Returning - how's the game atm?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Returning - how's the game atm?

I'm contemplating a grand return, but I need to know some things first.

- How much money do I need to spend in the shop to be competitive?

- How difficult is it to gear up properly from virtually zero? (since old gear is worth nothing now lol)

- How long till I can be of any use in endgame pvp or even pve?

- How much solo grind is needed nowadays?

- Are hackers still being ignored?

- Are the servers more stable? I used to violently fluctuate between 30 and 150 ping, totally made sin unplayable.

- How's pvp balance in general?

Thanks for all answers in advance.
    • Vane wrote:

the more, the merrier

Vane wrote:

- How difficult is it to gear up properly from virtually zero? (since old gear is worth nothing now lol)
      without money it'll take you a couple months.

Vane wrote:

a couple months.

Vane wrote:

a fuckton if you want to be 75.

Vane wrote:

yep

Vane wrote:

- Are the servers more stable? I used to violently fluctuate between 30 and 150, totally made sin unplayable.
      idk german ping here

Vane wrote:

bad
      Achievement: Get renamed on forums
    • Vane wrote:

Not much since client hacks brutally r***pe any amount of money (aka full mres/msupp/block set with 0 crits and 0 attack still can destroy people)

Not much since client hacks brutally r***pe any amount of gear (aka full mres/msupp/block set with 0 crits and 0 attack still can destroy people)

If u cheat in couple of weeks

Not much since client hacks brutally r***pe any amount of level (aka full mres/msupp/block set with 0 crits and 0 attack still can destroy people)

The religion of p2w is strong no matter how many client hackers own the religious nolifers

- Are the servers more stable? I used to violently fluctuate between 30 and 150 ping, totally made sin unplayable.

Time to buy wtfast the only worthwhile p2w

Not much since client hacks brutally r***pe anyone (aka full mres/msupp/block set with 0 crits and 0 attack still can destroy people)

Bold
    • Vane wrote:

- Do you want to be competitive now, or 1 year from now? If the answer is 1 year from now, you don't have to pay, you just have to play a lot, especially during events that are good ( which lately, not many )

- Very easy to gear up these days, easier than 4.*, pretty much you do Hero Trials for APES on multiple characters, and do LoK with them for Supplements, that's how you enchant items, and manastones you do the weekly Luna.
      You also get good leveling gear at lvl 10 and 55, that's good enough to run LoK ( if ur a mage class.. u need crit if physical )

- Level 69 you can start doing LoK and Arkhal etc. etc.

- I don't solo grind personally, Aion these days is more instances/cooldown based.

- Dunno about hackers, still haven't fully geared for PvP but I assume it's the same as it has always been.

- Less players now, makes the ping better!

- I guess Sm/templar/chanter/bard etc. are top of the chain, again, haven't done much PvP yet still gearing.

Definitely worth returning, even with a bad publisher. There just aren't any good MMO's atm, or coming out soon.
    • Cyv wrote:

I wonder how people still return to this game with all the current sh*t going on
      Well...I just really miss the good old days (2009-2012 pre-3.0) and I can't find an mmo that would satisfy me, so here I am

Asking questions on the forum is free and takes no effort.

Is the game playable? I read somewhere, to my big surprise, that apparently AionEU is doing the best atm. I had to visit the forums and see for myself, maybe get some non-ambiguous answers. I quit NA because the ping was killing me, and paying extra for WTFast was a downer.

My friend discouraged me to return very strongly. According to him the game is extremely p2w and people in p2w amazing gear will steamroll you even if you're fairly geared yourself.

[NICK]n00b wrote:

- Do you want to be competitive now, or 1 year from now? If the answer is 1 year from now, you don't have to pay, you just have to play a lot, especially during events that are good ( which lately, not many )
      I don't mind paying some, I just wanted to know how much. 100 Euros? 1000 Euros? Don't really feel like spending a lot tbh...but I can spend some.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vane ().

