Aion Going Downhill. New MMO/MMORPG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forget Eve online. Its crap just like Aion is. Gaming industry is not in stagnation I assume, It seems, that I ,as a common representative of intellectual minority, am not their TA. :P There are no games to play and enjoy left.
  • Rastekkel wrote:

MMO's are a dead genre anyways.
    Agreed. The so-called mmo's instead of being games for masses are just for specific nisches that publisher/developer pet and milk. It doesn't make difference which mmo you play , you won't find flexible enviroment,mechanics,policy and community that will suit different kinds of people and their preferred forms of gameplay. Roleplay is long dead, it comes down with bunch of skills, being lone sheep or packed wolves, and in specific game you just meet same identical publisher's ta. For example all experience I acquired in Eve is interacting with savages with blasters that are just busy shooting and flying, that are 99% of eve's population. I was confused cuz before I read glorified articles and reviews about in game economics and players interactions. In a few words it will looks like :"You are weak/noob!. Boom! *looting corpse You are not so weak. Brethren, come! Boom! *Looting corpse You are alone! Boom! *looting corpse and all aspects in game Mining!Boom!Flying!Boom!Afking!Boom!Spreadsheets!Boom!Zerging!Boom!Camping!Boom!" It is all same crap and you don't need to be a seer to know what gonna happen if you see next to you another eve player - savage with blaster. AIon as well, different sorts of people already ousted and leftovers are identical as each ones clones. Socializing with 1 devoted representative of eve or aion is same as soocializing with whole community overall. Most depressing it wasn't so few years ago but time changes :D So why make things complicated with naming RPG and implementing "some sort or role play elements", just make action game, there are lot of example COD, BF, SKILL ,WOT and others cheap timesunks etc. It's same crap, but at least less time consuming and hypocritical

The post was edited 4 times, last by Opranger: * ().

• Shechinah wrote:

Hardcore piracy
    It seems to be quite a vicious addictive snare bro
    Gold banana etc, the easiest way to attract mice is cheese
    Despite looking fancy, it is meant to burn our lives for their/holders/devs wealth. Stay aware
    There can be found ways to fetch wider audience with different amounts and time shedules without drastical advantages that are in hands of no-lifers (in game, tho) , but it is not necessary since easiest sort of people to milk are... yeah,yeah... junkies :thumbsup: Ezzy money

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opranger ().

• Opranger wrote:

Shechinah wrote:

Hardcore piracy
    It seems to be quite a vicious addictive snare broGold banana etc, the easiest way to attract mice is cheese
    Despite looking fancy, it is meant to burn our lives for their/holders/devs wealth. Stay aware
    There can be found ways to fetch wider audience with different amounts and time shedules without drastical advantages that are in hands of no-lifers (in game, tho) , but it is not necessary since easiest sort of people to milk are... yeah,yeah... junkies :thumbsup: Ezzy money
    Hardcore piracy! that's what it is, i-net maffia dealing in pixels :P

Actually I have not given Skull and Bones much of a thought, someone mentioned it on a Sea of Thieves stream so I watch it and I saw a lot of excitement on sea, bombing, firework, adrenaline pumping high I guess, pvp right, liked it.

Games like Skull and bones are best to play or not after a while when streamers and gamers has test it, pre- orders are mostly a risk, same for Sea of Thieves but for Sea of Thieves with a xbox game pass it is almost free to play together with a bunch of other games and there is also a 2week free trial.

Trough my journey in search of games it was interesting to see the evolution in games, it makes typical mmo's look kinda silly, kill x mobs,deliver quest, enhance gear, weapons to plus 15,20...ain't nobody got time for that lol xD
    That's why I uninstallled Aion like 4 times, every time I thought ok I worked hard on gear, I can have some fun now pvp,no. New patch incoming and I can start all over again. It's crazy.
    5th time I unistalled was because of Luna affair and I refuse to play a game when a company treats their customers disrespectful especially when it is not the first time, I do not care even if it was the best game of the Galaxy.

Another thing what is interesting to see is the "dark side" of the gaming world and also the positive developments like communities being much more critical and aware concerning lootboxes plus addictions, micro -transactions, governments concern about this, even in South Korea they are working on changing some things in gaming/work culture. I never liked gambling not irl not in games, good for me.

After Star wars community backlash this is the result and it is really good because a community can break or make a game, also according to Cyberpunks Devs it is possible to run a game without those heavy p.t.w stuff and they also think it is a good thing communities don't take bs no more because this will bring positive changes in the gaming industry.

Anyway I am kinda done with my journey through games, there is one mmo which I think could be the mmo of all mmo's with a very reliable ceo but closed beta is in a couple of months then I will know for sure. One other game that I must explore is Beyond good and Evil2 which reminds me to sign in for the Space Monkey program :p, the most amazing game so far imo but time will tell.... ^^
  • A lot of the popular mmorpg's haven't been included in that video.

For me it was Lineage games, more of Lineage 2. The game was a lot harder than Aion, and still is. Could take years for casuals to xp to end game level, could drop your own gear if you were red and died, every gear was very hard to get, either by drop or craft (mats were rare and crafts had 60% chance to succeed), and could poof your gear if enchanted more than +3 but people still tried, there were no instances in the game only open world, including the big bad bosses that needed to pvp for them and took many hours to kill them with hundreds of people. Castle sieges, clan wars, monthly heroes, daily pvp just for fun (there were no rewards) or grinding for xp, heavy rng, it was all very nice... until NCSoft made it kind of terrible, left it neglected, introduced instances, made the game more friendlier, and as a bonus, bots and p2w.

When Aion came out and I played, I was kind of disappointed about a few thing. It was too much of a wow impression, with factions, instances, easy to level up (1-2 months for level 55) and so on. I kinda liked the combat, it was more fluid than in L2 because of a new game engine, also because in L2 your game is constantly checking with the game server (so you couldn't hack your stats like in Aion), but I disliked combo skills (they didn't exist in L2). I think the best combat in a mmorpg is the one in BnS but it's not really worth only for the combat and a few more things. Aion still has lots of nice things but a lot of other not so nice things.
    I don't see myself playing another mmorpg after I'm done with this one day, they all lost something along the way.
  • I better stick to HOMM3 now. MMO's only purposes is long-term milking addicted people, and MMO's offer none in return. In terms of gameplay, roleplay(it's poor in here as well, in some way), mastery, goals and amusement this 19 years old game provide 10 times more than everything mentioned above. Also considering what kind of people you casually meet in MMO's nowdays, it is definetely for good to stay away 8)
  • Evita wrote:

Opranger wrote:

Also considering what kind of people you casually meet in MMO's nowdays, it is definetely for good to stay away 8)
    this..
    well...our habits and lifestyle affect our personality, values, body, interests, life, way of thinking. SInce MMO's changed in an unnatractive, I would say in "extensive" way, without any sort of progress on the field of gameplay, roleplay, metagaming, socializing, so their fans did so as well. I am not such kind of person 8)
    It has became mass product for masses adjusted for masses. Well, I call this guy to support me 8)
    Files
    • eistein.jpg

(51.55 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )

The post was edited 3 times, last by Opranger ().