windows crash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• windows crash

few days ago, aion started crashing at the splash screen:

Faulting application name: aion.bin, version: 5617.302.1211.12456, time stamp: 0x5a2e2610
      Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.64, time stamp: 0x493793ea
      Exception code: 0xc0000374
      Fault offset: 0x00000000000f87bb
      Faulting process id: 0xc14
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d384c060fb7d97
      Faulting application path: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Gameforge \ AION Free-to-Play \ bin64 \ aion.bin
      Faulting module path: C: \ WINDOWS \ SYSTEM32 \ ntdll.dll
      Report Id: e5788910-66ea-4943-bb11-23afbb2ca262
      Faulting package full name:
      Faulting package-relative application ID:

using latest windows 10 with all drivers/graphics drivers latest/latest windows updates.

any ideas whats up? :?:
    • Aion crashed or Windows crashed?

After creators update on my PC I had to format my SSD and reinstall Aion (it was originally on my C drive and only moved to my A drive SSD afterwards)

But then on my laptop for a few months now when I start the game it's running for a couple of hours and then the laptop just shuts down, if i start again with the game, it instantly crashes.
      If I dont start aion it runs stable for days.

I tried a clean win10 installation but it still keeps crashing (laptop, not aion), furmark, prime95, memtest - no results QQ
    • @Evita

The lap top is 64bit system with good graphics card and memory?
      How far does the launch of game get before it crashes laptop?
      Does event viewer give any clues as to what or where the problem is?

I am not a computer techy but this crashing is really bugging me too and I am looking everytwhere to try find answers. It keeps me out of trouble.
    • Has your system done any upgrades/changes in the last few days?

I had a problem one time when a windows update failed to update. I found it when I checked the update history. After completing the update everything worked fine.

Maybe check out the section in technical issues on forum, connection issues.

Wild off the top of head idea that may have nothing to do with the problem but.. try router reboot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for me... well, with just one client open, no mega stress on memory, cpu or gpu, standing in esterra near teleporter, doing nothing while being talked to in real life.... red replace me boxes. Client crash ... usual shaders files mentioned... rendering access violation with send me log and the windows runtime terminated in unusual way error.

The other day I had a different crash with no send me log, just after entering garden of knowledge, this made me uhm, just a little annoyed, it was the first time I had gone into there with a group going for one boss and willing to take me as a helping/dps cleric noob. Of course by the time I got logged back in, (10 mins later) they had finished and left instance.

@Fregion Is this an issue that NCsoft are aware of but doing nothing about because esterra, the problem area is going to be removed in a future update? We really need to know because we are banging our heads trying to find issues within our systems.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rebelbabe ().

• Thats what I was originally thinking about
      ran furmark, prime95, memtest (in 3 sessions) - all fine
      max temperature it went up was 80°

Either its a built in end of lifecycle (laptopt is a ROG G75VW out of 2012) or I dunno what
      only started few months ago, previously I ran two clients, multiple browser windows etc at once without even stuttering and the laptop is still way faster than my pc

it's just so weird.... running over night and day without any problem, start the game and like 2-3 hours in .... pooof
    • katmai wrote:

screencast.com/t/115W6Er5Zvi

this is how far i am getting. things have been working okay till a few days ago and now this. nothing really changed on my end. the error i posted is from event viewer which gives me no clue.
      Hello,

it seems like you have Visual Studio installed, right? Try to launch the game with a different compatibility mode. I have the same issue on my PC and I will investigate the issue and check if Visual Studio causes them.

~ Sparx ~
    • Temperature of “it” = which part?
      I think 90+ degrees is already critical temperature for CPU and the system will get shutdown to prevent damage. Graphic cards however would keep running at this temp. Depends on how the sensors are set, it varies between manufacturers.
      I don’t believe in builtin death trigger xD
    • Over 90+ degrees the CPU will forcefully throttle down unless specifically told otherwise through BIOS settings.

Override should happen at 100+ degrees to prevent CPU damage.

When my old MSI 560 Ti went over 100c, it activated an override feature on the coolers and set them at 150% RPM, it sounded like an airplane. It didn't go over 100c because the cooler was bad, I had just locked it at 30% and let it heat up.

It died anyway a few months later, it was old af.

Sudden shutdown and automatic restart may also happen due to failing PSU. Especially when in under load such as a game.
    • Sparx wrote:

katmai wrote:

screencast.com/t/115W6Er5Zvi

this is how far i am getting. things have been working okay till a few days ago and now this. nothing really changed on my end. the error i posted is from event viewer which gives me no clue.
      Hello,
      it seems like you have Visual Stuio installed, right? Try to launch the game with a different compatibility mode. I have the same issue on my PC and I will investigate the issue and check if Visual Studio causes them.

~ Sparx ~
      I think the 2 are related in some way, on all my crashes the logs from game mention, shaders, CEF files, libcef.dll, and rendering access violation. At the same time I get a windows visual studio C++ error stating Aion.bin caused runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

What error happens first, I do not know.
    • went into the shaders folder a while ago and deleted the cache file.. did not touch the .pak file.
      ran the check files on the launcher.
      graphics card updated from GT 610 to GTX 1050 so all new drivers.

Trying to see if something in the aion.bin is causing issue with the runtime library which is then in turn causing something to fail when processing the instruction from the shaders file. I really do not know enough about how it all works but, hahahaha I am learning a lot.

Just now, travelled to Magos and got client crash and the windows runtime error after passing through the door to the outside. It does not happen everytime I pass through that door.

Version of Editor.exe(32Bit_Client) : 0.0.0.0
      Version of CrySystem.dll(32Bit_Client) : 5617.302.1211.12455
      Engine : Cry_Client
      GameState : 14
      LoadSlot State:2, Num:50
      Entity Count(char/user) : 116/13
      NCode : 0
      Crash Info : Shaders/Cache/CGPShaders/CGRCAion_BGNormalNoLight$D3D9_PS20$Fog.cgps
      [(8044 :MultiThread) 2018/01/05 15:11:47]: =======================
      an Access Violation in module Unknown at 001b:cdcdcdcd.
      exception handler called in the AION Server.
      start at 2018/1/5 13:20:35
      Error occurred at 1/5/2018 15:11:48.
      C:\Program Files\GameforgeLive\Games\GBR_eng\AION\Download\bin32\AION.bin
      4 processor(s), type 586.
      ClientLaunchedCount : 1
      Write to location CDCDCDCD caused an access violation.

And.. Runtime error...

C:/..................../AION.bin
      This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    • Click wrote:

Temperature of “it” = which part?
      I think 90+ degrees is already critical temperature for CPU and the system will get shutdown to prevent damage. Graphic cards however would keep running at this temp. Depends on how the sensors are set, it varies between manufacturers.
      I don’t believe in builtin death trigger xD