to spread it over the week instead of having a long sunday afternoon/evening.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another approach to solve the waiting time problem would be inceased rewards and i'm not talking about winners or 2nd place rewards but for those who win just 1 or 2 fights before getting eliminated.
      A lot of people care for honour points and you only get them if you reach the finals for 1st or 2nd place (iirc)
      So to make the whole arena more attractive for more players i would recommend to increase the reward for top 8 (one win) and top 4 (2 wins) groups.
      something like this could work:

0 Wins 30HP (the same as what you get for losing Runatorium Ruins)
      1 Win 100HP (or 150)
      2 Wins 200HP (or 300)
      3 Wins 400HP (or 450)
      4 Wins 600HP
      (i prefere the underlined ones)

instead of- or in addition to HP rewards you could also add some of the desperately needed items like APES, LRS, eternal-grade manastones or serums (and they could even be Jakunerk since we need them on our main character anyways) but that would be a bit much to ask for knowing gameforge....

p.s. Allowing new servers to meet the old ones on the integrated server would also help.... and a lot of ppl playing there are already up to date in terms of equipment and level.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lumis ().

• Lumis wrote:

• IMO Runatorium Ruins is not a good pvp map for group pvp (random slows, area which slows, bombs, resurrections and i am telling you this even tho i'm a bard), yet sadly it's the best we had.... until 5.6!

-> That's why i don't understand those who want even less IDs each week... On workdays I pretty much just login for Raid (not because i like it so much, but because its high rewards) and pvp... and since open pvp and neviwind are nearly dead/low rewarding i'd love to get more interesting stuff to do. (and no, pve content is not interesting for me)
      bit odd to complain about the map when you do everything in your power to abuse it, like coming from spawn and staying upstairs against sm xD just saying
    • Vespir wrote:

Lumis wrote:

bit odd to complain about the map when you do everything in your power to abuse it, like coming from spawn and staying upstairs against sm xD just saying
      Well, most SM stay up there as well, not to mention clerics.
      I pretty much go with the flow, but that doesn't mean i like this concept.
      i really prefere the golden crucible map since you can shift fights so ppl standing on high ground are forced to enter the fight below.
    • @Galeas sorry for the tag but I would like to have your attention to this thread, I know it doesn't affect 100% of the player base but its still an issue and 6v6 golden is a good feature that is barely attended for few silly problems.

It has been discussed in more than this thread, but always ignored:

Golden Crucible 6v6 waiting time

[Suggestion Thread] Suggestions for future versions of the Daeva Care Initiative

Group Golden Crucible

Please forward the issue to the aion team, simply changing the entry times would help a lot. This is really frustrating:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mika ().

• I'm in favour of moving it off the weekend, or at least give us a chance to do them outside the weekend. I don't know about your servers, but for my servers it always was as if people treat the game like a 2nd job - and don't play during the weekend. Friday night, saturday and sunday, it's almost impossible to make a group for pvp if you miss one dps or support because everyone is out with their friends and family rather than playing. Back when we had jmr it was maybe possible to string together a group at around 1.30 in the morning when people were back if they weren't too drunk to play.

Personally, the group pvp aspect is what still keeps me in this game, so having the chance to do this more often would be great. But the entry window needs to be shortened down considerably, and there needs to be some sort of reward for the first rounds so not only the super strong premades feel tempted to apply. I would suggest a 2 hour window monday-wednesday-friday (+ weekend?) around 6-8 or 7-9. As Lumis suggested, maybe upping the hp reward would attract more players, but perhaps adding 20-50 supplements or something in there would be a nice ruse too :D
    • Mika wrote:

@Galeas sorry for the tag but I would like to have your attention to this thread, I know it doesn't affect 100% of the player base but its still an issue and 6v6 golden is a good feature that is barely attended for few silly problems.

It has been discussed in more than this thread, but always ignored:

Golden Crucible 6v6 waiting time

[Suggestion Thread] Suggestions for future versions of the Daeva Care Initiative

Group Golden Crucible

Please forward the issue to the aion team, simply changing the entry times would help a lot. This is really frustrating:

Hi there,

It's totally fine to tag me if you want to bring my attention on something ;) I'm here for that. It happens sometimes that I miss a question or a message.

Ok, I will read it carefully forward it.