6.0 First Info

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Neko wrote:

    Opranger wrote:

    News from russian publisher. 4Game anounced that they won't provide 6.0 ( disastrous patch, kr aion fans even made note of protest) and will focus on 6.2 in autumn. For now they kept 5.8 ( quite a lucrative though) to prevent servers from sudden death. So, It's obvious that GF will follow this trend and most righteous thing now is to create next thread Aion 6.2 First Info
    source?
    Dude trust me.

    On-Topic: Why should GF skip 6.0 again?
  • We skipped in 4.0 the first patch and got 4.0.2, we skipped the first 5.0 patch and got 5.0.2. A skip of the "vanilla" 6.0 patch would make sense and is nothing special, since we had no big additions for 6.0 in KR. We will see. But whatever.. source please.
    Sorry for my english =(
  • in 4.0.2 they added a new class, many instances, gearsets etc., is that a small additon compared to the basic 4.0 version? 6.2 is also just a small addition. 6.2 dont deserve a new 2nd version number imo, but whatever was their reason to higher the version number, or even skip 6.1~
    Sorry for my english =(
  • Ask for confirmation at 4game, surf their Aion thread for this questionnaire or ask at 6.X news thread there. Admins and player's leftovers are nice to any other aion fan :D Ru aion streamer reffered to it recently and stated eta to august-september. Rare case when youtube reccomendation at least a bit relevant :P

    Why should gf skip it? Well. Check 6.2, check 6.0, and try to find out yourself :D

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Opranger ().

  • It doesn't really matter. So far RU did things different than NA/EU, don't expect we automatically follow. And timing matters more than the patch. It's good for RU that they aim for Autum, as releasing (6.0 probably) during the summer isn't a great idea because of less players in general.

    I was also pointing out more of how indecisive players are, not that it matters the patch number and the ones skipped.
  • 6.0 was planned for july. But cuz of certain factors is reconsidered seemingly. Also even ru got a lot of troubles with getting infos from KR atm.
    I would not point at players indecisiveness. People are different and play in different ways for different aims. Also, it is clear that 6.0 will most probably attract some players in the beginning, but after they find out essential of this patch they will mostly leave after 1 week and poor half-sunk atreia will become even more deserted than before. In any case, the old fashioned Aion won't be back, and any change that NC soft will provide will be accepted only by the complete lunatics. :D

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Opranger ().

  • And what did you prognose? That aion players will please NC soft to make proper changes, rollback? :D Something tells me that NC crap in the 1st place obligated to work on the game in the proper way to please and amuse their auditory, and look how it is now :D Dev even doesn't bother and intentionally secure upcoming changes/patchnotes in order to avoid player's attempst to minimize losses from new patches ( and decrease planned revenues) :D This is ridiculuos :D The company that provide specific public services conceals details and mispresent own activity with lousy excuces and other lame methods. How it can be called if not form of fraud? :D It is surrealistic. How patch is named, Refill? haha. And look what GF doing doing, since Luna never was implemented in Korea, and provided only for regions GF representatives still got face to state they don't affect upcoming changes for EU. It is contradicting itself, since it seems they got authority to act as middlemen between EU community and that NC crap, why they are not looking for proper methods to interact and oblige devs to now screw this game? For example, sending properly assembled questionnaire to emails to quiited users, surveys etc. It is just basic marketing activity. Since then tables turned in such way that community is obligated to accept changes and not publisher obligated to please community? :D What Aion team thinks about this, huh, Galeas?

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Opranger ().

  • that the game will die soon after 6.0 release due to the huge hype about it while most of the ppl will get frustrated with the patch and just stop playing all along few months after release. I didnt play 6.0 myself but from all i read and watched i didnt see a single thing that i can say i like and unfortunately most i can say i just hate. As i said before, i trully trully hope i am wrong! Probably if the community somehow manages to survive till 6.5 or w/e the middle patch will be it should be fine coz NC seems to think only after they shoot.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by t0re ().

  • t0re wrote:

    that the game will die soon after 6.0 release due to the huge hype about it while most of the ppl will get frustrated with the patch and just stop playing all along few months after release. I didnt play 6.0 myself but from all i read and watched i didnt see a single thing that i can say i like and unfortunately most i can say i just hate. As i said before, i trully trully hope i am wrong! Probably if the community somehow manages to survive till 6.5 or w/e the middle patch will be it should be fine coz NC seems to think only after they shoot.
    Oh really? Check how each of their game ended up :D The only thing that keeps Aion up is their Project TL release date seemingly and greed to squiz last juices from hardcore aion fans :D
  • t0re wrote:

