How would you revive this game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How would you revive this game

Hello everyone,

as some of you have noticed, I have been absent, I quited (yes again) the game but I have not lost my hope.

Yesterday I logged in to check the new events, my experience since yesterday was horrendous (yes, again), no gold pack on broker, no one selling aion coins and dim sum.

So I thought to my self, what would I do to bring back this game at least to its former glory.
      I don’t hope to achieve the most positive reaction.

Here it goes boys and girls:

-(GF needs money to survive),keep the shop and events as they are, but reduce the insane prices you are asking for.
      - more and more active GM on the servers, having some kind of interaction with players, and apply the ban hammer on those blatantly cheating
      - ask for a patch to change the way ranking sistem works, either by introducing ranking solely based on pvp or by simply resetting for example every 3 months
      - more non shop related events, war faction events (guardian one) for example, pvp events, pvd events, etc.
      -realize that this is not Korean community, realize that this game needs a very different approach and business model in order to survive here. (You have been loosing money and fundings we both know that, and that entirely should be a huge warning for your company that you are doing it wrong, as you apply this business model to every game you publish)

This ain’t enough, I know, but I could list a lot more without any reaction, or just focus on what I think it is the more important as of 6 years ago.

I really don’t think it needs much more, some of you might scream about, how GF cannot change this and that, well they can ask for everything their hearts desire as long as it doesn’t change the aesthetics of the game.

Not everything that works on Korea, works around the rest of the world, we do not have a healthy community for a healthy broker to reach +20, let alone +35 like some Koreans.
      The shop is exclusively dedicated to richest people, so why not cut the prices at least in half and have more income by selling 3 times what you are selling now.

Anyway I hope some of you get my point, and share some ideas on how to bring new and old players back to the game.

Thank you all
      Yours sincerely AMAZEBALLS :saint:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Amazeballs ().

• You want a serious answer? Okay, I'll give it a try.

First off they have to remove this "we speak through a middle-man". We need a direct connection with whomever is in charge, be it one person, two, three, 100.

When you hire someone to read the forum and take notes of what people say, their opinion on how the game is going, what are the chances that person will report factually? Would you give your boss 99% negative feedback? And you know how the information game works, the more people it passes through, the more it is lost.
      So the key here is communication, no more using terms such as "soon" or "in the future". A person who is able to say, okay, we'll have server transfers, and actually have them. Not false promises.

Now they need to relax with the p2w events, p2w cash shop. Even some aspects that Korea implemented in the base game, Gameforge has the power to not implement those things and do things differently. Just because in Korea you can pay for everything does not mean that model will work in the west.
      There needs to be a better balance between pay-to-win and freetoplay, and by freetoplay I mean your average gold pack user, which, is not free because even if you pay with kinah or real money, Gameforge earns something. Unfortunately by design the game now resembles more of a Facebook game. But it can still be corrected a bit, give more exp events like the Halloween one, remove the "promo" events and actually have events like back in the day. Events that feel rewarding, not events that you'd gain way more by just doing normal PvE rather than doing the event ( pretty much all the Shugo instances except old one that was recently were useless ).

I would rethink the "Gold Pack" system, as you can see on my server at least the gold pack is 200m+ which for new players is ???. This alone will make the game die, because new players will run away if they see that price. I know it's raised by them with the veteran levels, but I doubt it will go down anytime soon.

Reduce RNG in game. There's no way cellatu potions have a place in Aion. Nor do the new godstones. Want to actually make the game better? Remove those.

Fix the leveling rewards, the pink level npc rewards as they feel very outdated and useless. Incentivize faction rewards for better balance ( wanna hear a simple solution? offer the losing faction 50% buff and see what happens ), fix the "brilliant starter pack" in cash shop, as it's useless now because you get better gear from the level 10 and 55 quest.

Actually spend some money on advertising, either buy ads, hire a PR firm, do something.

The focus has to be on "how can we make the game better" not how can we make a quick buck, oh I have an idea let's add new veteran rewards!! oh no, I have another one, let's add lottery!!. No.

You can honestly tell they have no idea what they are doing because they wanted to nerf the tower of challenge rewards, they already nerfed Luna rewards ( which btw, the only thing needing nerf were weekly rewards, the daily was fine ) and instead of fixing those instances they took months to create "Hero Trials" system, which seems to be buggy to some people. They opened 4 new servers with zero advertisement rather than 1 international one. The list can go on, it's very long.

At this point I'm putting my faith into a Korean patch that might change things fundamentally, but I don't see Gameforge correcting a lot of these issues. And these are just from the top of my head, I'm sure if I did a bit of research this post would be x3 bigger.
    • I take you for a serious person, ofc I want a serious answer:D

I completely agree with you, you managed to get somehow more in depth of the actual issues, so thank you for that.

