Starting Aion EU or NA and wich server?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Starting Aion EU or NA and wich server?

Heyho!

I played Aion some years ago and now wanted to get back into it.

But my question is: wich server would you suggest? NA? EU?
      wich Server is more Populated?
      Just the best experience to play on?
      And if i come to EU wich Srever would you suggest? Thor/Loki or fFregion (IM playing from germany)?

Thanks for all the answers!

Greetings
    • I agree but it's not uncommon. There are europeans that play in NA as there are americans that play on EU. Truth is, ping is going to kill you, then timezones, then low population and anything else. That was my experience in the past. The only thing better over there are the events imo.
    • FinallyGood wrote:

Heyho!

I played Aion some years ago and now wanted to get back into it.

But my question is: wich server would you suggest? NA? EU?
      wich Server is more Populated?
      Just the best experience to play on?
      And if i come to EU wich Srever would you suggest? Thor/Loki or fFregion (IM playing from germany)?

Thanks for all the answers!

Greetings
      Well as a former NA (siel) player, i abannoned my 5 star cleric fully geared (now a lowbie lvl 71) Simply because my battleping ran out and well i enver looked back. But the thing is to play on NA and play it for real you need ping reducer of some kind, and allso need instance pack and value pack. all in all it added up to be alot in the the end. Allso NA has only 2 servers now Danaria and Katalam.

what speaks for NA is simply rewards is better and its actully FREE TO PLAY you dont need some pack to use broker and etc...

Like on rewards side

Luna crafting:
      NA - you can craft mounts, pets, cabins, shop skins and etc... and luna stuff cost less luna coins
      EU - you cant get all that i just mentioned its limited and more expensive to use luna coins

EVENTS
      NA - rewards are better and less p2w
      EU - reduced rewards and more p2w

Ncsoft not so much p2w as GF is.

so if you can handle the ping and the ommunity and the time schedul on NA then go there. Or else suck it up and be on EU with the rest of us and still ahve hope for GF will do soemthing that benefit players and not only GF wallet.
    • Aviliana wrote:

what speaks for NA is simply rewards is better and its actully FREE TO PLAY you dont need some pack to use broker and etc...
      I've played there as well. That is misleading imo. Playing for free in NA is like playing in EU without gold pack but you have broker, trade and 8 char slots. Basically your instance cd's in NA are like here in EU without GP (try it). Then you add prestige pack and all kinds of stuff, which can't be bought from broker or players, like GP on EU, and you create a higher discrepancy between players. Who is more p2w? Then you add shop events, which are cheaper over there and a lot more expensive here, therefore less players buy stuff here. Again, which one is exactly more p2w? You said 5 stars rank but the ranking there was different from what I remember, you could just buy your rank, and less players were playing in general.
    • failboat wrote:

Aviliana wrote:

I've played there as well. That is misleading imo. Playing for free in NA is like playing in EU without gold pack but you have broker, trade and 8 char slots. Basically your instance cd's in NA are like here in EU without GP (try it). Then you add prestige pack and all kinds of stuff, which can't be bought from broker or players, like GP on EU, and you create a higher discrepancy between players. Who is more p2w? Then you add shop events, which are cheaper over there and a lot more expensive here, therefore less players buy stuff here. Again, which one is exactly more p2w? You said 5 stars rank but the ranking there was different from what I remember, you could just buy your rank, and less players were playing in general.
      You dont need prestige pack you can get the same buy buying instance pack from players and value pack. This is what i did when i played i didnt buy ncoins for a very long time nor got prestige pack. And yes you can "buy" your rank but they changed the AP to GP(HP) so its only soemtiems you can actully do this and yet you actully has to work your butt off to get the AP Trust me i didnt buy my way to a 5 star it was pvp instance and alot of SWB. but now where the Ap gear aint really rank based it dosnt matter what rank you are unless you want to join pangea.

