Class Nerf Thread

• multiple

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vespir wrote:

A support class isn't meant to be competitive in DPS, that takes the whole point out of it being a support class. WoP is broken, high daeva PoE is broken, Archdaeva skill is broken, their offensive potential overall is broken, regardless of how much gear it takes no amount of gear should make chanters do what they do. Support classes are supposed to be amazing supports, not DPS. So yes, they are broken, bard also has a lot of broken abilities but that's not the point of this discussion.
      After playing chanter and cleric for many years, I noticed that every time a new patch comes they shine for a bit then the enemies enchant their gear, get better stuff, and your support skill become less meaningful. They probably balance stuff in Korea based on highly enchanted gear (+35 gear and what not). When a dps class with that gear has like over 40k hp, a chanter healing itself for like 1k every 2 seconds or a cleric healing himself seems less op.
    • You guys are clearly missing the point. Chanter is meant to be played agressively, not mace and shield and healbotting. Over 60% of our skills are offensive skills while maybe 20% are support skills, rest is utility skills. The chanter is meant to be agressive while giving boosts to his group, not spamming crappy heals to try to do the cleric's job, else we would have more than 3/4 healing skills.
      And yes, the chanter's heals are irrelevant unless you play on a full hb set with cast speed gloves+mace which means you do zero dmg
    • Vespir wrote:

thalico wrote:

Vespir wrote:

thalico wrote:

Vespir wrote:

when a support class becomes more viable in group as DPS than as support you cannot say its not broken, broken does not necessarily mean OP, even though chanter is OP, it has OP skills and benefits a lot from gearwhoring, broken in my perspective just means a class that is better at doing something other than what its meant to do, it is the same as templar, both need to be nerfed hard in dps.
      U sure u're talking about chanters? I could only think about bards while reading ur post.A Bard can heal large ammounts of HP and MP, dispel enemies buffs, dispel group debuffs, cast shields, ccs, knockback, nuke, paralyze and solo stomp almost every class of this game. Also they're not even close to be a squishy mage like Sorcs and SMs.They're meant to be "Support" or what? Isn't that the true definition of a broken class?
      point out to me where exactly in my post i said anything about bards or them being balanced please
      You haven't said.But i'm stating that just to proof that chanters aren't broken. They're just strong and competitive in this patch, but they deserve to be strong, mainly because they were one of the weakests and lacklusters classes of the game for a long long time.
      A support class isn't meant to be competitive in DPS, that takes the whole point out of it being a support class. WoP is broken, high daeva PoE is broken, Archdaeva skill is broken, their offensive potential overall is broken, regardless of how much gear it takes no amount of gear should make chanters do what they do. Support classes are supposed to be amazing supports, not DPS. So yes, they are broken, bard also has a lot of broken abilities but that's not the point of this discussion.
      Thats BS. No class deserves anything because X happened in past. If something is clearly broken it gets fixed not "naah just let it be broken for a while because other classes were broken before" What kind of logic is that? And Bard being broken is NOT a proof that chanter is not, idk how did you thought of that it just makes no sense. Right now bard is the most broken class in the game (and easy too), followed by templar and their sin like burst, followed by chanter... the other classes are ok for the most part.
    • Actually templar does not have sin-like burst, in fact templar damage isn't spectacular in any way, shape or form.

What's good about templar is the obvious defensive attributes which can be further enhanced with current broken defensive sets as it is the main tank class and pull-lock combo which makes players say that templar is broken.

All magic classes can be countered by current defensive sets. This is broken.

Physical classes can be countered as well, but accuracy set is always better than agility set and block set so it makes the defensive sets less useful. There is however no way for magic classes to fully counter magic suppression. Unless you're an AT but that class needs to be deleted anyway.
    • Well I'll be more then glad to re roll and play mainly as a sorcerer as long as this insane gap of classes gets balanced. It's just impossible for sorcerers atm, Just as SM's. Also, AT should be deleted just as bard also needs to be nerfed hard. Silence resistance + GS silence resistance along with their wtf nukes and dispels sleeps? Someone has to remind me whats the point of a sorcerer at the moment if bard has it all. With +5 accs +15 ap wep on 23% pvp attack doing 3.5k damage with glacial shard with 4 sec cast time? Something is wrong. Yes, the sorcerer is dead by then - thats the thing that's wrong.
    • When first starting to play this 6 years ago, the first mmo game I had ever played, chanter was what I went for. Because it had chain armour to take some damage and a few heals to help me live. It was an all round class. (hey, I had problems just moving a characters and keeping the horizon where it was meant to be, took a while to push mouse forward and back while running).
      After playing some other classes I began to feel that chanter felt slower to kill things, survives better but slower to kill it does not feel like it has the big dps bursts that others have or a direct guaranteed sleep etc.

