Mods not subjected to Terms and Conditions

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Mods not subjected to Terms and Conditions

      In another thread Cyan shamefully responded to one player that basically it is his own fault if he entered and instance and god dc while in it.

      As expected not only me but a few others got really offended and asked for him to get fired.
      They started censoring and deleting every single post that was in somehow denigrating Das General Cyan.
      And in my final post in that thread I asked for the specific paragraph where it specifies that we are not allowed to report his post.
      By now u already realized my post got deleted:)
      Again I ask for the specific paragraph in the Terms and Conditions where it says that we can't report a mod post.

      And second are we living in a dictatorship?, do you think is right for us to be treated like this?
    • Hello,

      The very 1st thing you can read in the Community Guidelines is how to report a forum moderator.


      The hierarchy of our Forum is the following:
      • Community Manager
      • Board Administrator
      • (Super Moderator)
      • Moderator
      • Trial Moderator


      If you need to complain about a behavior/decision of any of the Staff Members, please contact the level above them.

      Cardinal Richelieu wrote:

      If you give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest of men, I will find something in them which will hang him.
    • Since this blew up quite a bit yesterday, I'd like to elaborate my point of view.
      First of all, I want to admit that my choice of words and the timing of my post were bad regarding the fact that the servers had issues for several hours and many of you weren't exactly delighted by this.
      However, board teamlers are not only allowed to voice their personal opinion and engage in discussions with other users, we are even encouraged to do so. In last night's post, I merely expressed my personal opinion on @Stallari's post, which many of you disagree with.

      Sita poked me later last night and we agreed that my choice of words and the timing was very unfortunate regarding yesterday's server issues.

      ~Cyan
    • Cyan wrote:

      Since this blew up quite a bit yesterday, I'd like to elaborate my point of view.
      First of all, I want to admit that my choice of words and the timing of my post were bad regarding the fact that the servers had issues for several hours and many of you weren't exactly delighted by this.
      However, board teamlers are not only allowed to voice their personal opinion and engage in discussions with other users, we are even encouraged to do so. In last night's post, I merely expressed my personal opinion on @Stallari's post, which many of you disagree with.

      Sita poked me later last night and we agreed that my choice of words and the timing was very unfortunate regarding yesterday's server issues.

      ~Cyan
      The common sense suggests that you should use the words "I am sorry"

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ashandarey ().

    • Ashandarey wrote:

      Cyan wrote:

      Since this blew up quite a bit yesterday, I'd like to elaborate my point of view.
      First of all, I want to admit that my choice of words and the timing of my post were bad regarding the fact that the servers had issues for several hours and many of you weren't exactly delighted by this.
      However, board teamlers are not only allowed to voice their personal opinion and engage in discussions with other users, we are even encouraged to do so. In last night's post, I merely expressed my personal opinion on @Stallari's post, which many of you disagree with.

      Sita poked me later last night and we agreed that my choice of words and the timing was very unfortunate regarding yesterday's server issues.

      ~Cyan
      The common sense suggests that you should you the words "I am sorry"
      I disagree. He is not a representative of Gameforge and he can express his opinion if he wants to. He shouldn't have to apologise for his own beliefs. In my books Cyan has done nothing wrong to me. He voiced his opinion, regardless of the perhaps poor choice of words. I disagreed with his opinion and told him that. That's it. I didn't see the need for any of the outrage some people expressed. If anything, I feel I am the one to apologise if I showed any hostility towards @Cyan. It was not my intention to put him on the spot in this manner.

      Just a little edited PS: The requests for Cyan getting 'fired' were completely unnecessary. Besides the fact he is not even employed by Gameforge, people make mistakes; it's in human nature. Put yourself in that position and imagine you being fired for the first mistake you make. People make mistakes; it's how you deal with what you've done what matters.

      If you want to display your anger, don't do it at the volunteers that contribute (mostly) positively to this board, direct it to Gameforge, who is to blame for all of this, in my opinion, anyway.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Stallari ().

