Hey Aion! Newbie here!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey Aion! Newbie here!!

As is evident from the three exclamation marks in my forum subject thingy,i am quite excited to play this game.Although i could have chosen a better time to play this game,anyways,time for INTRODUCTION!
      I am 20 Y/O currently doing my computer application degree in India.I have played a few MMORPGs before,which isn't saying much because all i have played are runescape and the chinese browser mmorpg cashgrabs.I have been thinking about playing a proper mmorpg for some time but couldn't get around to it for one reason or another.But now i am in midst of exams and i decided i need a mmorpg in my life so i went ahead and installed aion because my pc died and my laptop will only run comparatively older mmorpgs and aion wasn't hard to find atop the corpses of older dead mmorpgs(i feel like somehow my tone might sound condescending towards aion,but believe me i am not............JK.........maybe not,sorry) I picked cleric because i am not really a fighty fighty guy but the prospect of being the guitar boi didn't appeal to me so cleric was the next best thing.I'd be really grateful if ya guys can give me some general pointers on what to do and what not to do in aion.and yea Hi,nice to meet you,i suppose.
    • Welcome to the game

you might find those links useful

as I dont know your faction:
      Asmodian Leveling Guide 1-75
      Elyos-Leveling guide for casual player (no p2w or endless elite grinding included)

regarding cleric:
      Cleric

Enjoy the game!

Kind regards
      Sita
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• Thanks for the links and shtuff and i see what you meant by cleric is hard(not really fun in solo),so i ended up playing and deleting few classes back and forth and ascending,currently i guess i am gonna stick with aethertech,and the game just gave me lvl 50 equipment? huh? i mean thanks but? is this like permanent or like 5 mins of shiny fun before tragedy befells and i lose everything?
    • No, the game now gives pretty good starting out gear at lvl 10, and 55.

This is mostly because the gear gap is now higher than it's ever been, so they had to compensate somehow.

As for pointers? You started out in a very hard version of Aion, where it's very hard to catch up to old players. Good luck though!
    • Desperation wrote:

cleric is most difficult class in group pvp/pve
      rly? :D:D most dificult class in pve :D
      u and i have very different understanding of difficult
      healing cleric is by far the easiest - no fixed rotations, no movement bonuses, no w8ting for cds with rebuff etc etc.
      as for soloing with cler is most static behaviour while dpsing

as n00b said u will have some catching up to do and the best way to do that is to make many few(or many) alts to use for basic instances and(or just) events in order to gain easier & faster money/gear
    • Or just find decent legion that will help you out in both gearing and getting game knowlegde, by taking you into decent instances.
      If you'd stick to cleric -> max your HP all way through for pve instances. By far most easiest class for pve, just spam healing wave, and pop splendor from times.
      As 75 sorc, i'm saying that healing in narakali EM with 20k hp chanter by far was easiest time in my life.
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • So which class is hard in pve sorc gladi bard ?I loled. Lets be serius cleric is the most responsible and sin the hardest, all others are easy. (ofc not talking about adma or ele). Pve in general is easy after your figured out the pattern & experience.

Not to mention group pvp, cleri is among sorc the hardest, there is a reason ppl take 2 cleric into group backed up with bg and chanter.
    • People take double cleric or cleric bard backed up with a chanter to completely counter any CC setup.
      In PvE cleric might be the most responsible but it’s by far one of the easiest in pve aswell (thx to Healing wave). You can stand in a corner and literally spam that skill from 100% to 0% without using any other heal xD
    • t0re wrote:

rly? :D:D most dificult class in pve :D u and i have very different understanding of difficult
      healing cleric is by far the easiest - no fixed rotations, no movement bonuses, no w8ting for cds with rebuff etc etc.
      as for soloing with cler is most static behaviour while dpsing
      I mean mostly group pvp since I dont do group pve.
      But obviously that dps class is easy in pve and can play by 1 hand, to dont run from mass skills and just be lazy in other aspects cause they rely on cler.
      If you see that somebody try their best like avoiding mass/cone skills, using defensive buffs in time and trying the best roration, then dont forget to mention that sup cler can try his best too and help with dps at the same time between heals to be max useful.
    • sorry but we're not talking about tryharding but basic average play. unfortunately 99% of ppl dont know what "avoiding skills" is so i am not even mentioning that.
      in that aspect cleric can play with 1 hand as well (its actually easier for cler to play with 1 hand than any other classes as i said coz it has jsut few skills that u need to rly rly use.
      You can take my word for it or not. I am bad cleric and i and i find the cleric to be really easy.
    • t0re wrote:

You can take my word for it or not. I am bad cleric and i and i find the cleric to be really easy.
      +1 to that.
      My apollon +0 alt with HP stones, survives Narakali EM with no issues.
      But pvp is another world. Either you have 11 sets to counter each and every class, or you just dont play pvp.
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • yes just pick cleri.. when you die for whatever reason in pve (lag,mana,mobs,cast break,stun,paper group etc) and you dont have res and all others die because of you, give them link to this site since cleri is the easiest class to play aperently.

