PVE/PVP Build, Gear and more questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PVE/PVP Build, Gear and more questions

Hey peeps. I just came back from a hiatus and actually switched the servers. Im looking for some advices about gunslinger and everything around it.

I might actually add more over time. I really hope the gunner forum is still alive so, hope you can help a lost soul out!

1. Which PVP and PVE stigmas should I focus on. I browsed through all the older comments here and I am cerain I got the basic idea of most of them. I would still be glad if you could list about which stigma is still helpful and most needed.

2. Which PVE sets should I aim for? Atm, me and friends are farming LOK Holy maze gear, which I slowly try to upgrade to get rid of the lv55 gear. Anything I should keep in mind? or anything I should save like goldwing tokens etc?

3. Armfusing the cannon: What weapons should I fuse with? PVE witha PVP cannon?

4. What about godstones? What are your favorites?

5. Whats a good way to raise the dps of a gunner in PVE content? Any tips/ideas?

6. What for accuracy caps do I need for PVE and PVP?

7. How should I skill my CPoints? My bet would be Knowledge and Accuracy, but what about (+high) deava skills etc?

I really hope you can help me out, thanks a bunch for reading and see ya around ~

The post was edited 1 time, last by Delete ().

• 2. Ancient Fallusha > holy Apollon > holy maze. In the next patch you can upgrade +15 Holy apollon set to an enhanced version of ancient fallusha as well. So if I were you, I would not get holy maze on a main character.

3. PVP+PVP or PVE+PVE, since the best pve weapons give PVE attack on conditioning effect and it stacks. The best for PVE is 2x PvE weapons merged. As for PVP I would imagine 2x 75's combined would be best due to giving the most PVP attack. But I'm not sure if the added bonusses from Ancient fallusha + roaring antriksha is better overall damage.

4. Damage godstones for PVE. For PVP it depends on 1V1 (blind vs physical, silence vs healers/casters) or group v group (probably silence then)

5. Increase gear, level & maximizing rotation proficiency by comparing with other gunners.

6. With endgame gear, food and candy, I think you have enough magical accuracy for PVE and PVP (except against people with MR), I would focus on getting knowledge socketed and some magic boost composites.

1 & 7 I can't help you with as I don't main a gunner.
      NEW FORUM HERE: forum.aion.gameforge.com/
    • Senpai wrote:

2. Ancient Fallusha > holy Apollon > holy maze. In the next patch you can upgrade +15 Holy apollon set to an enhanced version of ancient fallusha as well. So if I were you, I would not get holy maze on a main character.

3. PVP+PVP or PVE+PVE, since the best pve weapons give PVE attack on conditioning effect and it stacks. The best for PVE is 2x PvE weapons merged. As for PVP I would imagine 2x 75's combined would be best due to giving the most PVP attack. But I'm not sure if the added bonusses from Ancient fallusha + roaring antriksha is better overall damage.

4. Damage godstones for PVE. For PVP it depends on 1V1 (blind vs physical, silence vs healers/casters) or group v group (probably silence then)

5. Increase gear, level & maximizing rotation proficiency by comparing with other gunners.

6. With endgame gear, food and candy, I think you have enough accuracy for PVE and PVP (except block classes), I would focus on getting knowledge socketed and some magic boost composites.

1 & 7 I can't help you with as I don't main a gunner.

Thanks a bunch for the answers, really appreciated.
      There is one more thing I wanna ask, it kinda bothers me and kinda destroyed the fun of the class this night.

I was in Kroban for the first time, thanks to some really helpful people in the legion managed to kill it, someone posted the parse and well thats where the problem begins. Kinda dissappointed that a dps cleric outdamaged me (I started together with this person, so we are same gear wise)

I dont know if the problem lies in my skill rotation, stigmas or just my gear (&stats, though how can a cleric still do more when we have almost same progress)
      My question is, whats gunners usual magic boost, how much should be minimum. Atm Im using holy maze stuff, with all magic boost 25+ manastones and yet all I reach is 3800/3900.
      I maxed out Knowledge through CP, I got myself a gold feather +5.. I dont understand where my mistake is, I really feel disappointed atm
    • Keiji wrote:

Kinda dissappointed that a dps cleric outdamaged me
      Clerics overall have better dps due amount of dots they have, not to mention their burst.

You should try using more often cannon gatherers in pve, and put less attention to pistols. You basically shoot out everything you have in cannon, swiitch to pistols and use skills until cannon resets.
      I advise you to watch some pve gameplay by Squall, antri's famous gunner.

Keiji wrote:

all I reach is 3800/3900.
      current m.boost cap is 3k.
      aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/NPC:243684 - has 1.232 m.supp = you need at least 4.232 boost to deal capped damage on this boss. Everything else that will give you damage - is crit spell and pve attack, along with skill upgrades.
      You should try getting yourself apollon set with magic boost(there is variables), and socket it with knowledge +6, for a start, and you will feel significant increase in damage due amount of crits will be procing.
      Of course, weapon enchantment is also important, especially on pistols, since they're 1\2 your source of damage in pve.

Most of PvE content currenly(with exception of Narakali and Museum) require around 4.5k boost to reach cap.
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kelberas ().

• MB cap is 3.2k so you need 6k to be capped in nara XD Where are you getting your info from. hot dam

Senpai wrote:

6. With endgame gear, food and candy, I think you have enough accuracy for PVE and PVP (except block classes), I would focus on getting knowledge socketed and some magic boost composites.
      Also, What did i just read ?

Edit: You should focus the wing things on getting accessories as this is where you will notice the main dps boost, with the pve attack etc. You could even jump right to falusha gear as gunner parts on my server dont really sell and are very cheap. The main diff between apollon and falusha is the pve defense, its almost double apollon. The falusha acc are OP, also cheap for belt/ring. Most situations you can avoid damage so focus on getting pve attack and apollon/prigga wep imo.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alurru ().

• Kelberas wrote:

current m.boost cap is 3k.
      current mboost cap is 3.2
      once again check aionpveranks.com/
      on the lft there's a filter u can filter it for gunners only for example and check the top dps there aproximately what rotations they make, however bare in mind those that are on the top are not the "actual" showcase usually as they have max gear,lvl and OP groups around them. My advice is to check slightly below them in the ranking.
    • t0re wrote:

on the lft there's a filter u can filter it for gunners only for example and check the top dps there aproximately what rotations they make, however bare in mind those that are on the top are not the "actual" showcase usually as they have max gear,lvl and OP groups around them. My advice is to check slightly below them in the ranking.
      Looking at the Gunners currently on pveranks, there's like four Gunners who actually have max gear and ten fingers. So it's a pretty good indicator.

There's also really not much to a Gunner's rotation, but apparently, similar to SM, it's easy to screw up.

Priorise Concentrated Cannon Shot, Fire Cannon and Snow Projectile. Don't fully charge your Cannon Skills unless necessary for your rotation. And use both Cannon and Pistols.

Are clicking skills or have you keybound them?
    • PS question that i noticed recently. do the proc of the buff matter of base magical attack or smt coz i saw it dealing more dmg with the cannon hits than the pistols which is weird for me.any1 any clue?
      will test it today but i think that is the case and i cant understand why