Aion Going Downhill. New MMO/MMORPG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've watch Lineage2 and for a13year old game it certainly looks good and crowdy and overall fun, even pets looks better than Aion's like the unicorn looks 100times better and a cute dragonpet I saw but then again even Cabal looks better than Aion imo well at least at entering game( but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder like they say), palmtrees, nice music, smooth gameplay and even a nice trainingsoutfit. I can not compare to WoW since I have never played WoW but then again from what Ive watch I dont think I would like WoW.^^
  • Bless taming is boring and senseless. You get mounts/pets to ride/run with over empty vast world populated with artificial idiots npc's, enhancing system...meh. Bless was ambitous project, but studio fizzled out and failed in creating world's sense and mechanics, fightinng and economics systems, and after this suffering project happened in the wrong hands, 1st 101xp, then aura gaming, japanese version won't end up better.
    This game require long time polishing and really got potential , it shoud to drop off commonplaced cannon's in order to be really something new. Sadly, it will never be implemented. Publishers are only interested in lucre, and don't care about anything else, they are just middlemen that take crap and sell this crap in order to receive profit, while desperated developer stucked in early 2000 and wow/l2 concept and got no money and no ideas to work on 8)
    Well...As example I will put 2015 Ubisoft's HOMM3 HD Erathia's Restoration (vanilled vanilla) for 15$ ... with some sprites and engine fixing.And complete fanmade complete HOMM3 HD with WOG, HOB, TSOD,AB for free. 1st one is completely empty, Ubicrap didn't bothered even to create scenario maps, while 2nd is full overfilled with content. Instead to work with fans that care and know this game and create prominent edition, they just hired most likely 1 cd and 1 gd to publish empty shell decorated as "HD edition". Miserable and disgusting...check steam's reviews. For 15$ 8)

The post was edited 4 times, last by Opranger ().

• Korean mmo's the grind OMG..repetitive,the rng, cash- shop,exclusive pets, etcetera,etcetera, rng quests, get 5 of an item from a mob that has like a 1 in a million droprate, enchanting is a rng mess, "fail stack" system that is intended to make enchanting less painful just makes rng worse.Cash shops are dominating.
    No matter which Korean mmo if it is Aion, Bless,Tera, Cabal, lineage etcera,etcetera,whatever you name it; ncsoft tends to copy itselfs.

If Korean mmo's is what people enjoying to play then that's what they enjoy to play but there's no denying that there has been an enorm decline of succesful Korean mmo's coming into the NA/EU market.Probably due to the incredible grind, repetitive gameplay.

Let's say animefans likes mostly these kind of games and there is no reason to play something you don't enjoy, there are zillions of mmo's on the market.

If you are not enjoying your time in on one terrible mmo go waste it somewhere else. But don't let ANYONE tell you what game to play, it will makes you feel miserable and want to kill yourself.

Anyway Cabal was fun for 4 hours, uninstalled and just finished installing Age of Conan, according to a streamer it has an adult storyline that takes you all around the world dealing with a lot of dark often taboo subjects, good graphics and gameplay, professional voice acting, quality combat. I will see.
    My game will be out around fall and it isn't a Korean game, till then I will just have fun with games from steam and a couple of console games which is also fun to play together with friends,relatives, looks like there are very nice console games this year.

Something funny :atongue:

• Shechinah wrote:

Korean mmo's the grind OMG..repetitive,the rng, cash- shop,exclusive pets, etcetera,etcetera, rng quests, get 5 of an item from a mob that has like a 1 in a million droprate, enchanting is a rng mess, "fail stack" system that is intended to make enchanting less painful just makes rng worse.Cash shops are dominating.
    No matter which Korean mmo if it is Aion, Bless,Tera, Cabal, lineage etcera,etcetera,whatever you name it; ncsoft tends to copy itselfs....etc

Also, it seems that we also talk in different language, you basically don't realize what you are looking for. So I would recommend you to check theory why people play games and some R.Bartle articles about same topic. It definetely won't harm you.
    Also, enjoy as well, something funny

Censored due to insults/behaviour
  • But it's not Ubisoft who made that game, they are just resellers.

Actually Lineage wasn't the same. It had no quests like Aion is and others, or nothing meaningful except class change. It was a game where it was pure grind and free to do whatever you want, and quests to obtain something wasn't kill 5 of these, it was kill 8k-15k of these and so on.
  • failboat wrote:

But it's not Ubisoft who made that game, they are just resellers.
    DId I say they made that game? They "polished" basic version with effort 2 monkeys for 1 month working time or less and attempt to scam 15$ for good for nothing waste.
    You definetely revealed Lineage's strong side. 8)
  • But you require to already have the old game, which means you have to buy it, in order to upgrade with one of the new fan made patches like wog and era. The original series are still nice, even without these nice upgrades. if it's 15 bucks for whole series it's not bad, if it's just for one it's bad. They also can't alter content, so don't expect patches from them. It's the same with transport tycoon deluxe and other games, the fans made lots of improvements to the original game.
  • I'm watching a Bless online stream right now.

I have to say, this is truly one of the highest disappointments yet.

It's worse than blade and soul lmao they even copied BnS with guild wars and mashed them together in a generic asian mmo.

The fabled Aion killer...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rym ().

• Can't really say that BnS is a bad game to begin with. It has yet the best combat I've seen in a mmo (although not all classes), you have plenty of things to do, quite overwhelming actually, gear doesn't matter in pvp arenas, pvp arenas are rewarding, people can't join pve instances if they don't have the requirement gear, crafting is useful, solo instances are cool, it has that solo 100 floors tower with npcs that you fight like players and they play better than best pvp players. PvP is more balanced, there are also tournaments with prizes. Game engine is better and so on.

But obviously there are a lot of bad things as well, including management of the EU servers which NC doesn't care about, it is a lot more p2w than Aion, prestige players are some sort of p2w as well (NCWest has prestige subscription in all their games), and all the usual that comes with NC games. So I keep reading it got better since I left but I don't feel like going back.

The single fact that BnS is earning 3 times more than Aion it says a lot about the state of Aion. Even that ancient Lineage and Lineage 2 are doing better than Aion. Also Aion 6.0 wasn't such a success like people wanted to believe and they are down to another merge soon.

Bless will be something there for a while and it will collapse a lot faster than other games.
  • Unfortunately you can not fight p2w with p2w, as NC tried to do by implementing the transformation system.

If anything, the transformations should have been given out from the lowest level at character level 1 working up to level 80 where players could farm through either PvP or PvE their transformations up to Legendary level.

As the players move further into the patches acquiring those transformations would become much easier with each additional patch, ensuring that new players are quick to catch up.

The Ultimate level transformations should have been rewards for great feats of strength such as first in your class in PvP events and server firsts in PvE events following the release of new instances.

Other ways to acquire would include finishing seasons being ranked at rank 1 in golden arenas, highest ranked of your class in discipline arena (being highest ranked in your class placement instead of overall rank 1 is the best possible choice conceivable, as not all classes are made equal).

Players should not be allowed to acquire transformations through the use of real life cash in any way possible.

Alas, such a system will not exist.