When dps class run out of mana, die, lag blablablabla guess what noone cares. Is it narakali is it ele lab or dark poeta you can still finish boss somehow.
      What hapens if a cleri die because he did a mistake or lag mana etc in narakali and alliance dont have res stones? Yes they wipe and need to reset boss. And if a dps die? Yea noone cares. Life go on. Dps can slack, die 100 times, deal 0 dmg, go afk, eat while playing, go on fb. Can cleri do that?
      Im not saying its a hard class but if you have to pick one its definetly cleri because of its responsibility.

So cleri is the most important class in game and most wanted, without it you cant do end game content.
    • Hashtag wrote:

So cleri is the most important class in game and most wanted, without it you cant do end game content.
      This is why 30% of game population are clerics, and most ppl actually have cleric alts. This is why cleric gear is so expensive xD.

We're not talking about laggy gameplay, mana management or bad positioning.
      It's person's fault, not class.

Hashtag wrote:

And if a dps die? Yea noone cares.
      Not in Narakali, where i put example.

Hashtag wrote:

ele lab or dark poeta you can still finish boss somehow.
      Especially DP with ranking and last boss tied directly to time you waste. And no second try, since portal closes in 5m.

Hashtag wrote:

What hapens if a cleri die because he did a mistake or lag mana etc in narakali and alliance dont have res stones?
      Then cleric has to find a better ally who actually has res stones, and learn positioning\ get better internet \ find better server to play on\wait for transfers\ switch class?
      In Narakali cleric is LAST target of Chilling cold, which is instant death.

Hashtag wrote:

Dps can slack,
      So does cleric in AFK parts throught many instances.

Hashtag wrote:

eat while playing
      Truth to be told, i actually ate y-day during 4-minibosses part in Narakali xD

Hashtag wrote:

Im not saying its a hard class but if you have to pick one its definetly cleri because of its responsibility.
      That's true, you need to be responsible as cleric, but it doesn't mean that only xxxMLGxxxproneverlocixxxD should exist. Everyone picks up cleric badly, dropping teammates, but it's called getting more used to cleric, and how damage works in aion.
    • no offense but on a cleric you cant just shout "i need to pee" and run away like a sin who just puts his char on auto attack

additionally, just get ready for the verbal abuse most clerics have to endure, specifically if you are new in any instance, don't know where to stand, and people start bashing you cause you die
      @Kelberas how do you handle that one? just not taking the cleric, recruit 5 hours more, or actually explain stuff and be patient?

I'm kinda passiv aggressiv to this stuff, as it's one of the reasons why I rerolled to begin with - I do not think cleric in PvE as relaxing, not in times where heal aggro is worse than in 1.5
      it's the main reason why I don't heal randoms - I rather heal PvP - if you get cc'ed even though you have your mres stuff on, kd'ed even though you have your block set on, it's tough luck, and not something that usually gets people raging at you

regarding switch server/better internet/switch class: agree - even though it sounds harsh, if your circumstances don't allow you to heal, why do you do it? because you like it? because you are a nurse? because you want to help people? you just hurt yourself, as people WILL be mean and so not nice to you, not worth the hassle do something that gives you fun and enjoyment - unless you are masochistic, then it's the perfect class
    • @Evita
      If i can actually explain something to cleric, that is not blinded or doesn't have this "me no talk", and he can actually learn on a move - i'm ok with it.
      I just don't like the way people "moaning" Healing is hard.
      Yes it is hard. To live with this abuse. To dps on your allys and not the target. Put hope in your teammates who usually act like headless chickens. Who are completely can't understand situation on their own.
      Like when someone dies what to do, where to go, where to stand, why both groups have cold strike, etc.
      Veni, vedi, vici. This is rules how cleric should go with.
      If you roll with cleric - be ready to get a hard time of "what the nyerk are you doing, shugo's grandkids?".
      This is how people get their own premades, and alliances. They go through countless LFG groups to find decent people, who have even ablities to become better.
    • Thinking back to when i started as cleric playing solo killing mobs I felt it was very slow to kill things. As I got higher level I found it got faster. With all the heals you have even with a dps set up you can survive some situations other classes could not. I am not a pvp player or a run jump hit things type of player.

And yes, healing is not hard but a group can make it hard. I run duo most of the time and if others use their heads before picking targets and use the pretty collection of bottles and avoiding/protection skills it makes life easier for all.

I have levelled all classes, the ones I choose if going into something a bit difficult is my cleric or my spirit master. I levelled up an aethertech but it seemed to get slower as it levelled up, maybe I just did not have enough interest in it.