Surviving better in boss fights Library of Knowledge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Surviving better in boss fights Library of Knowledge

Took SM into library of knowlege, being careful to keep control of pet, all seemed to be going well until I got to last boss, the one that does a lot of pulling then get blown up when trying to escape out of circle.

I was left wondering if I was doing something wrong every time he cast the pull skill I got pulled, poor bard had to res me a million times, it left me feeling very useless and a burden to the rest of the group. Is there a way to avoid getting pulled? or is it just due to the dps the sm does?

I know I need to get my HP up more, is only 13,352 unbuffed just now, apollon set is bought, setting stones and enchanting is a work in progress.
    • Sometimes u wont get pulled yourself, it will pull the pet or the cleric servant. But it is random... idk what kind of removal of movement imparing effects the SM class has (like the blink from sorc or dancing smth skill of the bard, like the flash of wtv of the assassin), but to be safer, I would suggest just using a greater healing potion to dispell yourself from the movement debuff and run away from it (relying on the cleric to do that is not recommended since most of them dont do it)
    • Thank you guys, will check that out. Did not know if I was doing something wrong that got me always targeted for the pull. Happens so fast. blink and you are at the bosses feet and after killed the first time you have soul sickness slowing you down more.
    • You cannot remove that slow with pot alone.

Save your stone skin for such moments and use pot + ap pot if you have them off cd :)

Feather will also boost your HP a lot
      twitch.tv/misto91 Come and have a look and listen to best singing cleric EU!
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
      facebook.com/Mistocleric Advising / videos to help the clerics of the future!
    • Click wrote:

You can run out of the circle even with slow debuff. Having soul crapness at the same time tho, good luck xD
      But this is a simple mechanic you should not struggle with, have you ever fought Mezaris before it got nerfed XD
      All bosses in this game are piss easy, nothing hard about any pve content ever released in this game :c
      youtube.com/misto9 Pve / pvp and random guides feel free to leave feedback or ask for a video :P
    • 1) when boss start casting pull , move acordingly from a side of the boss that's not close to a wall so u can run far enough. Even with the slow debuff if u start running right away u would be at safe distance
      2) the slow debuff from the pull requires 2 dispels (1 ripple OR 1 clearing melody OR reluglar splendor of purification +single displel OR splendor of purification and you use Greater Healing Potion)
      3) SM has a stigma called Earth protection which i normally have 99% of the time equipped. 2m CD. Removes all slow/root effects.

4) @lv 74 you have high daeva version of the contract of resistance as it works like forward teleport.

5) when pulled if u think u wont manage to get out use either one of the 2 shields - Spirit Preserve or Command: Bodyguard . Ofc for those 2 to work u need to have your Spirit up, which i suggest you do.

6) earth form

PS. when boss pulls u and u start running NEVER use "s" keyboard button for that purpose , always run with "w" because walking backwards("s") slows u by 40% additionally. Side walking("a","d") also slows u even tho its less - by 20%.

Misto wrote:

All bosses in this game are piss easy, nothing hard about any pve content ever released in this game :c
      have u even fought stormwing @ 2.0 without loci bug? Killed it twice like that and by far for me it has been the most dificult thing the game had to offer up untill now

The post was edited 3 times, last by t0re ().

• I've done all content first on my server since the start of the game until 5.0 where I lost interest in Aion

And yes I've done stormwing "properly" I've also solo'd BT HM @ level 60 on a cleric in 3.1 :D

Also you wrote splendour of recovery instead of purification
    • Misto wrote:

Also you wrote splendour of recovery instead of purification
      right, editing it , ty for correction :) :thumbsup:
      well if u have done it how can u say it wasnt hard, also abyssal splinter was extremely tough - we never managed to finish it off while cap was still 55.
    • People I was with never had interest in killing it so I never tried but as I said for me pve content isn't hard but unfortunately I cannot make a group/ally full of just myself :(
    • Such a lot of good advice, did not know 2 dispels were needed to remove the slow. Next time will try putting on scroll for no penalty after dying too, of course the plan is to avoid dying.

This was only the second time I had gone into the library. First time was with my cleric as dps but also helping with heals. Cleric has around 21k hp and apollon set now so survives better. I usually just play duo with a friend but now to get crafting stones I need to go into instances for the boxes to break down.

Do not think I have the earth protect stigma set but certainly have all the others that you mentioned. Practice will make perfect.
    • t0re wrote:

2) the slow debuff from the pull requires 2 dispels
      1 dispel is enough. I use a greater healing potion or Drana coffee but if it's on CD I use earth form.

@Rebelbabe His skill is called "Magical hook" and it takes at least 2 seconds to be complete. He'll do an animation after this skill and apply one more debuff to all members around him. This debuff will paralyze and damage you when he does his next skill that leaps in the air and then lands with his fist, in an area 20m around the boss. Staying at a closer range than 20m from the boss will increase the damage. You can avoid the 2nd debuff by either not getting pulled or quickly getting away from the boss with a skill after you get pulled.
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6
    • The para is not a debuff when he applies it but you can avoid being pulled if you stand under the boss as he casts his pull I'll try and record a vid if I can get into a quick lok run
    • @Rebelbabe

You can also do this, as long as you have a way to remove the movement speed(or you can use a movement speed increase buff like charge) you can run (normally) far enough away to not get hit with the blue "aura" to avoid para

The post was edited 1 time, last by Misto ().

• Rebelbabe wrote:

until I got to last boss
      The last boss room has "arhitecture" that can be used as obstacles to prevent oneself from getting pulled (parts of low wall sticking out at either side of the entrances into the final boss room). As long as you position yourself so there is an obstacle between you and the boss it will prevent "Magic Hook" from pulling you, altho you will still take the associated damage.

If you are unable to hide in time you could also use any shield that blocks physical damage (substitution, shroud, ironclad etc. - anything that blocks atleast 8k will work) as long as your class has access to one.

Misto wrote:

you can run (normally) far enough away to not get hit with the blue "aura" to avoid para
      The blue aura does not represent the paralysis aoe, it shows the range of "Earthquake", the third skill (20m range). The second "delayed blast" skill right after "Magic Hook" is what sets up the paralysis (15m range).
    • @Trubbish I was referring to the blue aura on your char when he slams his fists into the ground (which you can see I avoided in the vid by avoiding his pull) not the circle on the floor rofl