• I did the same recently, returned after a couple years. If you start new, leveling up to 66 (high daeva) is easy with the free gear you get. After that, getting to 75 takes a loooot of time. There are daily solo instances to help you with that. Gearing for free doesn't seem hard, the more characters you have the better. You need Apes+supplements for enchanting, not tradeable but the pvp and pve gear is tradeable, so are the medals for pvp gear. Seems easier than in the past but it will eat your time the more chars you have. It is also nice to have more chars for events.If you want to spend on something, probably gold packs, if you don't want to buy them from players. Aion EU is indeed doing better than other regions, there are a lot more players and probably because going p2w here is a lot more expensive than other regions.
    • Thanks for the replies.

Guess I'll take a look. I'm just really bored and can't find an mmo and I miss this game's atmosphere and pvp.

Think I'll roll an SM (yeah I know...stone me)
    • Vane wrote:

Cyv wrote:

I wonder how people still return to this game with all the current sh*t going on
      Well...I just really miss the good old days (2009-2012 pre-3.0) and I can't find an mmo that would satisfy me, so here I am
      Asking questions on the forum is free and takes no effort.

Is the game playable? I read somewhere, to my big surprise, that apparently AionEU is doing the best atm. I had to visit the forums and see for myself, maybe get some non-ambiguous answers. I quit NA because the ping was killing me, and paying extra for WTFast was a downer.

My friend discouraged me to return very strongly. According to him the game is extremely p2w and people in p2w amazing gear will steamroll you even if you're fairly geared yourself.

[NICK]n00b wrote:

I don't mind paying some, I just wanted to know how much. 100 Euros? 1000 Euros? Don't really feel like spending a lot tbh...but I can spend some.
      My answer is only in reference to the last paragraph, as even though the game has a necrosis infection and no antibiotics, I truly believe that we should not discourage and welcome every single new player.

So, if you want to get on top of the top of the food chain, is safe to assume, about 10 thousand Euros. This includes, gear,estimas,feathers,bracelet, and a good governor rank, now before some of you try to smash me for my post, there are some other cheaper options, that I definitely can’t and won’t mention here. This basically regards a new player and your question of how much
      Money is needed.
    • Evita wrote:

I would wait till more info is out on 6.0 before you go fully out
      now is the right moment to start cause XP event, but regarding the investments I would really wait till more information is out
      see 6.0 First Info
      We still don't have 5.8 ... 6.0 is more likely in 2019-th ... IF Aion EU still exists... :) As I see we have new CM ... what about Galeas? He's New PD? :)
    • nodeone wrote:

We still don't have 5.8 ... 6.0 is more likely in 2019-th ... IF Aion EU still exists... :) As I see we have new CM ... what about Galeas? He's New PD? :)
      well as much as I would like that - no
      Galeas is on holiday
      Community Guidelines

For balic atreia

Brigade General Sita of the 40th Army: What do you think about that? Isn't it exciting?

• well in short if you must start from lvl 66 (basicly 0) it will take you a few months of PURE grind and farm, not even enjoying things only farm farm farm unless you pull out your wallet and shop for goldpacks while sell for a huge load atm,
      Gear wise the game is insanely unbalanced, and pvp groups are also pretty insane setups making them unbeatable, if you arn't lvl 75 or 73+ with full gear you shouldn't bother with the current people, merge will happen soon new and old servers will mix creating seperate groups because most already hated their old server and rerolled just to get back into that server, so my advice is rolling deyla as many will move to deyla, so the population will grow and more chance on runs

as for the pay 2 win currently ingame incase you wonder, it is still doable if you enjoy pve but pvp wise it pretty much has killed the whole point of work for your stuff, months of time being cancel'd by just mere euros, and items such as Antrishka weapons (strongest Basic stat pvp weapon) being a Pay only event reward, never on a free one this is just straight up unfair... because currently servers team in pangea making it impossible for whoever doesn't team to win, some servers already fully gave up on it (pangea is a server x server x server x server Siege battle 100 players)

hackers will always stay in this game as like in every other game... aslong as Gameforge doesn't use a proper Anti-hack it is pretty much impossible to detect these 3th party programs, but atm it is a very big hype for people to use Synapse, scripts, AutoHotKey, to create skill macros, auto auto attacking basicly and other various ways of making your skills move at Computer speed instead of human pressing,

also depending on the server you pick or are located in, the mentality can be quite bad, as for lok as example i see a load of people not bothering with lower levels, so the game atm is NOT low level friendly, only around lvl 72 - 73 do you get 100% invited for small instances pvp wise only if the leader knows you
    • Vane wrote:

