Pinned [useful info] Stacking hierarchy of stuns, courtesy of Jyu

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [useful info] Stacking hierarchy of stuns, courtesy of Jyu

update 18 August 2016

Jyu wrote:

it's parrying strike > IJ = IB = Burst >= (?) backshock

If you want to maximize the effect of your stuns, then you should consider this stacking order, so you don’t use stuns that can’t override the prior stun:

Parrying Strike > Infernal Blaze > Soul Strike > Burst

Ofc, I don’t usually get to use infernal blaze right after parrying strike, but I never knew if it was higher up on the chain. Turns out it’s not. A good use for this would be, say.. you soul strike stun, then you want to use Annihilation- you weave a few times in between the chain so that you get to burst as the SS stun ends. More damage + the stun will still go. YAY.

Tested with science. THE MORE YOU KNOW.

(source/emphasis mine)

In addition, for those of you who worship Cruellia as a major Chanter deity, aside from the YouTube account he also keeps a blog where many common questions are being answered: chantertalk.tumblr.com/ and reading that might be more useful than asking stuff here but hey YMMV.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Quon ().

• Always happy to help, especially if the information in question originates somewhere else. On a less cheerful note, I was refused a sticky on this thread on the grounds that the Chanter sub board is not active enough, meaning the thread will stay on the first page for a while all by itself. Nevermind that people who come here lack the basic ability to scroll down and read the topics lest they hold valuable information, a problem stickies easily solve.
    • So, if I get that order right, we should chain the stuns the other way around... starting with Burst, right?

(my logic skills fail me lately... too much work heh)
      "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist." Nietzsche.
    • Yes that's correct. Burst is the woobie of the bunch and will be overwritten by any of the others, meanwhile if you fire it in the duration of another stun you're wasting it. For me the most important thing here is that IB will always nyerk your SS stun so be careful when using all the ranged skills close together ^^
    • Quon wrote:

Yes that's correct. Burst is the woobie of the bunch and will be overwritten by any of the others, meanwhile if you fire it in the duration of another stun you're wasting it. For me the most important thing here is that IB will always nyerk your SS stun so be careful when using all the ranged skills close together

I realized this but, sometimes when infernal blaze is almost ending and i use soul strike, it goes in... feels like when the stun is almost ending, the override effect doesn't happen, or am i just timing them very well?
      Don't be mean to people who seek attention, they are just lonely people :love:
    • Maybe you are, maybe your ping is high, maybe the stacking hierarchy was changed within the past year and nobody tested it.

Why not make a test yourself? May take a couple of hours, but the results should be interesting ^^
    • Quon wrote:

Maybe you are, maybe your ping is high, maybe the stacking hierarchy was changed within the past year and nobody tested it.

Why not make a test yourself? May take a couple of hours, but the results should be interesting

I would love to test it myself, but sadly i have 200~300 ping.
    • That amount of ping actually makes quite a bit of difference, For example (sorry that it isn't a chanter example), with my 160~180 ping at NA servers it becomes impossible to cancel 1 second or 2 second casts once they've reached 20% of the cast bar, whereas on EU with 40 ping casting stops even over 80%. So what you see and what the server "sees" is not one and the same at any given time.

Hopefully, someone else will test it -- perhaps even Cruellia himself!
    • Quon wrote:

That amount of ping actually makes quite a bit of difference, For example (sorry that it isn't a chanter example), with my 160~180 ping at NA servers it becomes impossible to cancel 1 second or 2 second casts once they've reached 20% of the cast bar, whereas on EU with 40 ping casting stops even over 80%. So what you see and what the server "sees" is not one and the same at any given time.

Hopefully, someone else will test it -- perhaps even Cruellia himself!

Ahah, i actually downloaded Aion NA again 2 days ago to play sometimes, the ping is high but works decent with a proxy.

Now that Crueby (Cruellia) is back, we might see new interesting stuff, gotta love that guy xD He always provided chanters with great info and i'm pretty sure there's much more about chanter that we could explore :D

There's a lot of people that think he's overrated tho.
    • About the Infernal Blaze - IJ / SS topic:

Recently (not really, has been a few months already), whenever I stun someone with IB and use IJ afterwards, the stun of IJ overrides that of IB. Of course this doesn't happen all the time, but I think that has to do with IJ's stun rate. I can't really remember whether this was the same for IJ -> IB, though. I think it wasn't, but should take it with a grain of salt, since my memory sometimes fails me.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's like this now:

Parrying strike > IJ > IB > Burst.

I do not have any data to provide, this is just from PvP experience over months.
    • I apologize then, it must be a misunderstanding!

So back on topic, we are currently looking for volunteers who would sacrifice some time to check what overwrites what in our current 4.6 Aion server hosted by Gameforge.