If i had the better ping on NA i would move back simply i think the Gold apck situation is BS. Ofc the econemy there is bad but again its easy to make kinah since you dont need to be bound nor limited to get Gold packs.
    • That is true but you're missing out on some things if you want to pvp. You have to buy the best title yourself while here they are in the GP, and you're missing on some additional movement speed from that prestige pack. That is why I wouldn't call it f2p.

And then you have plenty of events like they have now. Make a plume or bracelet +7/+8/+9/+10 and you get these and these rewards. Of course all the temperings are in the shop. At least the majority of our serums come from VR and the investment in 40 GP (lvl 70 VR) paid off in serums in like a year (118 serums).
    • failboat wrote:

That is true but you're missing out on some things if you want to pvp. You have to buy the best title yourself while here they are in the GP, and you're missing on some additional movement speed from that prestige pack. That is why I wouldn't call it f2p.

And then you have plenty of events like they have now. Make a plume or bracelet +7/+8/+9/+10 and you get these and these rewards. Of course all the temperings are in the shop. At least the majority of our serums come from VR and the investment in 40 GP (lvl 70 VR) paid off in serums in like a year (118 serums).
      Well you forgetting that serums and apes are easy uptained in NA where they drop from mobs/boxes in instance. Allso the events gives alot more apes and serums then on EU i allways could stash up a good amount from events by litterly not spending a penny.

Allso if you want the title you can buy codes on aion, and get it. But its not a dead need thing. Like Eu you NEED Gp to do basic things. And allso in any game you want to be in the top of the top (unless you are a no lifer farmer) then you to cash at soem point.
    • The chance to get serum and apes from mobs is exactly the same as here, something that is close to nonexistent. The only way to get is from luna boxes, and those drop here too but at a much lower chance (got 5 apes 1 serum in a month from luna in EU). What is the difference between buying aion codes with your own money and buy GP in game, that gives you titles, serum, apes and other stuff?
    • failboat wrote:

The chance to get serum and apes from mobs is exactly the same as here, something that is close to nonexistent. The only way to get is from luna boxes, and those drop here too but at a much lower chance (got 5 apes 1 serum in a month from luna in EU). What is the difference between buying aion codes with your own money and buy GP in game, that gives you titles, serum, apes and other stuff?
      Well i dont see 65 rentus drop apes... on NA i farmed that instance solo for exp and apes and i could get 1-2 pr run ofc unlucky runs aswell with 0. As i know those instance mobs do not drop and i mean REGULAR mobs not the boss. boxes in SWB dropped regular apes aswell there was usally atleast 1 pr run. But unfortunelly the bots on NA allso makes the prices more reasoneble compared to the incoem you get. on EU apes are like 60mil on Na its the same. But NA has inflation big time so 60 mil is like 5mil on EU. So dont tell me there is the same flow of items on both aion. cause their aint. EU is holding back and making it more deffelcult to get stuff.

and you can buy aion codes for Kinah, but its a trust matter situation in that case is the code real or fake.
    • please, if you are so against EU then leave it be
      why stress yourself out and do something you hate instead of something you enjoy
      the comparisons with NA never did change anything, they have been here since GF took over, which is now close to 6 years
      you have all the time people complaining and comparing, I read too many of those, and still nothing has changed in GFs model

and correct me if I am wrong but NA is down to 2 servers right? and less players? just saying
    • Aviliana wrote:

But unfortunelly the bots on NA allso makes the prices more reasoneble compared to the incoem you get. on EU apes are like 60mil on Na its the same. But NA has inflation big time so 60 mil is like 5mil on EU.
      The bots are making kinah for themselves or for the players that own the bots. If I am legit and make 5m in NA, by myself, it is still 5m for me, it is not 60m, unless I proceed and buy kinah from them (which is obviously illegal) or buy stuff from the shop and sell. It will feel like having less because a lot of the other stuff are more expensive but basic stuff like serums (tempering) you can buy directly from shop, 20 pcs is like 4000 coins, that is why the market is flooded with cheap serums.