Aion Going Downhill. New MMO/MMORPG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rastekkel wrote:

Shechinah wrote:

Hardcore piracy

Release date: Fall 2018 on Steam
    Looks good. Seems like they took the ship combat from assassins creed 4: black flag and made a dedicated game around it.
    Ja, they were inspired by Assassins creed's: black flag, the feedback was very positive and people were asking for Black Flag 2 and also multiplayer piracy so I guess that is how the idea was born.
  • failboat wrote:

Can't really judge people's taste. I don't know how people can play LoL or WoW, yet these are some of most popular games out there. My brother resisted one week in Aion, and he also told me this is a game for weebs.
    hahaha I like your brother :atongue: when I was going through the comments of evolution mmorpgs someone said same as you that WOW was heavily advertised by Blizzard well at least he didn't mention Revelation online xD

But there was one clip that caught my eye because the game looks similar to Aion so I did some research and it seems the game was also published by GameForge but was shut down due to lack of players.
    I never heard of this game before, I must be the biggest gamernoob around :S anyway I watch some streams lately of this game and I saw an outfit exactly the same one as in Aionshop: don't remember the name, I think trainings outfit: a full yellow one with black stripes at sides.

Dunno but to me Aion looks like a rip off of this game ,can someone enlighten me :huh: but anyway seems the game is on steam so I will download it to play for the weekend also curious but I am not going to level to lv 200 tho xD

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shechinah ().

• Cabal is one of the most P2W games in MMORPG history, it's all about gear doesn't matter if PvE or PvP(if you P2W you can 1vs30 players during siege). It used to be published by game-masters in EU, but they failed hard and ESTsoft decided to take it back and publish it themselves.

Also Cabal and Aion are two completely different games. The combat is completely different, siege is completely different and PVE works completely different too.

Wouldn't recommend playing Cabal in 2018. It was a good game but maybe back in 2011-2013. Though I still miss their sieges, it's amazing(not sure if still lol). One more huge plus was that skills had really cool animation/effect. Many people kept playing only cause of that.
  • I remember trying that game out when I was 14, and it was garbage back then as well.

The games people suggest in this thread.. yikes.

I don't think any game can replace Aion, besides another MMO with similar mechanics.
    The issue isn't even the game, it's the publisher.

The game is perfectly fine.
  • imo what killed aion was the imbalance from the beginning - who in his right mind would want to stay there and PAY for it
    the free transfers after first merge in 2010, no faction lock, nothing, too little too late
    and then when P2P didn't pay off, NC just got rid of EU to not need to translate anymore and therefore be faster with NA
    causing an unrest between the two comms

it did not help that the first PD (Volker if you remember) was way too little interested, back then the Aion team was still big, BV did an awesome job as Community Manager, but they only promised various things (Veteran Rewards, My Aion, transfers) where the only thing that got actually realized was Veteran Rewards.

Then came the PD switch to Nic, stuff looked better, but you already got the feeling that they didn't really care about the game anymore, then came the ugly lay offs (mcvuk.com/development/gameforg…le-lays-off-15th-of-staff) and boooom, you had the impression that there were maybe 5 people working on Aion....
    and then don't forget the events, and that's all I say about it
  • Potatopancakewarrior wrote:

Cabal is one of the most P2W games in MMORPG history, it's all about gear doesn't matter if PvE or PvP(if you P2W you can 1vs30 players during siege). It used to be published by game-masters in EU, but they failed hard and ESTsoft decided to take it back and publish it themselves.

Also Cabal and Aion are two completely different games. The combat is completely different, siege is completely different and PVE works completely different too.

Wouldn't recommend playing Cabal in 2018. It was a good game but maybe back in 2011-2013. Though I still miss their sieges, it's amazing(not sure if still lol). One more huge plus was that skills had really cool animation/effect. Many people kept playing only cause of that.
    yes it was published by different publishers, Gameforge published Cabal in Germany according to wiki also some nearby countries but the graphics, some maps looks pretty much as Aion, the bikemounts,linear,hp-mp bar, UI,skillbar,maplocation search,I don't know it looks very much alike imo, I saw on a Cabal stream it got tab targeting, combo system,yes someone posted 1 skill animations like 5 minutes, he seemed to be very happy with skill animation.

Someone told me on Cabal stream that since he quit the game last year he finally have alot more money for other things :'D so yes you are right about the heavy pay to win elements.
    The streamer told me there are 4 servers and they mostly full, don't remember EU or NA, so i expected this old game will have like 1 or 2 servers but the servers are also buggy,framedrops. I guess it is a game for whales...but not at start, I guess later on in game while reaching a certain level it becomes pay to win.

Well I've downloaded several games from steam and the fastest I uninstalled one was within 4 minutes, someone said in review section he don't understand why that shooter isnt more popular because it is a fun game so I was curious and download it and where new players spawn you get one shot by op shooters, yes well is it strange people don't like the game :rolleyes:

But still it is fun to download games and I guess like usual I will play Cabal one weekend or week and quit. It's the feeling of excitement and expectations before entering a game is fun like buying a mystery box from Ebay

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shechinah ().

