Checking Aion again

• Question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Checking Aion again

Hi! Last time I've played this game was a little more than two years ago. I've decided to check it out again, and knowing that it might have changed a lot, do you think I should start from scratch or continue with my old character(s)? I wasn't casual but neither hardcore, had pve groups going, been to sieges and what not, because I had to maintain my four stars pvp gear (not completed) and so on, but it got pretty stale after a while, and boring. Anyway, I guess the pvp gear is pretty useless by now and of course no rank, and this might apply to pve as well. Therefore I don't know if I should start from the beginning, maybe on a new account since I remember I had all 8 slots with lvl 65, or just continue and figure out what's new in the game and worth doing. Thanks!
    • If you want to play the game, why not. Problem is there's not much ppl to play with. KR had merge recently. NA had merge 2 weeks ago. Until EU gets server merges, there kinda no reason to go all in aion. Wait out for 5.8 or merges. Or just start playing and gathering spinels .
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • Yea I checked the starting zone, some campaign quest sent me there. I must say, I'm kinda lost. Do I have to dig those patch notes and read them or anyone made progress guides like in the past? Everything requires new medals, no idea what to do with my old ceranium and mithril. Wanted to exchange my AP relics and there is no more core, I have no idea where to get stigmas, there is something like CP I have to get... everything is so confusing right now.
    • Ceranitium, mithril ect - just double click on them and they will change into new medals that are needed for old AP gear or you can exchange them for spinel medals in 1000:1 proportion.
      You can exchange relics in nosra/estera or in landing site.
      Getting stigmas in this patch is kinda problematic. You get 1 build from leveling up, the is some of stigma bundles on my server but they keep getting more expensive and you get one random stigma for chosen class in tower of challenge from one boss (i dont remember which one).
      CP - creation points. You can get them in two ways: wearing and leveling up estimas (6 slots up to +10) and just by leveling up. To see how much exp you need to get for next CP look on you exp bar and search for blue dot.
      To open CP panel click on dot or use keybind (shift+U by default).
      It has 4 separate tabs:
      Boost character - 6 base stats, same as new manastones. You can see what they give in right side of panel when leveling them up. You can spend 60 points for single attribute on 75lvl (higher lvl - higher cap)
      Transformation - you can use only first level transformation up to 74lvl you can choose only one, because they split their cd. Each gives you one specific passive, and one single-use active skill fire gives your attacks aoe effect (explode and throws you back), wind extends your range by 1 meter (dash forward), water heals you each time you are attacked (aoe root), earth lowers incoming dmg (dispell)
      On 75lvl you can transform yourself into upgraded version on them. You can test it in rift of oblivion instance
      High daeva skills - 5 active skills of each classes was upgraded into high daeva skills along with additional passives. You can choose to use everything or nothing - your choice.
      Daeva skills - you can upgrade most of your regular skills giving them additional dmg, heal ect
      CP build can be changed anytime, anywhere
    • Thanks for the tip with ceranium and mithril, quite helpful. Ended up with over 270k petra medals. It seems like it's not much but I don't know if I should sell them or keep them to upgrade gear. What is the point in keeping lvl 65 gear, even if I go purple? On the other hand I read somewhere that new gear breaks on enchanting. I don't know if that means destroyed or something that can be repaired. I could probably convert all petra to Spinels, I already have some but it won't be much.

With CP, I got some points but spending them I feel like I might mess up. I was looking for some guide around this forum but I might have to look on youtube, so for now I left this untouched.

I noticed I can change my battle medals for Insignia of Honour, is this something you guys recommend? On the other hand I found out you can upgrade the old Strife gear. If I want to play an alt, is it recommended to upgrade Strife to purple or just sell the gear to npc and get something else? What to do with courage insignias, convert them into platinum medals then petra?

On the same subject with old gear, I have lvl 65 pvp gear, but can't wear the better accessories because I was cheap and got the ranked ones. I also have some worse ones, no rank requirement but don't have the augment bonuses. I didn't see that I can upgrade them, should I extract them? My weapons (daggers) are also 65 but I can use them, one is +15 the other one not. Should I upgrade or is just better to get something new? I was also using my pvp gear for pve since I never got my last piece of the hyperion. I also have some +15 swb dagger. I know this is like over 2 years old gear but what should I do with it?

Something I almost forgot. Are there quick dailies that I can do? I discovered this luna cube, with a daily roll, then hell pass.

I know these are quite a lot of questions, is just that I find the information around here is quite scarce, or I don't know where to look at.
    • First of all, you should read the patch notes so you have a general idea of the new stuff.

I recommend going full pve since you are new to all of this so you can make some kinah and buy some good parts. Doing the weekly instance Library of Knowledge x2 and selling the 800 supplements is a good way to make 114kk each week. You have to activate a gold pack to be able to sell that much to the NPCs though. 65 pvp gear is meh unless you upgrade it to +20 for those resistance buffs. Enchantment stones are almost useless ( they have like a 10% to succeed...) so everyone relies on apes and a bit on glowing enchantment stones.

