[Discussion Thread] Luna Dungeons rewards modification

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well,

Could someone tell me how the quest rotation works?

What I am about to say is just my opinion so don't get all offended if you disagree.

Things I think are good about this plan;

1. Used a system that was pretty obsolete.
      2. You didn't pick any instances noobs can't do so thumbs up for that.
      3. Requires a lot more engagement and will make people do alt run instances as well, helping group formation in less populated servers.
      4. A good step in the right direction.
      5. The fact you changed the spy quest for less kills since nobody bothered doing that quest in the first place.

Things I think could be improved about this plan;

1. Making the apes untradable for all the quests is somewhat silly in my opinion, I still feel as if at least the Calyda and the Kill Quests Apes should be tradeable.
      2. 12 +6 stones in 21 days seems a bit low.
      3. There could be more variety in the quests or simply more quests.
      4. The fact quests have a rotation might make it difficult for a lot of players to take advantage of this system seen as not everybody can play every day and if the quests are garbage during the weekend then people who don't have that option are basically left in the same place as before this change happens.
      5. *Edit* Just realised the kill quest is in abyss, unless this falls on a siege day it will only lead to cross faction trading, I suggest a change on this one first of all.

That's about all I can think of for now, my #4 point on improvements is mainly because I don't know quest rotation and how it works, I never bothered with this system since the majority of the time it was very unrewarding. I think the main focus point would be to maybe add more manastones and perhaps instead of having a rotation just make the quests have 12 or 21 days CD depending on however many times you can receive the rewards.

To that end it may simply be better to just add all of the following quests with an in-game NPC with the 12 and 21 day cooldown so people who don't necessarily have time to play every day don't happen to miss out too much on what they can farm, I think that would be both more fair and equal. I believe this might actually be easier to do than the hero trial change, as well.

+ You get to spawn your own npc, you could call it Nic :^)

I'll give more feedback over time, probably also when it's put in place, until then I will reserve my vote because I don't want you to think I am 100% happy with the current plan however I am pretty happy that you made a good effort. Keep it up.
    • Befor nerf 15 manastone bag every 7 weeks
      Before nerf seulement 5 manastone bag every 7 weeks
      With Compensation 9,6 manastone bag every 7 weeks(5+(2/3)*7)

From manastone part it seem to be a bit low
      And btw 400GP is not doable from every player they need a bit stuff and for sure it will be sunday :(

i think something like that sounds better

QuestRewardAvailability within 21 days
      Kill Arkhal1 [Jakunerk] All Powerfull Enchantement Stone2 times
      Gain 300 Honor points1 [Jakunerk] All Powerfull Enchantement Stone1 time
      Kill 3 Elite Enraged Calyda-Priest (spy)/Tarha Assassin (spy)1 Protector’s +6 Manastone Bundle2 times
      Kill 40 Asmo/Elyos in the Abyss (65+)1 [Jakunerk] All Powerfull Enchantement Stone1 time
      Gain 300.000.000 XP1 [Jakunerk] All Powerfull Enchantement Stone1 time
      Kill one of the following bosses in “Libray of Knowledge” – Raging Mezram, Raging Megarion, Raging Mezaris1 [Jakunerk] All Powerfull Enchantement Stone2 times
      Gain 400 Honor points1 [Jakunerk] All Powerfull Enchantement Stone
      + 1 Protector’s +6 Manastone Bundle
      2 times

With compensation 14,3 manastone bag every 7 weeks (5+(2/3)*7)
      Kill 3 Elite Enraged Calyda-Priest (spy)/Tarha Assassin (spy) are the quest who look more like a world map farming
    • After being a heavy hitter against the GF team (even got banned for it, tho debateable if fair but moving on), I was preaching that Galeas' end (even to him directly) is near and a huge s****storm is on its way if this situation keeps getting worse. After reading the plan, I can say HOLY HELL... finally a DECENT plan.. Color me impressed @Galeas you finally mananged to somewhat redeem yourself (and by somewhat, I mean just for the nerf part. for the how the staff handled this ongoing storm, the flying banhammers and the NK style censorship, there's still some redepmtion to be done).
      Aside from the (Kill 3 Elite Enraged Calyda-Priest (spy)/Tarha Assassin (spy)) which I have no idea what it is, the rest is totally doable and very easy, so basically 8-9 APES every 3 weeks. Although some may look at this as not being enough, I should remind you, this is doable even with alts, so even more APES. For those being quirky on the "40 kills part", remember every abyss siege you can easily do it IF you actually participate + doing this will actually greatly help the siege. The part that I like most about this plan is that even tho everyone's gonna farm them with alts like crazy cos obviously there's a lot of APES needed for sets, this WAY of getting apes actually requires PLAYING and some effort and time, therefor you can't say there's too many apes after a while and nerf again because ppl actually worked for those many apes so the "ppl afk alts in luna -> too many apes -> nerf luna" thing won't ever be heard again.
      Even tho I still have a grudge against the biased mishandling of moderation of this forum your staff is carrying out (albeit with hopes it will improve) and the lack of communication and the nerf, I think you earned the following statement (some may say that hell froze over):

Good job @Galeas & the staff that worked on this plan, it's a great plan and thank you for it, you're half forgiven.

