Just got told old aion might come back in some way.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• From what I see there is some footage from different patches but not enough to form an opinion about pvp in those patches. If I remember it right, at the very start there was no remove shock, archers were insane, I know because they kicked my rear all the time. Chanter was very weak at the start. I also remember when MR was so op because it had no cap.
    • Well I somehow knew you guys would say that but I didnt do a complete brief of pvp changes through the updates because then the video would take more time to get done and I just wanted to show just small parts of each update like how pvp went from slow to way more fast paced, how maps kept changing due to level increase, how new classes were being added and showing influence in pvp, how everyone has their characters looking like dolls or lolitas by using candies after candies making their characters less unique in terms of characterization, and the list goes on..

Basically, in my opinion, from an asian fantasy medieval game to full anime mode during these last 9 years.

failboat wrote:

From what I see there is some footage from different patches but not enough to form an opinion about pvp in those patches. If I remember it right, at the very start there was no remove shock, archers were insane, I know because they kicked my rear all the time. Chanter was very weak at the start. I also remember when MR was so op because it had no cap.

From the first scene until the last, you can clearly see how each fight goes when it comes to remove shock and whatnot. At its first state, whoever stunned first or stumbled whatsoever, had the biggest advantage through the fight because there was no way to defend it. At the 2.5 scene, you can see cleric handling so many enemies which shows how MR worked already. MR was undoubtly the best(op) stat during 1.5-3.5.

I still remember when people discovered MR was so insane that everyone started grinding miragent/fenris sets harder in order to use them with full MR at initial dredgion instead of using 50e set. God the good old days.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Sinya93 ().

• I agree with @failbot.
      The most of scenes dont show real situation of these times. 3.0 (or maybe a bit later) when sorcs got reflect stigma, it was very op vs plates.
      Must be more moments with not working remove shock under silence from elder patches.
      More moments with MR cler is tanking zergs.
      More moments with 100% tactics of bards (paralyze).
      What else I forgot. Then I would see the point of video, but now I dont.
    • Reflect stigma or should I say, wintry armor, was implemented in 2.0 when sins and glads gave no chance in battle vs sorcs.

Read my second post to understand why I didnt do a complete explanation on features that every update had.

As a matter of fact, old players or better, veterans, dont need a full explanation when they knew exactly how it was.
    • Sinya93 wrote:

Reflect stigma or should I say, wintry armor, was implemented in 2.0 when sins and glads gave no chance in battle vs sorcs.
      that was not the issue
      before 2.7 sorc didnt have cap of casting and especially asmo sorc with boon of quickness were doing all nukes in 1-2 sec and u were dead. 2.7 fixed that. As for wintry it was always countered by the extendable weapons.
    • So much misinformation here.

Pvp and death in pvp has actually gotten slower with all the defensive buffs + updates especially earth form in 5.0 (you would get 1 shot by godstones / sorc 4k dp / ranger could 3 shot you etc)

About MR, it's not just that MR was godly but having pvp gear vs no pvp gear made a massive difference especially back in pre 2.5 days gear wasn't just handed out and a lot of people didn't even have attack speed weapons :|
      twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
      facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!
    • Misto wrote:

but having pvp gear vs no pvp gear made a massive difference especially back in pre 2.5 days gear wasn't just handed out and a lot of people didn't even have attack speed weapons
      Tell me about it i still remember early 1.5 when i was running around with blue and later gold anuhart set properly socketed for pvp and was considered rly geared along with fenris/miragent sets. and that 2(or was it 3?)m spirit substitution holy moly, altho painful 10m cd ;D