The death of Casual Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The death of Casual Players

Hiya,

I am a casual player (like many out here). I do not have 5 accounts with 8 char each to do LUNAS + GOK + LOK every week. Even if I had the time I would not do it, jeeez, that is more work than actually going to work. But each one of it's own.

I have one account with two chars on grendal server (lvl 70+). So, even though I say I'm a casual person (to the 5 account guys)

I am struggling to get things done on the game to be honest. I can sell on NPC. I can sell on NPC. Then I use the other one (my main).

I am really struggling to get anything for that char. I do not know how to do it, but I do not know how to do it.

So, if I do the maths. 150kk-250kk a week (by selling other drops from instances and some crafting and that) it means I could get 1-2 enchant stones as they sell for about 100k each but there are not many there. Let's do some maths.
      1 set. PVP (I'm chanter, so screwed cos I need multiple sets to be competitive)

- 5 armour parts +15
      - weapon +15
      enchants= 90 = about 10 months

- 6 part jewelry + 5
      - goldfeather +5
      - bracelet +5
      serums = 40 (assuming nothing fails and we all know that's not the case. ) these are cheaper so gonna asume I can get 4 a week. About 2 months.

So, as the gamesstands and in a perfect world and asuming. I have all the set (I did not even take a look at how to get the set or the medals ...). It would take me as a 'CASUAL PLAYER' (and I'm not, I'm an average player) 1 YEAR !!! to enchant the system to be competitive'ish with one set.

GAMEFORGE. Do you realize you are killing 'casual'ish players' like me and just forget about new players ...

I love the game, but the more I think of it, the amount of work needed (more rewarding). And even better. in 6 months time, the set that takes me one year to get done.

I hope somebody see the point, but I doubt it.

Anyway. my 2cents from a casual'ish player
    • The game is subscription base mate, if you spend a £100 per month you might be able to achieve something in less than a year. Thats double during the shugo games and add some zeros for the card events
    • Stallari wrote:

Gameforge doesn't care for casuals, unless you casually spend thousands of Euro's shopping.
      Right after the 5.6 update, many players who've quit over 1 year ago, decided to come back and play again. A lot of them decided to make new chars on Grendal.

Why? Fresh start + fair and fast way to gear up (Luna). Big deal.

Then, after the Luna nerf, they slowly started to quit again...

13th september's patch was such an harakiri for GF!
    • That's the boat I'm in. I used to play a lot and loved the game. Now I have a family and job and though the 5.6 patch would be a good balanced way.

It was till GF got their hands on it...

Ohh well, I'll wait till they give us an update. If it's more cash shop stuff I guess I'll give my veteran account to somebody
    • Man,
      first of all you forget to consider also the costs of Manastones. You need at least 160-200 manastone for set, and don't be afraid the minimun are +7...and finally if you want to play pvp you need 2 or 3 sets not only one! then add another set for PVE.
      At the end your only possibility is AionShop!!! where you must spend a lot of money (as GF want.)
      or
      you can quit and move to another game as a lot of people done in the last weeks.
      good luck
    • Future Will Come wrote:

testtestlab wrote:

- 5 armour parts +15
      - weapon +15
      enchants= 90 = about 10 months
      just wondering did you try use new Glowing Enchantment Stone + Mighty Supp?
      When you are a low-budget man. Would you have the balls to do this method, with the risk of losing your precious ' AP75 ' gear/weapon that you wanted to get so much. I understand their p.o.v, also yours. But still man.. if i would need to farm 2-3 weeks of kinah/spinel/ap to get a piece or two, And i would be a low-budgetman. i would never gamble that. even tho it has quite a nice rate for succeed.

Failed 9 Fallusha Shoulder plates at + 8/+9 with mighty supps and Glowing enchantment stone. so i can confirm it's an okay rate.
      4 warning signs that you have a back injury

1. Chronically Tight Hamstrings
      2. Chronic Hamstring Pulls
      3. Chronic Heel Pain
      4. Playing Grendal with my sin.
    • Stallari wrote:

Gameforge doesn't care for casuals, unless you casually spend thousands of Euro's shopping.
      Thousands is too much, I bought entire 75AP set +10-12 with gg manastones and full acc set +5 topped with +15 bygone pole for 400 euros (Of course by selling aion coins).
    • Ashurrr wrote:

Stallari wrote:

Thousands is too much, I bought entire 75AP set +10-12 with gg manastones and full acc set +5 topped with +15 bygone pole for 400 euros (Of course by selling aion coins).
      That is called buying and account, who ur trying to fool? Lel
    • Ashurrr wrote:

Stallari wrote:

You are not going to get a +5 accessory set and +10 AP set with €400.
      You need like 1600 medals and 16KK AP to get the gear.
      I haven't seen a bygone go for less than 2.5KKK either.
      Even if you didn't break any of them, you still need serums/APES/supplements. The argument of VR is invalid because you also need to pay to get 80VR.

Also, simply, lol.
    • 400€ is about 15 billion Kinah (aion shop -> sell Shugo game token - too late now).

With 15 billion you can get a full socketed +10 set and +5 accessoires, at least on my server. You even get 2 sets, just find someone selling it.
      +15 AP parts socketed with +7/8 HD stones go for under 1 billion each here sometimes.
    • Click wrote:

400€ is about 15 billion Kinah (aion shop -> sell Shugo game token - too late now).

With 15 billion you can get a full socketed +10 set and +5 accessoires, at least on my server. You even get 2 sets, just find someone selling it.
      +15 AP parts socketed with +7/8 HD stones go for under 1 billion each here sometimes.
      +5 rings go for at least 1KKK on Hellion, not to mention earrings/helm/necklace.
      Also enchanted/socketed gear goes for a lot more than what you describe. Maybe on Antriskha it's different, I don't know.

So you spent €400, as a casual you won't reach anything higher than 71 soon, which means you need to boost that aswell. GL spending the same amount on Kumuki scrolls and 200% XP tickets/stars/teas.
    • Click wrote:

yes you are right, leveling is a different story.
      About the gear, it's really cheap on Antri Elyos, you just gotta wait till somebody quits again and throwing all the gear in broker, that happens quite often lately.
      +5 accs go for 600-800kk xD I bought bard bandana +5 for 1bill :/
      think we've never seen more ppl selling their gears & quiting than now :D

even players I know played since 3.0 :l

@Stallari think everyone feels tempted to lately; I don't wanna quit but I feel like soon there won't be any choice xD servers feel dead since we're split on 12 of them, brokers empty, there's nothing to excite you anymore in this game since everythings limited, its like playing a demo version of Aion