Just got told old aion might come back in some way.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well I think every class can be good and seem OP just as any class can seem bad, just depends who is playing the character, with me playing it, no class is OP.

I too started with chanter, it was a good all round class for my first mmo game attempt. Ran it as a hybrid, damage + some heals for running duo. What killed it for me was when some new dungeons like Kata came along and all groups wanted chanters full support which left them with next to no real hitting power that is what makes them seem like bots with shields only wanted for their mantras and buffs. So I rerolled to cleric. I am sure people like riborn, misto, livo, click could take my characters into pvp even in their pve gear and make them seem good.
    • He is referring to something else. Tell me, in the history of Aion, when did chanters one shot other players or when did they perma stun or perma disabled other classes to death? That is the story of Sorc, SM, and Ranger to some degree. In the beginning chanters had less utilities so most of the time they were sitting ducks to any range, and plates were a challenge as well for them.
    • I know what you are saying, they did not have a big skill for things like that but what they did have was a lot of stuns and a buff that slowed the attack of enemy. But yes, many times I got killed by other classes that used root, sleep, silence I think top of my hate list at that time was rangers.
    • Yes back then when aion was still young and needed alot of improvement like each old game. Coming with new "balanced" skills, stats as ms and msupp etc, set abusing over the years. But in this state of the game 8 years later, there shoud not be such big class imbalance anymore and yet they still are. but lets hope for 6.0 to fix those things.

And 4.x + sorc was never ever the strongest class (pvp). It was strong but ppl also forget how much skilled and exp you need to be to play the class at full potential.
    • Hey guys,

As you can clearly see, both chanters and clerics are support classes.

A support class is a class with very limited combat abilities, which in no way shape or form should ever imagine to come close to comparing themselves with the DPS classes at locking down opponents and killing them.

A support class's strongest form is when they are fighting alongside other classes, which they support through healing and buffs, because this is their role.

Under no circumstance, shape, or form, is a support class meant to single-handedly kill a dps class with ease.
    • i suppose they made that for the chanters to make ppl start playing them coz lets be realistic chanters before 4.0-4.7 were a myth and most of the ppl playing them were thinking their job is to afk around their group... (ofc there are few exceptions but that was the majority)
      on the side note even tho some classes are stronger ,i'd say we have the smallest gap between "powers" in the different classes since the begining of aion. Absolutely every class can kill every class atm, 1-2 mistakes are enough to get u killed vs w/e u are playing
    • t0re wrote:

randomforumuser wrote:

but dps cleric has to be easy so all the bad players can feel good
      well thats something i kinda dislike not coz of them dpsing but coz , bacause its possible to dps ,clerics refuse to play as support.
      As a pvp player, I think I am a very bad player, I cannot kite, I click all my skills. The dps ability is good for pve things, questing, farming mobs and the heals keep me alive in harder fights. In duo or group, even with a healing cleric there I will throw in some heals like group heal over time or group cleanse.

To me, taking away to many dps skills from a cleric would be like taking away a templars dps but giving stronger taunts or taking away sorcerers big hits and giving more crowd control skills. They would then be dependant on group play only to achieve anything.
    • Rym wrote:

Hey guys,

As you can clearly see, both chanters and clerics are support classes.

A support class is a class with very limited combat abilities, which in no way shape or form should ever imagine to come close to comparing themselves with the DPS classes at locking down opponents and killing them.

A support class's strongest form is when they are fighting alongside other classes, which they support through healing and buffs, because this is their role.

Under no circumstance, shape, or form, is a support class meant to single-handedly kill a dps class with ease.
      You totally misunderstood what I said. I gave the chanter example because the person above said he/she was playing a chanter.

But if you want to go your way, you are forgetting two things. Clerics and chanters in this game are not locked to be support only. This is why they invented stigmas, to go dps as well. As others already mentioned, clerics were and are capable of good dps, why chanter was the exception for so long, when even their contribution to the group was less than a cleric?
      The second thing you forget is that this game has solo pve and pvp instances, so fighting alongside other classes is out of the question. Remember the old instances with timer? They were designed the same for all classes, they didn't give chanters extra time, so they had to compete with dps classes for the same time.

They shouldn't kill a dps class with ease you say, but then why clerics could handle any melee dps in arena for so long? In a game where solo pvp and pve exists by design, every class should be equally able to handle 1vs1 and pve, yet thing were not like this for a long time.
    • t0re wrote:

which would be? it was 1shottign ppl in the begining coz standard w as 4-5k hp for the ppl and it just got higher later on and the dmg for light/shadow burst was just the same. at some point in 1.5 i had 7200hp and shadowburst was already taking only like 60% of my hp.
      if i remember corectly they did touch the skill but change wasnt significant
      It was later than 1.5, Aion 3.0 patch notes:

3. Decreased the damage inflicted by Lightburst II and Shadowburst II, used by the Sorcerer.