For the future: I hope you all learned a lesson about situations (AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: THE DECISIONS THAT LEAD TO SAID SITUATIONS) and how to manage them and I hope it will be reflected in the future.
    • It does look as though there is something in there for all. Personally I do not have any pvp gear, mainly because I suck at it big time, maybe now I can start working again towards getting it for defense purposes. These will sure be more interesting than repeating Luna x times a day with no time for other things.
    • All you guys had to see was a couple on APES on the screen.Mathemathics and logic are done here.

This not even a middle ground. 21 days for 9 apes per char and 1x +8 manastone (not considering the mats). And assuming your are 73-75. anything lower then forget the elite OW mobs and 40 elyos.

Now this is a genius way to make players get more alts to 71+ for Arkhal and Library.

All you had to do was implement apes in the 's' rank of luna and remove the horse mobs and king saam mobs but no.
      You had to nerf the system, get shamed by the entire community and then create an illusion of APES.

This is like those 15/30 days pets with 30 slots as veteran rewards. You have the illusion of getting something but in the end, it is just useless.

Well played. Gameforge. Now thats Business. Tips taken.
    • [NICK]aulia wrote:

All you guys had to see was a couple on APES on the screen.Mathemathics and logic are done here.

This not even a middle ground. 21 days for 9 apes per char and 1x +8 manastone (not considering the mats). And assuming your are 73-75. anything lower then forget the elite OW mobs and 40 elyos.

Now this is a genius way to make players get more alts to 71+ for Arkhal and Library.

All you had to do was implement apes in the 's' rank of luna and remove the horse mobs and king saam mobs but no.
      You had to nerf the system, get shamed by the entire community and then create an illusion of APES.

This is like those 15/30 days pets with 30 slots as veteran rewards. You have the illusion of getting something but in the end, it is just useless.

Well played. Gameforge. Now thats Business. Tips taken.
      I dont know what your expectation was but you can enchant 5 parts of your gear to +15 in 3 weeks. And for manastones, not everyone will use them some players will sell those stones as a way of making kinah so the prices will go down. This is will take time of course and i believe this is the correct way to make things right.

And i have no idea why you need 71+ for LoK and Arkhal
    • [NICK]aulia wrote:

All you had to do was implement apes in the 's' rank of luna and remove the horse mobs and king saam mobs but no.You had to nerf the system, get shamed by the entire community and then create an illusion of APES.
      I'm fine with the 1st part, apes as S rank reward only could have been a solution, but why remove mobs??
      it isn't that hard to get s rank, as far as the cannons don't stop firing...

I'm fine with this other solution... at least you know what you have to do to get a stone with 100% chance..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wahuha ().

• I must admit this is a very nice plan, although with a bit of tweaking it can become even better. In any way, i'm upvoting it. :like:

My suggestion on this is:

Kill Arkhal
      Better remove this option, and add these 2 apes on the library run (2 + 2 apes as result)
      EDIT: a small clarification, when i say 2 + 2 apes, i meant the runs, to have 4 runs on library that will result in 4 apes, 1 apes per run, instead to have 2 runs on library and 2 runs on arkhal.

Gain 300 Honor points
      Easy and good.

Kill 3 Elite Enraged Calyda-Priest (spy)/Tarha Assassin (spy)
      I don't like this, remove the (spy) and make it for each faction to kill these mobs on their land instead.

Kill 40 Asmo/Elyos in the Abyss (65+)
      I like this option, but... it would be nice if you include the Kaldor map too since it's siege there too.

Gain 300.000.000 XP
      Easy and good.

Kill one of the following bosses in “Libray of Knowledge” – Raging Mezram, Raging Megarion, Raging Mezaris
      Good, but as i said on start, remove arkhal option, and add the 2 extra apes on this option instead.

Gain 400 Honor points
      Easy and good.
      Legend of the Kaisinel Temple

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neverfelt: Clarification ().

• I actually think you did “a very such tremendous job” XD

Obviously there are quests there that could be twiked like the 40 kill quests,(it should be everywhere in arreia where pvp it’s possible), and like @Neverfelt mentioned the Arkhal should be changed to Library and maybe 2+2, even though I think 9 apes every 21 days, for basically doing minor work, it is enough.

Now on the other side, why would you go trough all of this, when instead like so many other suggested you could have just changed Luna like we asked you to, change it to rank S and no more saam’s. All in all it would have been the same thing.

I am still very much happy indeed, and I actually think,(I’m not sureXD) that you listened to the community.

One more thing, where are the quests for the serums? (I didn’t forgot about them, you shouldn’t either, they where part of Luna too, and like APES they almost nonexistent)