Items above level 65 break upon failed enchantment with a few accessories being the exception. After a recent event, spinel medals' price went downhill. On Deyla the price is 1.2kk each.

You can spent your CP however and as many times as you want. There's a 10 second cooldown after you confirm the changes. You can convert your BM to IoH and the opposite however you wish. There's no fee. Strife is not worth it. The purple version is better and can not break so if I had the materials I'd go for that over the 65 pvp gear. You can't extract accessories.

Luna is a great way to level up. There are dailies in Esterra/Nosra you can complete to level up faster. Also, the solo instance rift of oblivion provides a good amount of exp if you kill the 3 fat commander mobs.
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • You should convert all perta medals into spinel medals and look after 75lvl AP gear.
      About gear:
      swb - useless
      hyperion - unless its +15 upgraded - useless

For alts look after arena gear
      For pvp main - try to get AP75 but till you get it you can buy arena gear
      For pve buy holy apollon set its cheap (till it comes to conditioning) and good set. The only better sets are prigga (worthless in 5.8) and fallusha

You cant mess up with cp. If you feel you can spend them in better way you just remove points from one thing and add into another. I think you are sin so you take probably accuracy, power , two first high daeva skills and unlock fire transformation (on lvl 0) for pve.

Daily routine:
      Luna
      Rift of oblivion
      Kumuki (if available)
      If you are patient enough: quest for collecting (1,8kk kinah each)
      There is a lot of additional quests but they are not worth spending time (over 72lvl they give 0,00x%)

Once a week
      Second luna (take pre-quest open small boxes in the end)
      Abbys quests
      Tower of challenge (glory points, exp, kinah, AP and specific rewards for each boss)

You should also check hero tasks for APES and manastones
    • Avanill wrote:

For pve buy holy apollon set its cheap (till it comes to conditioning) and good set. The only better sets are prigga (worthless in 5.8) and fallusha
      Why will prigga be worthless in 5.8? I'm almost done with my armour set :/
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • illidan wrote:

Why will prigga be worthless in 5.8?
      It still will be competetive with next-patch apollon, and somewhat fallusha, but sadly you can't bless Prigga gear, unlike Apollon.
      Still i'd rather get Prigga than Apollon for both patches.
      - Just because you’re trash doesn’t mean you can’t do great things. It’s called garbage can, not garbage cannot.
    • @illidan
      It seems like I can do 4 not 2 Library of Knowledge (probably because of my active GP) but regardless of that, people are looking for 70+. I can't really do that right now, and I might not have the stats either. Enchantment fail because of the level of the gear, like it might be the same on level 65 but fails more for higher, or is it because they changed success rate? I still have a bunch of L130 enchant stones and such. Totally forgot about accessories, that I can't extract them, so I guess they are just useless.

@Avanill
      Arena gear as in the one with this new infinity insignia? Doesn't this also break upon enchanting? Thanks for the daily/weekly routine, I'll look at some guides for those instances.

I was wondering, how is a new player progressing through the game now? There's no more old zones to farm Kahrun, it seems they removed the new ones too where you could farm strife (camps) and ancient coin gear (underground), but I guess now Strife is acquired strictly from Akaron. After acquiring that kind of gear then you went to something like Sauro, then Katalamize/RST/Runa. That was basically the progression for pve when I stopped playing. For pvp it was whatever you could do, sieges, swb, some 6v6, some alliance daily and weekly etc. Even failing then got you some rewards.
    • [NICK]failboat wrote:

@illidan
      It seems like I can do 4 not 2 Library of Knowledge (probably because of my active GP) but regardless of that, people are looking for 70+. I can't really do that right now, and I might not have the stats either. Enchantment fail because of the level of the gear, like it might be the same on level 65 but fails more for higher, or is it because they changed success rate? I still have a bunch of L130 enchant stones and such. Totally forgot about accessories, that I can't extract them, so I guess they are just useless.
      Yeah, you can do 4 but each run gives you 400 supplements from the bosses. You can gain to 114kk each week which is around 700 supplements to reach the kinah limit so 2 runs are fine. There are just a few groups for all levels, but you can create one yourself. The best day to find a group is during a day that has a hero quest for APES from LoK. The success rate is the same no matter the level (I don't know after +15). I suggest you sell all stones above lvl 90.
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • Arena gear is the one you buy with infinity insignia and it also break after failed enchanting.
      Progresion for now is:
      Library of knowledge (holy maze set - skipable if you are rich or you have good legion) ->
      Garden of knowledge (holy apollon set) With this set you can do every other instance that you see on map and when enchanted and manastones socketed:
      Museum of knowledge for fun, shimiols and i heard rumors for mount
      Narakkali - best pve gear in game (ancient fallusha set)

And every sunday Pandemonium/ sanctum battlefield (prigga set)

PvP instances has been updated for 66+:
      Runatiorium -> Rumatorium ruins
      JMR -> BMR
      Sadha -> Ashunatal
      They give more glory points