• Cabal was a terrible game, even more, one like all those chinese super p2w games.

[NICK]n00b wrote:

The issue isn't even the game, it's the publisher.

The game is perfectly fine.
    Which we actually have a better publisher than NCSoft themselves, that says a lot.

The game is also far from fine, devs have no clue what to do anymore or even make proper rewards for pvp or pve and a lot more stuff that should change.

By the way, since 6.0 these petitions have appeared in Korea.

1. www1.president.go.kr/petitions/104894
    signed: 2021 people, 19/02/2018

Google translate: Reckless gameplay and billing inducement game

It's no wonder that every company that makes a Korean game creates company profits
    System introduction that can not be done without charge
    I have been loving the "Aion" game for 9 years and now the game has been turned into a mobile game (huge billing induction).
    We have come to the point where we can not play games unless we break down the balance between story and character in game and we do not charge.
    South Korea games can not do without cash now
    I have been playing games and hobbies for a long time.
    I would like you to investigate and play American games for your content, not for gambling.

2. www1.president.go.kr/petitions/104938

signed: 3579 people, 19/02/2018

Google translate:

It states that the in-game property rights belong to the game company, not the gamer,
    Despite the fact that game companies own the property rights,
    Mass production of billing contents (aka cash charge inducing contents)
    To induce consumers (gamers) to spend,
    By period (every 3 to 6 months), you can induce another charge through new update,
    The compensation is not done properly, and the consumer does not have the right to know (information disclosure) at all.

Games like NCsoft's Lineage, Lineage M, Aion, and Blade and Soul have already started billing content for a number of years
    It starts to mass-produce, and by updating the billing content by quarterly and periodically, which makes it impossible to use existing contents any more,
    We are inducing the bill again.

Dear President, The Ministers, the Deputy Heads,
    Korea's status as a 21st-century gaming powerhouse has been on the forefront of game companies such as NCsoft and Nexon
    Korean game has a stigma that cash rush (quality, cash charge) is essential.
    The glamorous Korean game culture is now coming to a point where it is not possible to maintain the cash transaction, the cash charge, or the like.
    I think games are another society.
    In reality and in another virtual world, people meet,
    As a place to improve empathy and share membership,
    In addition, it is a place of communication such as sharing life together with friends
    It is getting ruined by contents malicious induction of cash charge of two companies of the mammoth grade.
    Please enforce strict charge content regulation.
    It's been a long time since so many people have already brought money into their pocketbooks in their pockets.
    There is no proper regulation, and consumers (users) are just being treated with chrysanthemums in front of the tyranny of game companies.
    In addition, the game development team and the management team that have already raised several suspicions exchanged the cost information of the gamer with the other users
    There are enemies who have been abused a number of times, such as helping to gain more profits.
    Please enforce strict regulations.
  • @Opranger

I do agree HOMM3 is the best game of all time. I can't recall any other game bringing me so much enjoyment.
    As for the people you meet in MMO's, I disagree.
    In fact in MMO's is where you meet the best of people. Although I am currently inactive in Aion, I met a lot of nice people here.. and the community in general (ingame) is ok.
    Perhaps you need to check out the communities in moba's or shooters... those are so toxic that you begin to loose motivation to play extremely quick.

Thoughts on WoW: the MMO every other MMO wants to be, period.
    ...however the game is old, no point in starting a game out of nostalgia.

Thoughts on Bless: people said it will be the next Aion, however, I have doubts.
    We really know very little about the game and isn't it weird how the devs almost don't say anything about it?!
    The game will have a soft launch in May, which means people who buy it will automatically become "beta testers" on their expense.
  • Shechinah wrote:

yes it was published by different publishers, Gameforge published Cabal in Germany according to wiki also some nearby countries but the graphics, some maps looks pretty much as Aion, the bikemounts,linear,hp-mp bar, UI,skillbar,maplocation search,I don't know it looks very much alike imo, I saw on a Cabal stream it got tab targeting, combo system,yes someone posted 1 skill animations like 5 minutes, he seemed to be very happy with skill animation.
    A lot of games were like that, around 10-15 years ago. Even NC's Lineage 2, which was among top 5 mmo's at some point, looked better than anything else and had great content. I also remember around 2007 I played a game named Perfect World Online, it was a more similar to Aion than this Cabal. You had wings (quite a lot of beautiful wings in the cash shop, some of them better than in Aion), flying wasn't with flight time, there was a lot of pvp/pk, but it was p2w, around 9k usd for best ranked gear set, all best summoner pets were cash shop only and so on.

