Why Aion Coin prices differ from country to country?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why Aion Coin prices differ from country to country?

Little question to gameforge. Why the heck aion coins prices differ so much from country to country? I live in Ireland and here aion coins cost 2700 (+120 if using paypal) for 100 euros, yet my friend from Romania can buy 3840 (+120 free for using paypal) for 120 euros. (With current 20% bonus)

If you do some middle school maths you get that in Ireland coins cost 27 coins for 1 euro, yet in Romania they cost 32 coins for 1 euro (Not counting free ones for using paypal). So what heck is this? I though we were all equal on EU, but it turns out that we are not.
    • And why we in Slovenia got same price of aion coin like Germany or France but we are close Romania GDP. It is not close to be equall.
      And it is not calculated on GDP or salaries. They have their own calculator which is not equall for all.

Germany GDP in 2016 = 48,110
      Slovenia GDP in 2016 = 33,579
      Romania GDP in 2016 = 22,347
      Ireland GDP in 2016 = 69,230

I took numbers from 2016 when slovenia had 3%+ economic growth, while 2,3,4 and even more years behind when we had recession ( - econimc growth), it is not even worth to mention cause we bearly lived throught months. GL buying aion coins with 800 eu salary per month in average and living alone or with family and kids. GL game forge with that.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MrSlacks ().

• Aion Coins are way too expensive anyway, regardless of your salary. Sure some people can afford it but that doesn't mean you get value for your money, whatsoever. Besides the fact I disagree in every way with Gameforges approach and therefore refuse to give them anything, this is the main reason why I don't buy any.
    • Dont get me worng i didnt say i live poor as hell, but with this salary is impossible for me and 80%+ of Slovenian aion players buy aion coins. For 50 eu i eat solo 1 week or more, depends on food.
      And that i get for 50 eu 10 apes or something , which do me part 10+ or even this not, then it is impossible to donate in countries similar to mine.

So i agree with fact that aion coins are in general to expensive with compare what you get for them.

Game forge shoud find balance which Will ok and Will not spoil players to much or gave them to less. They have statistical data from 2009 if i remember corectly when aion came into EU. So this shoud not be hard task to do.

PS: i understand they prioritizing markets like Germany, UK, France. There many ppl live and in general ppl have more money left for luxus from salaries. But this shoud not be reason to stomp down 20, 30 small poor countries.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MrSlacks ().

• Click wrote:

If you live close to the border to Poland you can jump over there in an Internet cafe / free wifi hotspot (usually there's one xD) and enjoy 2x more aion coins compared to Germany. I know it's a bit tryhard but an option.
      Well people that live close to borders are most likely used to doing those kind of deals
    • aion coins should be as expensive as they are otherwise we go into full mode dead server right away. period! dont know what world u are living in rly..
      What i dont agree with is the RNG boxes on the shop. but thats another story which has nothing to do with the actual price of the aion coins.
    • I was wondering actually was the amount of aion coins related to the cost varied on regions. I thought the price different was related to the tax changes that happened a couple of years ago. But was wondering if it was cheaper to xfer cash to a trusted player who then bought aion coins with it using their account and then gave the coins back to you.

We need an Aion coin exchange in game! already! Alot of other MMOs have this system.
    • t0re wrote:

aion coins should be as expensive as they are otherwise we go into full mode dead server right away. period! dont know what world u are living in rly..
      What i dont agree with is the RNG boxes on the shop. but thats another story which has nothing to do with the actual price of the aion coins.
      RNG boxes need to be exterminated.