Just got told old aion might come back in some way.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I liked old pvp, before enchanted accessories, feathers, pvp wings, bracelets, estimas, rank based gears, minions, transformations, safezones, illusion godstones etc.
      I got tired of it somewhere along the way. Sure i could catch up to some degree, but i would never be able to compete with those who invested a lot more time
      or cash into it. So i'll just stick with pve.
    • Sophisticated wrote:

the only class that was rekt and nerfed to the ground. Just ask any sorc
      say what?
      the only nerf sorc ever recieved was caping the casting speed at 2.7
      other classes just got a more boosts than sorc over the patches, and lets be real it wasnt normal for 1 char to wipe entire group.
      trend is that every1 complain how his class got nerfed or smt. In reality all the classes recieved lots and lots of boosts and close to no nerfs. (only game chaning nerfs that we had were introdusing remove shock, MR cap, SM fear pvp duration decrease, gunner pistol pvp dmg nerf, UD resist rate decrease)

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().

• failboat wrote:

The old pvp was also imbalanced, nothing that I really miss. Sorcs could crit one shot me with glacial shards, thanks to non existing magic suppression. SM could fear back to back. The only thing I miss is that we didn't have gunners, bards and at's.
      I'd rather have that than this BS with msupp / block sets. At least everyone could "one-shot" everyone, now it's just clerics and temps running around with block sets. Good luck killing that. Temps are wayy too unbalanced with good gear now.
      Tomonori-Chanter
    • t0re wrote:

Sophisticated wrote:

the only class that was rekt and nerfed to the ground. Just ask any sorc
      say what?the only nerf sorc ever recieved was caping the casting speed at 2.7
      other classes just got a more boosts than sorc over the patches, and lets be real it wasnt normal for 1 char to wipe entire group.
      trend is that every1 complain how his class got nerfed or smt. In reality all the classes recieved lots and lots of boosts and close to no nerfs. (only game chaning nerfs that we had were introdusing remove shock, MR cap, SM fear pvp duration decrease, gunner pistol pvp dmg nerf, UD resist rate decrease)
      That is true, some people might not remember how sorcs could solo an entire group. I played against asmo sorcs, so you could imagine.

Lots of classes received buffs but for me it felt like nothing for years. I've played chanter right from the very start. Every range could kite this class, there was no way to get rid of slows and roots beside ghp, which should have been reserved for silence or you couldn't remove shock and heal. Melee like plate, 100% stun/stumble resist, besides having a lot more damage. Your damage was pathetic, you had so many mantras and each on its own wasn't much boost, especially to you. With 3.0 the class got some nice improvement but it was still somewhere at the bottom list. At that point I was already playing other class. I was only after I quit (around 4.8) when I read about big changes to this class. A few days ago I was playing some glad alt and a similar chanter was kicking my rear so hard... then some days later I see in LoK chanter among the top dps... how tides have changed.
    • Chanter is not top dps at all, chanters were always doing decent dmg in pve it's just that 99% of chanters are bots with shield and mace thinking they are useful spamming healing light.

And you talk about glad alt..... probably with not great gear, the thing with this game where healing classes skills don't scale with gear is that the worse gear you have the more OP heals become as they give a set number and not a % of overall hp so with bad gear everybody's dmg is super low so heals look stupidly strong (it's the same reason people thought clerics were gods for the first year of the game because everybody had pve gear without attack speed for ages)
      twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
      facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!
    • I didn't say chanter is top dps, I said it was among them, and that was with randoms. I remember some years ago chanter was always at the bottom of dps lists.
      It's easy to see a class from outside point of view but chanter was a terrible pvp class, before the MA buff, before the stumble penetration, before second RS, before self cleanse, before jumping out of root/slows, before compressing mantras. You're forgetting that it was so bad that NC thought stigmas like healing conduit or promise of aether were good addition to this class. The concept of the class was nice but the class was shining for like 5 mins every half hour.
    • Do you think that was the problem, because some that you call them bots used mace and shield? I played with staff as well and also from the very start, the class was not performing as well as others. Did you reroll cleric because chanter was too good of a class?
    • which would be? it was 1shottign ppl in the begining coz standard w as 4-5k hp for the ppl and it just got higher later on and the dmg for light/shadow burst was just the same. at some point in 1.5 i had 7200hp and shadowburst was already taking only like 60% of my hp.
      if i remember corectly they did touch the skill but change wasnt significant

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().