bard /cleric chanter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• bard /cleric chanter

hi. Aion ppl.
      i start again Aion and i Want ask u What class is better for old / new player.
      I have 2 billion kinah and veteran ac.
      i play solo or party if can found .
      i dont want male class.
      mace - artist or priest class i thing is better for me.
      i have 100-150 ping.
      ty
    • Bard is a lot cheaper compared to cleric or chanter, all of them are fun though as cleric you have more responsability. In 6vs 6 or 3 vs 3 cleric is a must kind of so if you are decent getting groups shouldnt be hard. Chanter and bard are also popular and wanted in group content not much 3vs 3 i would say cleric always outheals chanter
    • Cheap and flashy - bard.
      Responsible and reliable - cleric.
      Flashy and fun - chanter.
      If pvp only - bard imo suits you better.
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • As a Bard you’ll need a Knowledge + MB/MA set for dps, a MA/MB set for CC and hit MR targets. Then you should get a proper Strike Resist set with 3 parts Agility +10, rest SR22 for group and 1vs1. Additionally you need a Magic Suppression set for 1vs1, a Magic Resist set is good to have too for both 1vs1 and group pvp.
      Furthermore you should make a PvE set with Knowledge and MB29/xyz Stones until you hit the caps.
      That’s for beeing competitive. If you just want to have fun and be killed in 2 seconds you can live with 2 main pvp sets and use the dps pvp set in pve aswell.
      Also you should get used to it, that you won’t be able to kill decent players with decent defensive sets, such as chanter, templar, other bards, clerics, Gladiator is tough aswell nowadays unless they nyerk up to switch sets during fight.
      However in return you are pretty invincible in 1vs1 aswell IF you go the competitive way with all possible defensive sets suiting different situations.
      If not you are as squishy as a ranger or gunner.
      In group pvp you rely on Templar def buffs and a good cleric, you’ll be 1st target even if there’s a Sorc or SM in your group cuz everyone hates bards cuz of their anti-cc abilites and beeing not a bad dps when you unleash your chains.

Bard used to be cheap and fun to play, since 5.3 patch however it’s as expensive as any other class out there simply due to defensive sets.

As for PvE, stand in a corner, ding ding dong and don’t be stupid.

PS: I forgot to mention to make all your defensive accessoires +7 and Offensive aswell of course for better damage. I won’t go into weapons much, I have 5 Harps, where 4 are for PvP and always keep in mind that you need Attack speed AND cast speed.
    • The most important moment you mentioned is ping 100-150. You cant play chanter so effective in this case.
      Cler is the most expensive and difficult (in group) class.
      So, I advise to choose a bard. It doesnt require so much gear and more universal vs all classes. For example, it's the only class among these three that has silence as skill, this class has some 100% tactics to win vs average players.
    • Sorcerer is the most crap and hard class for pvp atm, and in future patches when pot macro bug will be "fixed" even more.

On the other side pve wise sorc is realy easy and fun. Kinda everyone wants a sorc in group, since it has the most burst potential among assasin.
    • I dont advice you to pick sorc, unless you somehow manage to reduce your ping to 40-60. On 100 its barely playable, because of delays and casting times.
      For pve you need basic apollon set socketed with 32-ish knowledge +6, that will give you reasonable crit, and in return - dmg.
      For pvp however you need at least 2 ap sets with knowledge +7-8, and m.acc composites + even some accuracy stones, for m.acc(20 seconds supplication of focus is not enough to last you in runat/dred massacres).
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • Monkgirl wrote:

thanks for the advice.
      But I want to ask you , and something else.
      Sorcerer is good for solo , can found party for boss and how many armor and weapon need?
      thx
      sorc will be one of the weakest classes in next update. But it's the most interesting class at the same time. If you master this class, you still wont be able to fight some classes like chanter, templar, ranger. Vs other classes chances aren't good too.
      can found group for boss - I guess you mean instances? It's np, almost all classes are welcome, it's more about, how one guy said, "mafia" - to join alliance for the most interesting instance Narakkalli you need to be friend of some guy that is in this alli and to have good gear, ts and so on. These alliances are too closed to join them. Maybe on some servers situation is different. But in general any class is welcome in any instance.
      As sorc you need at least 2 sets: full dmg set (knowledge manastones and magis boost/HP composites) and full mag acc set (accuracy manastones and magic accuracy/magic boost composites). And respectively 2 feathers: 1st MB/crit and 2nd MA/MB.
      Bard literally needs the same 2 sets, but less important than sorc cause ppl expect some control by sorc. From bard they don expect constant sleeping of enemy cler, it's more like additional help to group.
    • Click wrote:

Then you should get a proper Strike Resist set with 3 parts Agility +10, rest SR22 for group and 1vs1. Additionally you need a Magic Suppression set for 1vs1, a Magic Resist set is good to have too for both 1vs1 and group pvp.
      Care to explain more Click ? Like how much SR should one aim for since i only have 680 in full AP+15 set (dps set ofc). Then the MS set.. guess thats another AP set and what set gives enough MR to resist any of the +-3.5k MA hero's?
    • You should aim for about 2k Strike resist, which is pretty hard to get. I’ve seen gladiators with an average socketed accuracy set reaching 2k crit. More is possible, more Strike resist also but you need +20 parts and the +20 SR passive to get higher xD use 3 parts 75 AP +15 with Agility +10, rest mythic strife with SR 22. Weapon and fuse Luminiels + Mythic Strife SR22. You can try to +17 or higher the Strife parts cuz they don’t break for more SR.
      About MR idk, I didn’t make MR set for my bard cuz it’s too expensive (Will +10). I think you can reach 3.8-3.9k mr. That’s not enough to resist 50% cap, I reach myself like 3.7k MA in a “not good” MA set but enough to annoy people in full knowledge sets or MB sets with not a lot of MA. I’d use AP 75 for that aswell cuz it gives a lot of MR and in next patch upgraded even more.