    • Well in my book, someone who is super board moderator and accuse the community for not having a common sense and then admitting his mistake should apologies. Which he did, but avoiding the exact words
    • Amazeballs wrote:

      Did Cyan just blatantly and unashamed said that it's the players fault entering an instance and getting dc while in it?!?

      Are you on drugs?!?
      Wtf is wrong with this company?

      Amazeballs wrote:

      He should be ashamed, this was the last drop, ur getting ddosd simply cause you facked it up, and instead of being nice to your clients, you blamed it on them?!?

      Amazeballs wrote:

      I second that, he should be fired. Simple as that. This was the last drop.

      Amazeballs wrote:

      COMMON SENSE?!?, common sense is your company reverting back Luna after huge protests, complaints, outcrys and loss of base players.Common sense, is responding in a proper way to your clients, hence the ddos attacks are no news to you and your company you should have been prepared.
      Common sense is to have some dignity, which you clearly do NOT have.

      Amazeballs wrote:

      Senpai wrote:

      If you have a problem with the actions or statement of a moderator, contact a higher ranked member of the team. Openly disrespecting a moderator and calling for him/her to be fired is off-topic regarding the thread, and does not belong on the board.
      For comments that look like: "They have to earn my respect", there is a difference between being neutral to someone you think should earn your respect first and being disrespectful yourself.
      On the se second "paragraph" you basically said that you will censor the posts asking for him to be fired cause they are off topic, which translates to "I will censor everything that pisses me off".Amirait?

      you say all that disrespectful stuff /// and try to go around word filter by using a instead of u which is against the rules /// and dare to say this is a dictatorship? if you said all that in a dictatorship you'd be 6 feet under (or atleast permanently banned from the forums)

      that cyan gave his personal opinion and said entering an instance while the servers are being extremely laggy right after they were down isn't the best thing to do, and you jumped on it like a pack of wolves

      mods and cm say nothing = omg lack of communication
      mods and cm give opinion = omg fire them

      if anyone should be ashamed it's you people, trying to purposely blow things out of proportion just to get someone in problem. shame on you, really. I know some of you would have a field day if all mods are gone but sadly 4 u this aint gonna happen

      that cyan replied that to stallari and stallari has the COMMON SENSE to realise cyan wasnt trying to be rude or hateful and doesn't jump on cyan... in current day society it always seem to be the unknowning bystanders who get outraged by everything just to have some sense of fulfillment in their lives
      Divine
    • Judai wrote:

      [NICK]heeyitsme wrote:

      You guys are like those white as nyerk fat american women who get offended when a guy makes a racist joke, while all the black guys are laughing with him.
      +1 xd

      All he said is it's your fault if you enter instance knowing game could crash any second, which is true.
      But than again, the game could crash even after a whole day of normality. Cyan's words would have been perfectly in place if there was any actual official statement regarding those crashes. Currently we don't need common sense, we need to be fortunetellers.
      Living is easy.. with eyes closed.
    • I agree the calls for him/her to get fired got a bit out of hand and I am sorry for that, but the moment when this happened was critical, and as a mod you should have self control and know when to input your personal opinion.
      On another note this is not Wall Street or a casino in Las Vegas where we have to be cautious and calculate our every move, if you use a gold pack, you are a paying customer no matter how you purchased it and they should have the situation under control especially because it happened several times already, a ddos attack can last a from a few seconds to hours, we have no way to predict that, and servers seemed to get on track again so people continued to play the game as they should.
      That does not mean they should second guess their every move.

      To Sebivine, dude every single post you create,every quote you make has only a few things in your agenda, derailing threads and being obnoxious just for the sakes, I don't care about anything you have to say about me, you and your whole persona is irrelevant to me.

