Why are companies such as Gameforge, Ncsoft exempt from scrutiny ? When recent example of games like BF2, Destiny2 are under fire.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why are companies such as Gameforge, Ncsoft exempt from scrutiny ? When recent example of games like BF2, Destiny2 are under fire.

I understand it's mostly because Aion is barely a relevant game in today's world, and the outraged people left a long time ago.

But look at Destiny2 recent example ; bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494

They made leveling harder in order to make people buy micro transactions, and came under fire from the player-base, and they quickly changed things because they looked at Battlefront 2, who also tried to push the " free players have to play for 1 year, while you can just pay to unlock everything" variety.com/2017/digital/news/…tion-loot-box-1202621913/ .

There are more example but these two are the most recent ones, and they perfect reflect this game we play as well. In Aion if you pay you can reach lvl 75 in 1 week, meanwhile if you don't, it will take you at least a year, perhaps a bit less if you really no life this game. You pay, you can also become stronger, and while you can achieve PvP gear as F2P, there will always be a huge gap and by the time you achieve this, a new patch will come that requires you to start from zero.

But you can say; ohh, but this game you can PvE for free!
      Well, not exactly, with the addition of PvE% gear, and bonus PvE% on PVE accessories, this aspect of the game will become p2w as well.

I strongly believe that this game can be very successful with just GoldPack/Monthly fee system, with a Micro-transaction shop consisting of convenience items and skins, not items that make you stronger.
      Rather than making the game better for the players, companies focus on profit, since it's a business after all and there's investors. But that's the wrong approach, and the numbers show it, Aion numbers are not the same as before.
    • there are many issues.
      Let's say first I have remembered:
      Now i am decent geared, but what to do in game? I log just for runatorium and arenas. Sometimes apes quest. That's all. To make me play, only shop changes wont help. Need to rework group pvp instances like BMR, Adred and group gold arena (in 3v3, better rewards). I mean you can gear up, but nothing to do with this gear. Maybe more pvp content, more entries, new locations for arenas at least. Neviwind canyon could be new loc for Chaos arena, i dont know :D
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

I understand it's mostly because Aion is barely a relevant game in today's world, and the outraged people left a long time ago.

But look at Destiny2 recent example ; bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46494

They made leveling harder in order to make people buy micro transactions, and came under fire from the player-base, and they quickly changed things because they looked at Battlefront 2, who also tried to push the " free players have to play for 1 year, while you can just pay to unlock everything" variety.com/2017/digital/news/…tion-loot-box-1202621913/ .

There are more example but these two are the most recent ones, and they perfect reflect this game we play as well. In Aion if you pay you can reach lvl 75 in 1 week, meanwhile if you don't, it will take you at least a year, perhaps a bit less if you really no life this game. You pay, you can also become stronger, and while you can achieve PvP gear as F2P, there will always be a huge gap and by the time you achieve this, a new patch will come that requires you to start from zero.

But you can say; ohh, but this game you can PvE for free!
      Well, not exactly, with the addition of PvE% gear, and bonus PvE% on PVE accessories, this aspect of the game will become p2w as well.

I strongly believe that this game can be very successful with just GoldPack/Monthly fee system, with a Micro-transaction shop consisting of convenience items and skins, not items that make you stronger.
      Rather than making the game better for the players, companies focus on profit, since it's a business after all and there's investors. But that's the wrong approach, and the numbers show it, Aion numbers are not the same as before.

Its all nice and dandy
      Ive faced people in MINIMAL GEAR (aka 73lvl SINGLE +15 AP 75 set +5 ap accs) that can demolish anyone even in +8 defensive accs/block-health/agili-str res set...
      There is no point of blaming Aion as a p2w game no amount of money can defeat a certain MAGIC ability that we all pretend doesnt exist.
    • Notable differences.

The titles you've just mentioned are 60 dollar premium games. On top of that you usually have to fork over another 50 bucks for a season pass. So for a complete game you have to pay 110 bucks. But the next step is locking away content so you will buy more lootboxes. Essentially making the 110 bucks you spend worthless. They are essentially taking the best (or worst) of both worlds, they want the full price sale AND the shitty F2P lootboxes on top of that. It's pure corporate greed.

Aion is a F2P game. You're not required to spend 110 bucks in the store to get access to the game. However, with that comes the bad side of the F2P model, and that means locking every side of progression behind a paywall or an insane amount of gameplay hours to make you spend. And they will make damn sure there will be new content as soon as possible to make the old gear obsolete so you will have to start buying some more of those sweet aion coins.

Don't like it? don't pay for it, or even better... don't play it.