Aion is best MMO so far

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I wish NC didn't kill L2 the way they did, it was a great game in the past, now it's whatever. Now that you mentioned GGG, they do have only one single game that they developed and publish so it's quite easier to take care of their own game. Lets not forget there are people complaining there too. Their shop, while mostly cosmetics, it is ridiculously expensive. As for the developing part, even the best pc can melt in group play.
    • Aion WAS the best mmorpg. NCSoft is killing it slowly, but certainly. All of the updates in the last few years are making the game more and more shop dependent. People are still playing it as there is nothing else out there, but that doesnt mean is good and playable. Aion is just a bunch of good memories ..
    • When the game still had Luna instances that dropped decently, I was really praising it. But after they nerfed it, a lot of people quit. I'd like to see a graph from Gameforge on that, how many they did lose?

So they added the Hero Trials which aren't even half as good, and the funny thing is, the most important item, as important as apes, serums, are not in Hero Trials. Serums are by far the biggest factor in deciding p2w vs non p2w because of enchanting accessories, etc.

So as a free user, where do you get the serums from Gameforge? Pve for that 10% drop rate, and then you have to roll on 1?

Nah.

Aion is a great game, but ruined by Gameforge.
    • Sebivine wrote:

that's why NA is nearly dead and korea is dying .... because gameforge

Serums are quite a bit cheaper than APE's on broker ... must be because serum is much more important
      Dunno why NA died, but from what I noticed NA is as worse as Gameforge in a different way, OP gear is even more accessible there, they are so desperate to keep people that they give you free op stuff so easy.

You'd have to ask an NA player why, since I haven't played there.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Sebivine wrote:

that's why NA is nearly dead and korea is dying .... because gameforge

Serums are quite a bit cheaper than APE's on broker ... must be because serum is much more important
      Dunno why NA died, but from what I noticed NA is as worse as Gameforge in a different way, OP gear is even more accessible there, they are so desperate to keep people that they give you free op stuff so easy.
      You'd have to ask an NA player why, since I haven't played there.
      When I played there, mind you it was till a couple of years ago, the shop was much cheaper than here and bots were everywhere, of course some things were cheaper in general but the inflation was also higher. It felt good to have some cheaper stuff but this had its consequences.

In some ways I didn't like their way of running things. The only way to buy prestige pack was to buy it yourself, and for those completely f2p wasn't possible to get it, and some of the stuff, like instances entries or increased ap, and that additional 5% speed, were tied up with this pack. But the trade and broker wasn't limited so people still preferred that version of the game over this.

I don't think that management of NA and EU were the biggest problems, most people quit because of core changes to the game, changes made by developers from NC Korea themselves, which made me also quit the game back then.