Doombolt wrote:

Thoughts on WoW: the MMO every other MMO wants to be, period.
    Games like Lineage/L2 never wanted to be like WoW. Because I was spoiled with such games, I thought WoW was garbage, for the first few times I kept trying the game (because of friends). WoW made every other mmo be more for lazy and impatient people, and people afraid of pvp so now everything is instanced.
  • This is what I had stated before, in the eve of 5.8. Talking about strict regulation...it barely has any sense, there is no legal basis developed yet, so this will come down to PEGI +18, enjoy or gtfo :thumbsup:
    So, there are no mmo's games that are advanced enough to satisfy audience with multicelled brain 8)
    Either whole industry turned to evolve in the dead-end branch way stimulated by hardware vendors more than own audience, either auidence is generally 2 stupid, or gd are blind, deaf, dumb, rather whole together :thumbup: There are lot of examples, and also this was stated by R.Bartle few years ago as well.
    This why most worthy, conscious and mature audience is dropped out already from online-gaming 8)
    Enjoy, kidz 8)
  • Doombolt wrote:

@Opranger

In fact in MMO's is where you meet the best of people. Although I am currently inactive in Aion, I met a lot of nice people here.. and the community in general (ingame) is ok.
    Perhaps you need to check out the communities in moba's or shooters... those are so toxic that you begin to loose motivation to play extremely quick...
    I don't need to know how they are, I won't touch them with six-feet pole 8)
    Also. Nomore. You can meet interesting people less and less in online games. I mentioned reasons before.
    Bless is crap. Overall its experience you can find out with reading my posts in here, I tried it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opranger ().

• failboat wrote:

A lot of games were like that, around 10-15 years ago. Even NC's Lineage 2, which was among top 5 mmo's at some point, looked better than anything else and had great content. I also remember around 2007 I played a game named Perfect World Online, it was a more similar to Aion than this Cabal. You had wings (quite a lot of beautiful wings in the cash shop, some of them better than in Aion), flying wasn't with flight time, there was a lot of pvp/pk, but it was p2w, around 9k usd for best ranked gear set, all best summoner pets were cash shop only and so on.
    Well, I start playing mmo's in 2009 and so I am not really familiar with lots mmorpgs, Cabal online is from 2005 and Aion 2009 so I thought Aion was a copy paste of Cabal Online, maybe because the guy showed them in his Evolution of mmorpgs, he left out several mmo's like many people commented and I saw a lot people indeed liked Lineage2 too or Perfect World Online but I haven't played WoW, Lineage or Perfect World, most I have not played or bother to look at, some people made funny comments about WoW like: .."And people still saying WoW was the first mmo" ...or "a juicy one: " a silly shiny grindfest for even online socially incapable tards running around with legendary lore gear" o.o

Cabal online isn't worth it but it is fun to download for a week since it is free to play anyways and my game isn't released yet but I don't know it seems pretty popular still or maybe all high levels are clustert in one map then it looks like a lot and the lower regions are empty well I gonna check :atongue:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shechinah ().

• Opranger wrote:

This is what I had stated before, in the eve of 5.8. Talking about strict regulation...it barely has any sense, there is no legal basis developed yet, so this will come down to PEGI +18, enjoy or gtfo
    So, there are no mmo's games that are advanced enough to satisfy audience with multicelled brain
    Either whole industry turned to evolve in the dead-end branch way stimulated by hardware vendors more than own audience, either auidence is generally 2 stupid, or gd are blind, deaf, dumb, rather whole together There are lot of examples, and also this was stated by R.Bartle few years ago as well.
    This why most worthy, conscious and mature audience is dropped out already from online-gaming
    Enjoy, kidz
    Omg that video is horrifying.... <X I need to go offline now and meditate for inner peace :awink:
  • Horrifying? It's cute 8)
    Horrifing is "Fear and loathing in Gensoukyuo"
    Also, it is mehr matter of perspective and camera effects, angle, 20fps shooting + 08-09 speed make even utter joke look awesome.
    This why I don't like 60 fps, but hoard roaring its cool, just like mmo's, idiots are so idiots 8)
  • I don't know, 3k might be the entire Aion player base in Korea right now :)
    Besides, we get the game from them. The fact that we don't like p2w doesn't really matter if the game is designed like that.

Shechinah wrote:

Well, I start playing mmo's in 2009 and so I am not really familiar with lots mmorpgs, Cabal online is from 2005 and Aion 2009 so I thought Aion was a copy paste of Cabal Online, maybe because the guy showed them in his Evolution of mmorpgs, he left out several mmo's like many people commented and I saw a lot people indeed liked Lineage2 too or Perfect World Online but I haven't played WoW, Lineage or Perfect World, most I have not played or bother to look at, some people made funny comments about WoW like: .."And people still saying WoW was the first mmo" ...or "a juicy one: " a silly shiny grindfest for even online socially incapable tards running around with legendary lore gear" o.o
    @Shechinah Lineage 2 still looks decent (link) for a game that hasn't changed it's engine since it was released in 2003. The combat isn't slow either (link) like in other games from that time. I'd have still tried from time to time if my characters weren't in NA, which now gives me a giant ping.

The post was edited 1 time, last by failboat ().