(I’m at work, there is only so much time I can spend here:S)

Regarding the new GS, I can give you an example on my experience, I go into arena 1v1, a glad with bind GS on extend, kept me binded for roughly 80% of the first encounter, than I managed to lock my bind, guess what

HE HAD FEAR GS ON DW.
      • Gameforge would need to seriously step up their communication. A forum CM is not enough. The same information needs to be distributed to all languages at the same time, important information needs to be out on their homepage, on facebook and twitter, not just hidden away on the forum.
        Rules about exploitable bugs and so on must be communicated publicly. GF staff, and especially support staff, need to have better internal communication.
      • Ask players for their opinion on things! Make use of the ingame surveys to reach out to the playerbase, or try to engage with them more often on twitter and facebook.
      • Actually take player feedback into consideration. It's particularly obvious that GF don't care when they keep bringing back the card event, which always gets a lot of complaints and negative ratings from most of the players.
      • Give permanent bans for hacking, or do it the old way where the hacker's account is stripped of all possessions for a first time offense, permanent ban for a second time.
      • To improve the gold pack situation for new players/players that need them for playtime and not simply for extra rewards -> make a separate pack for the rewards and give one-time "tickets" to these packs through the VR system and the shop so the original idea of old players being rewarded for still playing still stands, but won't affect GP prices for people who need them for playtime.
      • The enchantment system is being reworked again in the future, I think? Anyway with the current speed of patches, something needs to be done atm. Either up the drop rate of apes or increase the chance for black stones.
      • Cap accessory enchantment at +5, bracelets at +7.
      • Disable 75 transforms in pvp instances.
      • Change silence/blind/paralyse godstones back to 5%/5s and 2%/5s. Remove the fear/bind/aetherhold etc godstones.
      • Up the drop rates of manastones and crafting materials in open world and instances.
      • Enable cross-server groups for pvp instances.
      • Merge servers so we'd have 2 international, 2 (1?) french, 2 (1?) german and 1 polish server. Pangaea is possible with fewer servers, and it makes no sense to let the servers suffer from underpopulation just to enable a 1-time-per-week raid which many don't even participate in. As for worries about pandaemonium and sanctum battlefields, it will cease to exist soon anyway.
      • Implement monthly % reduction in HP so newer players have a chance to achieve a high rank too. Maybe 10% per month? 20?
      • Possibly open one (1) progression nostalgia server if it would look viable (check with ingame survey if people are interested). Start at 2.7 or so and gradually update until 4.7 or so and keep it there. Would be best if some maps were excluded from the updates, such as signia/vengar, akaron and kaldor, to avoid spreading the playerbase too much.
        This would need to be advertised a bit, but it could bring back people who still love this game but dislike the way it's developing. Currently active players that miss tiamaranta eye or katalam could play on that server when they are not doing their daily stuff on main servers, instead of going to play another game.
        This point is fairly self-indulgent, and I know it's easy to blind yourself to the actual general opinion since one usually surrounds oneself with likeminded people, but I think it would be possible for this to be quite popular.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Hakurin: added points. ().

• @Hakurin

Even though this are valid steps towards a proper funcional game, I think there are a lot more suggestions that could be added.

Nonetheless I took my time reading everything, and you are on point, I don’t mind for example the current accessory system as long as there would be a proper economic situation where you could afford eventually make +7EU, +9KoR Without waiting for VR reset.

I hope more people give their input and read everything is posted here.
    • Amazeballs wrote:

@Hakurin

Even though this are valid steps towards a proper funcional game, I think there are a lot more suggestions that could be added.

Nonetheless I took my time reading everything, and you are on point, I don’t mind for example the current accessory system as long as there would be a proper economic situation where you could afford eventually make +7EU, +9KoR Without waiting for VR reset.

I hope more people give their input and read everything is posted here.
      Of course there are many suggestions that can be added, there has been many flaws since the beginning of this game and only a handful have been addressed. As I mostly play aion for the group pvp my views are biased that way and I think of addressing the points that affect that the most.
      I would prefer if people could be as equal in gear as possible, and with limitless accessory enchantment that unfortunately increased the gear gap between p2w players and people not willing to cash in money or huge amounts of time. Before 5.x everyone has more or less the same stuff - +5 accessories, +5-7 feather, +15 ap gear with composites.
    • No need to go to in depth analysis about the game's mechanics, when even the simpliest measures arent taken into consideration. Lets keep it simple for Gameforge to actually keep up with the information, and pray they'll actually try for ONCE to make the game viable and enjoyable since its obvious we are at the end of the line.
    • @Cyv you absolutely nailed with the “end of the line”!

