New player looking for informatiom about classes and advice.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New player looking for informatiom about classes and advice.

Hello everyone!
      I'm pretty new player here and have problem with class pick.
      Why I'm asking?
      I played a lot of mmorpg games and the characters always played their roles. The archer was either dps or support and many similar. That's why I'm asking for character classes. I always value PvP and dynamism in games. Also, let me add that I prefer to play a character who deals a lot of damage. Watching videos on youtube I chose a few characters that interested me are: Gunner, Gladiator, Spiritmaster and Aethertech. I would like to know a bit about the character that is best to choose. I have read that a patch 6.0 is approaching maybe I can choose a character that will be strong when this patch comes. I greet everyone cordially. I am very sorry for the language I use Google translator because my english is not very good. Thank you.
    • I would have to say Aethertech.

Not only is it underrated, but as a new player it's a great class to choose because you can get the gear very cheaply. That's because not many people play it.
      If you don't mind robots, AT imo.

The second choice I'd go with is Gunner, don't go Glad if you want to PVP, it's very dependent on gear. As a new player you will be disappointed.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

I would have to say Aethertech.

Not only is it underrated, but as a new player it's a great class to choose because you can get the gear very cheaply. That's because not many people play it.
      If you don't mind robots, AT imo.

The second choice I'd go with is Gunner, don't go Glad if you want to PVP, it's very dependent on gear. As a new player you will be disappointed.
      AT is a good choice as well.

Glad is not good? Look around, every pvp instances has lots of glads wrecking faces. Glad has been good in any group or mass pvp since the beginning of this game and this will never change. The only disadvantage, same as sins, is that they are melee. What class isn't dependent on gear? A cleric that needs every possible set in the game, or chanter that do the same, or magic classes that need lots of MB to offset the magic suppression? Or a sin that needs every bit of gear or he is walking barbecue? Even SM, that is the first marked target, needs some defensive set. Bard and gunner are not bad classes but they are plain boring classes, not much liberty on your rotations either.

Assassins are good in 1vs1 if you have the gear. Not that great in mass pvp. That is true, they are buff and timing dependent.
    • Gladiator is by far the most enjoyable class I’ve ever played and will play in aion.
      Average expensive in terms of gearing compared to other classes.
      Group and mass pvp is fun as hell, especially if you have no Sorc or other CC (except SM in group).
      Good for solo pvp, but you’ll get buttnyerked by many equally skilled and geared classes such as SM/Bard/Chanter/Cleric...
      PvE idk, very easy I guess, since you don’t really have to use buffs on CD except berserk and can mindlessly dual wield bosses.
      What else? Ah yeah, extendable weapons <3
    • I read that gladiator has 1.1 attack speed in 6.0 and it's broken. It's also easier and cheaper to find gear than magic classes. For Gunner it will take you either a lot of time or a lot of kinah to gear in pvp.
      "The Elyos and Asmodians were so busy fighting each other that they didn't see the danger coming..."
      - cue Big Nerf in 5.6