      On the topic:
      What actually really got me going was the fact that I got a reply saying we can't actually complain about the atitudes of a mod,unless you trough a whole process and complain to someone that of course will have his/her back.
      (Let me be clear that I don't want nor expect actions taking place against Cyan).
      As I said I do not want you to tell me HOW to complain about a mod, I want the paragraph in the Terms that specifies that we are not allowed to report a mod's post. As you kindly put it.
    • Amazeballs wrote:

      To Sebivine, dude every single post you create,every quote you make has only a few things in your agenda, derailing threads and being obnoxious just for the sakes, I don't care about anything you have to say about me, you and your whole persona is irrelevant to me.
      Sadly he's a pro-GF troll so he will never be warned or banned ever. They just don't do that.
      But I might be banned again for this very post.
      Achievement: Get renamed on forums
    • @Amazeballs your actions and phrasing put it out like you're not happy with shooting yourself in leg, and then again, complainin about pain, when someone told you, that it's not a good idea to shoot yourself in a leg.
      If you worked in customer service before(hell i did, and this was abnoxious), it's crystal clear that anyone who is connected "party" whom's actions your dislike, you will flame till they die.
      It's kinda same situation i had, when customer tried to complain to cassier, about wrong price-tag, or about that someone is missing on their workplace, while they take a break or some other nyerk, while it's clear that you should've contacted higher-up for info and wait.
      In every single case scenario - you should've just waited. And if someone who is connected to GF even by working for them on forums told you that you shoud've waited - You actually should've waited and not nyerk yourself, and complain about it.
      You just haven't been in this situation yourself.
      About Cyan, yeah he kinda went straight to the point, but i think it's best option.
      Nothing hurts more than ignorance or "we have no medkits, while you're bleeding, please standby". :slove:
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • Kelberas wrote:

      @Amazeballs your actions and phrasing put it out like you're not happy with shooting yourself in leg, and then again, complainin about pain, when someone told you, that it's not a good idea to shoot yourself in a leg.
      If you worked in customer service before(hell i did, and this was abnoxious), it's crystal clear that anyone who is connected "party" whom's actions your dislike, you will flame till they die.
      It's kinda same situation i had, when customer tried to complain to cassier, about wrong price-tag, or about that someone is missing on their workplace, while they take a break or some other nyerk, while it's clear that you should've contacted higher-up for info and wait.
      In every single case scenario - you should've just waited. And if someone who is connected to GF even by working for them on forums told you that you shoud've waited - You actually should've waited and not nyerk yourself, and complain about it.
      You just haven't been in this situation yourself.
      About Cyan, yeah he kinda went straight to the point, but i think it's best option.
      Nothing hurts more than ignorance or "we have no medkits, while you're bleeding, please standby". :slove:
      he should have waited for what exactly? the ddos attacks to be over? and how he would know that, if there is nothing posted officially? if the server is playable for 30 mins and than someone repeats the attack, how are you to guess it will happen? if you follow your logic, than we should still be waiting , because there is no telling will servers crash again or not. more over, recebnt CM post states "they work on a protection" meaning they can't guarantee it won't happen.

      so he should have waited for what again?
      Living is easy.. with eyes closed.
    • Kelberas wrote:

      @Amazeballs your actions and phrasing put it out like you're not happy with shooting yourself in leg, and then again, complainin about pain, when someone told you, that it's not a good idea to shoot yourself in a leg.
      If you worked in customer service before(hell i did, and this was abnoxious), it's crystal clear that anyone who is connected "party" whom's actions your dislike, you will flame till they die.
      It's kinda same situation i had, when customer tried to complain to cassier, about wrong price-tag, or about that someone is missing on their workplace, while they take a break or some other nyerk, while it's clear that you should've contacted higher-up for info and wait.
      In every single case scenario - you should've just waited. And if someone who is connected to GF even by working for them on forums told you that you shoud've waited - You actually should've waited and not nyerk yourself, and complain about it.
      You just haven't been in this situation yourself.
      About Cyan, yeah he kinda went straight to the point, but i think it's best option.
      Nothing hurts more than ignorance or "we have no medkits, while you're bleeding, please standby". :slove:
      I don't even know where to start, you compare server stability with medical care, wtf lel.
      But after I read everything if you truly think this way, than they should have had made an official post or thread asking everyone NOT to enter instances. Problem fixed.
      FYI they didn't.
      Oh and please get your facts straight, it wasn't me who lost his entry's and got the reply from Cyan,it was another player.