RIP crafting when 6.0 comes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RIP crafting when 6.0 comes

Holy..... insert any word you want here.

Gone through the list of materials and designs to be removed.. omg is anything left?

Even magic crafting items are being removed. I am stunned beyond words.
    • tbh after my initial shock and almost flatline, after a talk with a friend I have recovered (a bit)

they remove the designs you had to additionally buy every time you wanted to craft (from magical craft)
      what we don't know yet, is what they are going to do with the other crafts

eventually you don't have to LEARN designs anymore, but just know them (that's a far shot I know), or if it will be implemented into magical crafting (which would be utter bs as the crafting time stays the same with magical crafting whereas with classical the lower the level the faster it goes the higher your level is) - it would be appreciated if you wouldn't need to go to panda/sanctum pernon/oriel every time you want to craft (I think we can agree on that)

on the other hand, where would you want to get materials for lets say level 40 balic from? All those morph designs that also vanish....

I will try to be open for changes but after crafting since 9/2009 the classical way and having this possibly taken away from me now after all, it's hard
      (remember how long we tried to farm for certain designs in gelk/ing, or in morheim for certain designs in certain areas.... )
    • I simply disagree. As the item craft (eg. weps, armors, accs) is always outdated even the Magical craft list is outdated from the beginning, they should think seriously on this feature of the game. Currently people are crafting 99% scrolls, potions, serums , Estimas ... nothing more.
      It's boring, it's taking way too long time... with pointless crafts. I like the Lineage 2 craft system. Aion craft after 3.0 is fail.
    • I didn't look at the deleted designs yet but a lot of them were useless anyway. My first craft since the beginning of the game was handicraft (thanks for not being totally useless) but after that some other master crafts I made on alts were just sitting there. Weaponsmith, armor, tailor... I crafted some things in the past for the skins but that was all. I got a little excited with pvp gear craft but that came too late and the stats were meh. We also got events like free jomurgand gear so crafting was again dead. In the beginning of 4.x I got a little excited with the underground katalam designs, crafted a spellbook, later these crafts came as an event. After my long break I see there is magical craft but I can't see myself starting crafting again when changes always come. Non crafting players were quitting over failing hot magic hearth, the whole crafting system wasn't viewed very well. I like crafting in a game but right now it's dead for me in Aion.
    • Evita wrote:

@Rebelbabe maybe it's not as dire as we were afraid of

Kelekelio wrote:

However, some items like crafting materials can still be traded through an agent.

yes I am just reading the latest and noted the mention of crafting material. But looking at the list of what is removed, even things from magic crafting, the natural energy, essence, the meat, fruit, spirit stones, really, all the things dropped by mobs in esterra, all the scrolls, leather, gem etc and the items needed to craft scrolls, the part designs that people would make and store for future crafting/levelling. From the old crafting all the woods, ores and gems which include higher level items from ingg/gelk. All designs seem to be gone, even the higher level foods, and the mount.

If they plan on still having crafting, they must be planning to put in new things. Making all more simple would be good and need less storage

It is a big pain in the butt knowing where to even begin trying to fix out all the things I have. Some of the things like the edible meat from esterra mobs I have around 6K+ just waiting for future levelling of the craft. Guess that will not be happening now.
    • Gathering and Aether Extraction skills have been removed.
      'Essencetapping', 'Morphing’ have been changed as follows.
      • Essencetapping Master can be achieved with Kinah instead of a quest.
      • Inina/Aria/iron formulas have been removed from Morphing.
      • All but existing Morphing formulas have been removed.

Magical Crafting can now be learned at level 76 instead of 66.
      • Magical crafting learned before the update will remain at the same level.
      • New Level 80 items can now be crafted through Magical crafting

Production Skills (Alchemy, Weaponsmithing, Armoursmithing, Tailoring, Handicrafting, Cooking, Construction) and Magical Morph have been removed
    • Future Will Come wrote:

Gathering and Aether Extraction skills have been removed.
      'Essencetapping', 'Morphing’ have been changed as follows.
      • Essencetapping Master can be achieved with Kinah instead of a quest.
      • Inina/Aria/iron formulas have been removed from Morphing.
      • All but existing Morphing formulas have been removed.

Magical Crafting can now be learned at level 76 instead of 66.
      • Magical crafting learned before the update will remain at the same level.
      • New Level 80 items can now be crafted through Magical crafting

Production Skills (Alchemy, Weaponsmithing, Armoursmithing, Tailoring, Handicrafting, Cooking, Construction) and Magical Morph have been removed
      And there's no replacement or compensation for the removal of these crafting? I make mounts with handicrafting
    • Evita wrote:

well... you cant craft mounts at all anymore in 6.0.... aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Magical_Crafting
      just scrolls and equipment designs...
      no mounts, no pets, no supps... nada.
      I expected this after seeing there was no running scrolls.

No access to upper part of Sanctum... but you can buy Master in a craft profession using money.. uhm, how do you get the quest? Why would you pay money to get Master level if there is nothing to craft?

Up top end of Sanctum you have, some skins, change appearance and some dyes also the legion npcs. The big chief and stigma master (another one in the priory)

The other thing to watch will be any cabinets you have in studio/houses that are not permanent, after the time runs out on them you will lose any items you have stored in them, do not know if these cabinets will be available to buy from the in game gold shop, play safe and have another in your warehouse to replace it and give you time to empty it before you run out of replacements. Many people are focused on what happens in to the fighting and equipment they will not give this a thought until it is too late.