Think I'll roll an SM (yeah I know...stone me)
      dont worry no need, you're doing it yourself :D every1 will be killing you 1st ;D
      PS since u mentioned u wanna pvp, my advice would be-> when u get some levels and basic stuff, start trying to look for people to play with and if u manage to find ppl u wanna pvp with focus on your pvp defensive gear 1st , coz as a part of pvp group u'd be essentially the tank in it eating all the initial dmg.

as for gear , if u make many chars u'll be getting pretty nice money during events and from daily/weekly runs of instances. If you're old player i'd asume u got some brain how to play the game, so once u play few days/1-2 weeks u'll get back in ~shape and i'll highly advice u to avoid groups such as "LoK 73+" etc as they usually end up in ppl recruiting others to carry them. And when u start in the begining untill u learn the isntances just stay in the back and watch how they work and how your group pulls / (or why they die, which is in most cases :S)

Vane wrote:

pve wise mid/semi-end depending on how much time u play per day 1-4 weeks
      as for narakali stat could take u anywhere between 1 and 3 months depending on time spend.
      pvp wise basic gear if u play only with 1 char would take u a lot of time as well may be 1month+
      for proper set will take u around 2-3 months i suppse (given u skip the basic arena stuff to avoid spending kinah) as for weapon will be a bit slower due to the prices, in reality they're not super high regarding the current standard prices, but you'll need every bit of starting money to get basic stuff so u dont walk around naked and u are able to join groups. PvP accesories.. now here gets interesting depending on your luck u might need anywhere between 3 and 7-8 months to make them yourself. and buying ready ones wouldnt come exactly cheap either, but seems a better solution in some cases.

Vane wrote:

currently strongest classes are temp>chanter>bard>at/gunner>else if we talk about solo. for group pvp i wouldnt say there is any superior classes, its more how good your group coordination is and how well they know their classes.

PS. since u choose to play sm, if u have any questions regarding the class, or leveling etc etc whatever feel free to throw me a Private msg.
    • Dont listen ppl on forum most of them dont play and Just share hate. Game is easy this days if u know what to do, for pvp is easy make pvp eqip,Just make main character and when u buy gp make 7 alt clerics for tower of chalange. Buy there holy maze eqip, arkhal acc and u can earn many free kinah for MS, stigma and 32 kk free for doing that. Last round i did with cler earn 120kk so plus u can easy go lok and other inst like cler, Also u dont need healing stigma for that. Exp main is easy too, solo adma, lab then lok and gok easy lvl UP. Every 7 week u have free 30x +6 MS of your chose from weekly luna. Each char got 30 MS so if u do one acc its 240 MS and one afk run take 23 mins. I dont pay € to gf and still i have gp for 700 Day, some kkk gear UP and making next acc of alts, and I play maybe 15 hours per week so.
    • t0re wrote:

dont worry no need, you're doing it yourself every1 will be killing you 1st ;D
      PS since u mentioned u wanna pvp, my advice would be-> when u get some levels and basic stuff, start trying to look for people to play with and if u manage to find ppl u wanna pvp with focus on your pvp defensive gear 1st , coz as a part of pvp group u'd be essentially the tank in it eating all the initial dmg.
      I'm not too worried about that. I remember how to play and how to avoid death. Although it was back in 2.0, but I was a very decent SM. People had a very hard time killing me in Dredgion especially. And I even had 200-250 pings, because it was on NA.

t0re wrote:

currently strongest classes are temp>chanter>bard>at/gunner>else if we talk about solo. for group pvp i wouldnt say there is any superior classes, its more how good your group coordination is and how well they know their classes.
      Not surprised about temp, it's been the strongest class since...forever. But very gear hungry. Chanter kinda surprises me. Last time I played Aion chanter was 100% support and worst class for solo pvp.

I'm only worried about: p2w, hackers, finding a good legion, needing to sacrifice my life to get ahead xD.