    that the game will die soon after 6.0 release due to the huge hype about it while most of the ppl will get frustrated with the patch and just stop playing all along few months after release. I didnt play 6.0 myself but from all i read and watched i didnt see a single thing that i can say i like and unfortunately most i can say i just hate. As i said before, i trully trully hope i am wrong! Probably if the community somehow manages to survive till 6.5 or w/e the middle patch will be it should be fine coz NC seems to think only after they shoot.
    The amount of players in KR is pretty high currently. It cant be that bad, you always have haters and core players who complain about everything they see. 6.0 feels rushed and not complete, yes, but they have a better concept than with 5.0, I look forward and hope they improve the game on the new base they created with 6.0. For me the 5.8 patch is my death. No valuable content left and PvE for PvP gear + the insane imbalance and p2w content... just unbelivable and for me unplayable.
    Sorry for my english =(
  • It's the opposite. There are thousands of complains about Aion and NC, there were like 2 online petitions for that. All happened after 6.0. Koreans complain that the only way to progress in NC games is by paying.
    edit: and here the link

    t0re wrote:

    that the game will die soon after 6.0 release due to the huge hype about it while most of the ppl will get frustrated with the patch and just stop playing all along few months after release. I didnt play 6.0 myself but from all i read and watched i didnt see a single thing that i can say i like and unfortunately most i can say i just hate. As i said before, i trully trully hope i am wrong! Probably if the community somehow manages to survive till 6.5 or w/e the middle patch will be it should be fine coz NC seems to think only after they shoot.
    I wasn't hyped to begin with. There are for sure some changes that I personally like, some I don't, but overall it's pretty much the same type of content, except it's even worse for pleb tier players and better for the game. I can explain why, in the spoiler below.

    Display Spoiler

    What is Aion missing, compared with other of their created games, is more p2w to survive. Strange, isn't it? And NC is headed in that direction imo. Right now, if I put in the effort, like those crazy people with 20-30 accounts, I can probably be as equal as someone that pays for the game regularly. Whales don't feel very amused by this, neither is NC.

    I tried recently some L2. They added a new big patch called "salvation". Strange name because nothing drops anymore, no items from raids, no items from mobs, no adena to cover even the teleports fee. So you resort to some tiring content to do quest to get some miserable amount of adena (sounds like 6.0 aion), or to the cash store as most do. In the same time they added more and more items to the cash store, items that can't be obtained from game. Now, because regular top items are so hard to obtain, you will see plenty of items that start with 100b-200b adena (yes, billions), while a mob drops like 500 adena or nothing as most of them. I need years just to farm for one item. In the same time cash shop items seems to appear one after another and they cost even more. To make a decent character in L2, for pvp, you need 2-3 trillion adena, which translates to like 20k-25k usd on NC store, and that isn't with the best tier items. Guess what, there are lots of people that invest that much. Because they op over plebs and nobody can kill them, only others like them. Literally 2 parties of f2p plebs can try but won't succeed. This is the type of game whales prefer. And guess what, L2 is doing better than Aion, both in sales or server activity. BnS is doing even better than both, that probably because I'd also prefer newer game engine, fluid combat, but p2w is also through the roof there.


    Opranger wrote:

    Oh really? Check how each of their game ended up :D The only thing that keeps Aion up is their Project TL release date seemingly and greed to squiz last juices from hardcore aion fans :D
    They ended up better than Aion :D

    The post was edited 2 times, last by failboat ().

  • failboat wrote:

    It's the opposite. There are thousands of complains about Aion and NC, there were like 2 online petitions for that. All happened after 6.0. Koreans complain that the only way to progress in NC games is by paying.
    Their population and the top played gamed in KR is prooving the opposite: gamemeca.com/popup/ranking.php?scode=O

    One of the linked petition is more about the general fact of monetaisation of their games and I never would deny the fact that this is their goal, but 6.0 is doing much better than 5.8 right now. We will see how it will perform in EU. We are a littebit different and GF has still a higher amount of players than KR with 5.8. I bet many of the signers are old players who started again in 6.0 and got frustrated very fast and the majority isn't playing anymore. Also a change in this direction, if the petitions will end in something good, will be good for us too (content wise).
    Sorry for my english =(
  • iduk wrote:

    The amount of players in KR is pretty high currently. It cant be that bad, you always have haters and core players who complain about everything they see. 6.0 feels rushed and not complete, yes, but they have a better concept than with 5.0, I look forward and hope they improve the game on the new base they created with 6.0. For me the 5.8 patch is my death. No valuable content left and PvE for PvP gear + the insane imbalance and p2w content... just unbelivable and for me unplayable.
    Going straight to the point, stating the fact of the high population existence based on own groundless judgments and charts that represent unknown variables and ignoring fact of existence few dozens servers with around 4k max capacity from which only 6 left , completely nullify value and reliability of words and opinions you are spitting, dude. What about haters and other, it is me who as subscriber and user has to pleased with services they provide, not vice versa as you think.

    failboat wrote:



    They ended up better than Aion :D
    MXM - recent victim of NC policies :D I got your point, being just dead is better than to be half-dead and constantly defouled :D