New servers low population, an increasing concern

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New servers low population, an increasing concern

Hi all, according to a trusted source which i'm going to quote here:

the amount of active players on the newly added server is steadily going down.

My simple question is, is the management aware of this and if so, is there any plan to be put in place to change this?

For example merging the new servers together and linking with the old ones for instanced content. Or merging each of the new one with the old servers with the same language ones.

Please could we get an answer from the staff as the measures really affect mine (and many others') plans for the future.
    • Old servers got the same issue, we have low population many players are leaving the game recently while others re-rolled on those new servers, on Deyla asmo side is so hard to find players to do some instances... NCsoft and Gameforge should try to make the game enjoyable but instead they are turning it into a hell and making people to leave so dont expect nothing good!
    • Yes you might be right. I know this is the official forum for international servers but Grendal is not yet there, while the newly added polish, german and French servers which Grendal gets paired with, are very low populated and in the near future we'll only play within Grendal players, even for integrated/cross server content (assuming the few people left playing on Grendal won't quit)

Aion is a time demanding game, and that is why we'd like to know the plans to overcome the low pop issue, to be able to play without the feeling everything will be purposeless in a few months from now.

It will never happen that the Gameforge staff comes up with <<we're sorry the whole new servers was a bad move in terms of "keeping an healty playerbase">>, but please at least acknowledge that there is a problem.

I believe they are on holiday in Germany, so I'm expecting an official answer by early next week?

The post was edited 1 time, last by JustQuestions ().

• What did you expect? Aion population was low before that, and with new servers opening, you expetcted 1 million players just join the game out of nowhere? Lol, opening new server was terrible idea to begin with. We need new bussiness model, then we can think about new servers. Anyway, they will merge us again shortly.
    • Shopforge plan:

A) "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start is a well known bait for pipedreaming rerollers

B) OPEN new servers

C) MILK rerolling whales and no lifers

D) WHEN the "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start pipedreaming reroller sees a 75lvl within a week with the said reroller being 40lvl tops reroller gets a rude awakening that life is NOT FAIR NO EQUAL START NOTHING

E) The "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start pipedreaming reroller QUITS the server

F) Shopforge merges the new "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start server with the OLD IMBALANCED 8 years old servers rendering the milked whales to 4star rank from a governor rank

and again:

A) "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start is a well known bait for pipedreaming rerollers

B) OPEN new servers

C) MILK rerolling whales and no lifers

D) WHEN the "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start pipedreaming reroller sees a 75lvl within a week with the said reroller being 40lvl tops reroller gets a rude awakening that life is NOT FAIR NO EQUAL START NOTHING

E) The "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start pipedreaming reroller QUITS the server
      F) Shopforge merges the new "FAIR", "EQUAL" and "BALANCED" start server with the OLD IMBALANCED 8 years old servers rendering the milked whales to 4star rank from a governor rank

and again....
    • It was a mistake to open 4 servers instead of 1.

And the second and biggest mistake was nerfing Luna, thus ruining the game for new players, and everyone else pretty much. People on Deyla weren't affected as much, but for the new servers the apes/manastones that you got in Luna were crucial and vital for server growth.

Just Gameforge has zero clue how to run Aion, nobody there plays Aion and if they do, they are bad, even if they might have a lvl 75 char which was "totally" leveled legit.
    • The new servers are a bright example how much Gameforge care about our feedback. We had a thread, a lot of people wrote there . Did they listen ?

Tbh I am surprised about Grendal, it has the same population as Antriksha, even bigger sometimes. But the rest are in the exact state as most of us predicted.

Part of the feedback was that this game and the new servers needs advertisement. Instead, since 5.6 and the opening of these 4 servers, they are doing only "Promo" events to "help" the returning and new players and nyerked up ToC and Luna :)

10/10 management and business skills
    • Do you think they care? they just making money .Didnt that nyerk nick guy said it in the start if the servers wont b healthy they wil make merge?? and you nab why you go new server to work hard level up rank you toon and then merge comes and you QQ and loose rank . We love aion for them is just a job .All this years so many people left did they care???? no they know new naabs wil come leave there money and is ok :)
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Time for a merge.

On a saturday, prime time , three of the new servers are at 5% , 5% and 7%. This is unacceptable.

Either close them, or merge them. Grendal too, the population is too low on Elyos side.
      :nothingtoseehere: I ve talked to a lot of ppl there and if they merge Grendal with any other server hundreds will quit game, so you will have like 50 ppl there. So maybe leave it like it is right now ok?

Don't avoid censored words by using a single *, and please remain civil to other players with a different opinion
      Senpai
    • kubaola1997 wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

Time for a merge.

On a saturday, prime time , three of the new servers are at 5% , 5% and 7%. This is unacceptable.

Either close them, or merge them. Grendal too, the population is too low on Elyos side.
      :nothingtoseehere: I ve talked to a lot of ppl there and if they merge Grendal with any other server hundreds will quit game, so you will have like 50 ppl there. So maybe leave it like it is right now ok?
      Yeah, I bet you love to play on a server that is 100% dominated by 1 faction, that barely has 600 players as I am typing this.

Get a clue kid.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

kubaola1997 wrote:

[NICK]n00b wrote:

Time for a merge.

Yeah, I bet you love to play on a server that is 100% dominated by 1 faction, that barely has 600 players as I am typing this.
      Get a clue kid.
      Dude about 2 weeks ago or maybe 3 elyos on sieges there were more elyos than asmo so.. Open eyes. And I am not a kid, have a look at your posts : " I wanna merge, because we suck balls with buff on elyos " LOL
    • Why don't you tell it how it is? You have high rank on Grendal and don't want merge?

So that's less than 1% of srv population who will quit? Big loss. I would be happy if they all quit, because I played there and I know how useless they are. Never lead siege, sometimes they don't put kisk . some afk.