Class Nerf Thread

    • multiple

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Chanters are way too dependent on godstone procs (which btw they'll be removed) and gear. Also chanters have a pretty high skill cap tbh, it's just that it's very rewarding when you actually "git gud' coupled with some gear. Besides, the class mostly does damage when the enemy is actually stunned, from the 2 minutes i watched, that sorc you posted barely used RS and when he did he got silenced from the GS. If there's something to nerf, nerf the damn templars.
      Tomonori-Chanter
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

      Support chanters always bothered me, I always found them useless in the past. There were chanters who played and never dps'ed, basically only for auras.

      Also that chanter is probably the most geared chanter in aion, and this game is gear based mostly
      How funny when a moderatly geared chanter 73lvl demolishes in 3 seconds a target in full agili/str res set while landing ZERO KNOCKDOWNS ZERO CRITS

      This game is based mostly on religion
      The religion of fairness and fake non existant p2w
      Download to win or cheat to win is more appropriate
    • Its the first time in 6~7 years of Aion that I see people asking for a nerf on chanters. Yet chanters aren't close to the OPness of Templars, Bards and ATs in this patch. Unless you have all defensive sets.
      I think they deserve to shine for a little moretime. Chanters used to be Aion's underdog for years and years.
    • thalico wrote:

      Its the first time in 6~7 years of Aion that I see people asking for a nerf on chanters. Yet chanters aren't close to the OPness of Templars, Bards and ATs in this patch. Unless you have all defensive sets.
      I think they deserve to shine for a little moretime. Chanters used to be Aion's underdog for years and years.
      True, and the example given was that guy who 99% of chanter's aren't even close to that gear.
    • when a support class becomes more viable in group as DPS than as support you cannot say its not broken, broken does not necessarily mean OP, even though chanter is OP, it has OP skills and benefits a lot from gearwhoring, broken in my perspective just means a class that is better at doing something other than what its meant to do, it is the same as templar, both need to be nerfed hard in dps.
    • Exactly. As I said. I have played since the start as Chanter and I'm nowhere near as what he has. For once I don't have 4kkk to get an extensible weapon... And sets with MS Pfff only hardcore ones can have that.

      I have a bard too and with half the gear as my Chanter it does 4 times more dmg. Chanter is good but only if you can afford various sets at max enchant...
    • testtestlab wrote:

      Exactly. As I said. I have played since the start as Chanter and I'm nowhere near as what he has. For once I don't have 4kkk to get an extensible weapon... And sets with MS Pfff only hardcore ones can have that.

      I have a bard too and with half the gear as my Chanter it does 4 times more dmg. Chanter is good but only if you can afford various sets at max enchant...
      why dont you farm the bosses instead of complaining about how much it costs lol, i got both my extends like that, u can 4-6 man them nowadays with decent dps
    • Vespir wrote:

      when a support class becomes more viable in group as DPS than as support you cannot say its not broken, broken does not necessarily mean OP, even though chanter is OP, it has OP skills and benefits a lot from gearwhoring, broken in my perspective just means a class that is better at doing something other than what its meant to do, it is the same as templar, both need to be nerfed hard in dps.

      U sure u're talking about chanters? I could only think about bards while reading ur post.
      A Bard can heal large ammounts of HP and MP, dispel enemies buffs, dispel group debuffs, cast shields, ccs, knockback, nuke, paralyze and solo stomp almost every class of this game. Also they're not even close to be a squishy mage like Sorcs and SMs.

      They're meant to be "Support" or what? Isn't that the true definition of a broken class?
    • thalico wrote:

      Vespir wrote:

      when a support class becomes more viable in group as DPS than as support you cannot say its not broken, broken does not necessarily mean OP, even though chanter is OP, it has OP skills and benefits a lot from gearwhoring, broken in my perspective just means a class that is better at doing something other than what its meant to do, it is the same as templar, both need to be nerfed hard in dps.
      U sure u're talking about chanters? I could only think about bards while reading ur post.
      A Bard can heal large ammounts of HP and MP, dispel enemies buffs, dispel group debuffs, cast shields, ccs, knockback, nuke, paralyze and solo stomp almost every class of this game. Also they're not even close to be a squishy mage like Sorcs and SMs.

      They're meant to be "Support" or what? Isn't that the true definition of a broken class?
      point out to me where exactly in my post i said anything about bards or them being balanced please
    • Vespir wrote:

      thalico wrote:

      Vespir wrote:

      when a support class becomes more viable in group as DPS than as support you cannot say its not broken, broken does not necessarily mean OP, even though chanter is OP, it has OP skills and benefits a lot from gearwhoring, broken in my perspective just means a class that is better at doing something other than what its meant to do, it is the same as templar, both need to be nerfed hard in dps.
      U sure u're talking about chanters? I could only think about bards while reading ur post.A Bard can heal large ammounts of HP and MP, dispel enemies buffs, dispel group debuffs, cast shields, ccs, knockback, nuke, paralyze and solo stomp almost every class of this game. Also they're not even close to be a squishy mage like Sorcs and SMs.

      They're meant to be "Support" or what? Isn't that the true definition of a broken class?
      point out to me where exactly in my post i said anything about bards or them being balanced please
      You haven't said.
      But i'm stating that just to proof that chanters aren't broken. They're just strong and competitive in this patch, but they deserve to be strong, mainly because they were one of the weakests and lacklusters classes of the game for a long long time.
    • thalico wrote:

      Vespir wrote:

      thalico wrote:

      Vespir wrote:

      when a support class becomes more viable in group as DPS than as support you cannot say its not broken, broken does not necessarily mean OP, even though chanter is OP, it has OP skills and benefits a lot from gearwhoring, broken in my perspective just means a class that is better at doing something other than what its meant to do, it is the same as templar, both need to be nerfed hard in dps.
      U sure u're talking about chanters? I could only think about bards while reading ur post.A Bard can heal large ammounts of HP and MP, dispel enemies buffs, dispel group debuffs, cast shields, ccs, knockback, nuke, paralyze and solo stomp almost every class of this game. Also they're not even close to be a squishy mage like Sorcs and SMs.
      They're meant to be "Support" or what? Isn't that the true definition of a broken class?
      point out to me where exactly in my post i said anything about bards or them being balanced please
      You haven't said.But i'm stating that just to proof that chanters aren't broken. They're just strong and competitive in this patch, but they deserve to be strong, mainly because they were one of the weakests and lacklusters classes of the game for a long long time.
      A support class isn't meant to be competitive in DPS, that takes the whole point out of it being a support class. WoP is broken, high daeva PoE is broken, Archdaeva skill is broken, their offensive potential overall is broken, regardless of how much gear it takes no amount of gear should make chanters do what they do. Support classes are supposed to be amazing supports, not DPS. So yes, they are broken, bard also has a lot of broken abilities but that's not the point of this discussion.