For a long time every class had 2 stigma trees so many classes could be built for damage or some kind of support, even sorcerers. By support I mean bringing things into group that help others, crowd control, tanking, protecting, making group stronger as a whole. All classes had something to contribute. They still could but people that play the class now want only to have big damage. I think it is what people do with a class that make it OP not the design of the class. Yes bard has many potential skills but cannot equipt them all at the same time, same with clerics, they have some good dps skills but if they need to change to pure heal for a hard group instance they lose a lot of those dps skills. Templar also loses dps if needing to build for pure tanking.

It seems everyone now is building the hardest hitting toon they can for pvp, ignoring the skills that help group play and relying on making other defense armour sets to compensate for missing group helper skills that they do not equipt. virtually single players that just join into a random group.

Right or wrong, that is how I am seeing it. You want all to be "balanced" some of the root, sleep skills taken away from classes, but they are there to help group pve and pvp play. Be careful what you wish for.
    • [NICK]heeyitsme wrote:

Vespir wrote:

thalico wrote:

Vespir wrote:

thalico wrote:

Vespir wrote:

when a support class becomes more viable in group as DPS than as support you cannot say its not broken, broken does not necessarily mean OP, even though chanter is OP, it has OP skills and benefits a lot from gearwhoring, broken in my perspective just means a class that is better at doing something other than what its meant to do, it is the same as templar, both need to be nerfed hard in dps.
      U sure u're talking about chanters? I could only think about bards while reading ur post.A Bard can heal large ammounts of HP and MP, dispel enemies buffs, dispel group debuffs, cast shields, ccs, knockback, nuke, paralyze and solo stomp almost every class of this game. Also they're not even close to be a squishy mage like Sorcs and SMs.They're meant to be "Support" or what? Isn't that the true definition of a broken class?
      point out to me where exactly in my post i said anything about bards or them being balanced please
      You haven't said.But i'm stating that just to proof that chanters aren't broken. They're just strong and competitive in this patch, but they deserve to be strong, mainly because they were one of the weakests and lacklusters classes of the game for a long long time.
      Thats BS. No class deserves anything because X happened in past. If something is clearly broken it gets fixed not "naah just let it be broken for a while because other classes were broken before" What kind of logic is that? And Bard being broken is NOT a proof that chanter is not, idk how did you thought of that it just makes no sense. Right now bard is the most broken class in the game (and easy too), followed by templar and their sin like burst, followed by chanter... the other classes are ok for the most part.

Like I said 3 or 4 times before in this thread, being a competitive class isn't the same of being a broken class, and this is the first time ever you can see chanters as a very competitive one. The proof is: this is the first time people truly complain about chanters, because most of the chanters used to be a free kill in the past, and now they can stand alone.

I play chanter since day 1 in Aion. Started 2010 on Aion NA. And I always felt they was as a very lackluster class, with low PVE/PVP damage, weak heals and regular buffs. Only the 2x 10min. cooldown skills and Word of Wind was the real game-changing skills of the class.
      Every other class used to be easier to play and level up too.
      Also, if you check the patch notes of this game you will find out that chanters and sins are the class with most skill changes and class boosts during the 9-year of aion progress. So unlike your logic, yes, NCsoft thinks chanters deserves a big boost because they was a very lackluster class in the past. If you don't agree send it directly to korea. I can't do nothing :*
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

p.s

You're wasting your breath, NCsoft decides what class balance should be. Gameforge will never modify the game themselves to balance it.
      they balance the aion shop so cashers can compete with people who know how to play

thalico wrote:

Like I said 3 or 4 times before in this thread, being a competitive class isn't the same of being a broken class, and this is the first time ever you can see chanters as a very competitive one. The proof is: this is the first time people truly complain about chanters, because most of the chanters used to be a free kill in the past, and now they can stand alone.

I play chanter since day 1 in Aion. Started 2010 on Aion NA. And I always felt they was as a very lackluster class, with low PVE/PVP damage, weak heals and regular buffs. Only the 2x 10min. cooldown skills and Word of Wind was the real game-changing skills of the class.
      Every other class used to be easier to play and level up too.
      Also, if you check the patch notes of this game you will find out that chanters and sins are the class with most skill changes and class boosts during the 9-year of aion progress. So unlike your logic, yes, NCsoft thinks chanters deserves a big boost because they was a very lackluster class in the past. If you don't agree send it directly to korea. I can't do nothing :*
      ye, support class competitive in dps and definitely tier 1 in pvp isnt broken, elegiggle dude, just be happy you got what you have and dont try to pretend its something its not, "balanced".
    • Rym wrote:

templar damage isn't spectacular
      say wut? 3x sure strike with 12s cd not spectacular at all :D

either way chanter is strong af atm, while i dont like how strong it is, each class deserve to have a patch in which it will shine, and its chanter's time. Templar has always been strong but in the current patch its extremely powerful as well - not rly sure how i feel about it but it is what it is.