There are no better words to describe the current situation.
      For me there is no in between now, either they step it up or let this almost dead game go into oblivion.
    • Hakurin wrote:

• Gameforge would need to seriously step up their communication. A forum CM is not enough. The same information needs to be distributed to all languages at the same time, important information needs to be out on their homepage, on facebook and twitter, not just hidden away on the forum.
        Rules about exploitable bugs and so on must be communicated publicly. GF staff, and especially support staff, need to have better internal communication.
      • Ask players for their opinion on things! Make use of the ingame surveys to reach out to the playerbase, or try to engage with them more often on twitter and facebook.
      • Actually take player feedback into consideration. It's particularly obvious that GF don't care when they keep bringing back the card event, which always gets a lot of complaints and negative ratings from most of the players.
      • Give permanent bans for hacking, or do it the old way where the hacker's account is stripped of all possessions for a first time offense, permanent ban for a second time.
      • To improve the gold pack situation for new players/players that need them for playtime and not simply for extra rewards -> make a separate pack for the rewards and give one-time "tickets" to these packs through the VR system and the shop so the original idea of old players being rewarded for still playing still stands, but won't affect GP prices for people who need them for playtime.
      • The enchantment system is being reworked again in the future, I think? Anyway with the current speed of patches, something needs to be done atm. Either up the drop rate of apes or increase the chance for black stones.
      • Cap accessory enchantment at +5, bracelets at +7.
      • Disable 75 transforms in pvp instances.
      • Change silence/blind/paralyse godstones back to 5%/5s and 2%/5s. Remove the fear/bind/aetherhold etc godstones.
      • Up the drop rates of manastones and crafting materials in open world and instances.
      • Enable cross-server groups for pvp instances.
      • Merge servers so we'd have 2 international, 2 (1?) french, 2 (1?) german and 1 polish server. Pangaea is possible with fewer servers, and it makes no sense to let the servers suffer from underpopulation just to enable a 1-time-per-week raid which many don't even participate in. As for worries about pandaemonium and sanctum battlefields, it will cease to exist soon anyway.
      • Implement monthly % reduction in HP so newer players have a chance to achieve a high rank too. Maybe 10% per month? 20?
      • Possibly open one (1) progression nostalgia server if it would look viable (check with ingame survey if people are interested). Start at 2.7 or so and gradually update until 4.9 and keep it there. Would be best if some maps were excluded from the updates, such as akaron and kaldor, to avoid spreading the playerbase too much.
        This would need to be advertised a bit, but it could bring back people who still love this game but dislike the way it's developing. Currently active players that miss tiamaranta eye or katalam could play on that server when they are not doing their daily stuff on main servers, instead of going to play another game.
        This point is fairly self-indulgent, and I know it's easy to blind yourself to the actual general opinion since one usually surrounds oneself with likeminded people, but I think it would be possible for this to be quite popular.

What's sad is that you can make that list 3 times longer and you still wouldn't be close to everything that needs to be fixed asap.
    • Click wrote:

I like all this theory crafting going on forever yet nothing happened. Even tho so many good suggestions have been brought to the table over the years, nothing ever happened. You guys wasting your time, many of you are here for so long, you should know until now that Gameforge is ... nvm
      We just hope that those useless suckers see the numbers of the servers and how we lost another 10-20% off of every server on this last month alone and actually do something about it
    • Click wrote:

I like all this theory crafting going on forever yet nothing happened. Even tho so many good suggestions have been brought to the table over the years, nothing ever happened. You guys wasting your time, many of you are here for so long, you should know until now that Gameforge is ... nvm
      Hope dies last. This game has had and still has huge potential.

1st problem is see is NC’s complete iliteration regarding western mmorpg market.

2 problem I see is the publisher treating the western market exactly like they treat the Asian market except 5 x prices.

Those in my opinion are the biggest issues that are getting ignored.

I do not want to offend anyone, but I have a 6y old awesome kid, and I’m pretty sure that aion in his hands as a PD would double the income and would become a title to acknowledge.
    • Good promotions on decent sites and steam.
      Selling subscriptions for subscriptions not for abusing gp for kinah or elite rewards. ( if you got 4k players on 6 servers, 24k eur per month only for subs. if it is not abuseable).
      Sick skins, emotions, new skill emotions etc.. in shop. Ultra rare, sick looking skins in rng boxes for gamblers.
      Removing payable pvp content like mentioned above. Some sick decent content for shop whales which i cant remeber now.
      Better communication and more surveys for players on all servers for biggest decisions.
    • Click wrote:

Stallari wrote:

Different publisher. Only way to revive Aion, if not too late already.
      no publisher can repair the damage Gameforge has done to EU with their greediness and constant p2w exaggeration.
      It’s not too late @Click, yes there is a lot to be fixed, yes it needs everything to be implemented at once, and not step by step, yes it will be hard and yes GF needs to want this to get fixed, but it’s still double.