To upgrade or not to upgrade in 5.8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• To upgrade or not to upgrade in 5.8

With 5.8 coming in February and since we already know that 6.0 stat changes on gear is ginormous...

is it worth upgrading items in this patch?

I mean we would waste a lot of AP and other items that we will need in 6.0 to get the new gear.

For this slight improvement in the gear, one could just wait out for 6.0 and save up the AP to get the super gear!

Thoughts?
    • i will:
      upgrade in 5.8
      try some +20 with my 150 apes from the enchant event (what else to do with them?)
      farm 10 months kinah irl
      p2w 6.0
      :thumbup:

edit:
      i see no reason to hold back til 6.0
      theres no way i can enjoy whats left from the game if i dont have competitive pvp gear
      we will pve enough in 6.0
    • If we knew 6.0 was coming in a few months then i would understand your position, but it aint happening anytime soon. This mental urge to save resources and money for the future is good to do inrl , but aion is not rl. Log to enjoy. I for one will upgrade as much as possible because i log to fight not to save save save.
    • When I see someone with new quest gear from 6.0, upgraded up to +10, holding against someone from old servers with +30 or so, I know that upgrading in 5.8 is futile. I'd rather keep the apes I have till 6.0 then exchange them (if we get the exchange), than waste them on old gear. It's not like upgrading in 5.8 is easy. The amount of time you have to spend in canyon and other instances every day, and the resources you need, is quite high. There will be plenty of players that won't be able to upgrade to 5.8 gear, so you are not really playing naked.
    • Sophisticated wrote:

If we knew 6.0 was coming in a few months then i would understand your position, but it aint happening anytime soon.
      define "a few months" - I am pretty sure it will be this year
      for me, half a year is also few months
      considering that not everyone will run around in lv 80 gear the first days because you need to farm the items for upgrading first, it doesn't make sense to me to upgrade
    • Sophisticated wrote:

If we knew 6.0 was coming in a few months then i would understand your position, but it aint happening anytime soon. This mental urge to save resources and money for the future is good to do inrl , but aion is not rl. Log to enjoy. I for one will upgrade as much as possible because i log to fight not to save save save.
      This^
      Why bother with the future? It's easy enough to farm and get things now, one should play NOW and not thinking about what will happen in 6+ months.
      Also that time period is long, who knows if you still play AION in x months? Just enjoy the present, yolo.
    • I use the same word but I think the more appropriate english term would be several.

People won't upgrade their gear right away. They will be farming for months to fully upgrade their gear because you have to do the farming on the character you want the gear on (no tradeable etc). And the more months you pass, the closer you are to 6.0.
    • failboat wrote:

I use the same word but I think the more appropriate english term would be several.

People won't upgrade their gear right away. They will be farming for months to fully upgrade their gear because you have to do the farming on the character you want the gear on (no tradeable etc). And the more months you pass, the closer you are to 6.0.
      Don't forget GF!
      Cuz GF always thinks in short terms, there will be the new lvl 80 in "cash"-events or RNG-boxes/lootboxes soon ;)
      So upgrading shouldn't take too long XD
    • failboat wrote:

When I see someone with new quest gear from 6.0, upgraded up to +10, holding against someone from old servers with +30 or so, I know that upgrading in 5.8 is futile. I'd rather keep the apes I have till 6.0 then exchange them (if we get the exchange), than waste them on old gear. It's not like upgrading in 5.8 is easy. The amount of time you have to spend in canyon and other instances every day, and the resources you need, is quite high. There will be plenty of players that won't be able to upgrade to 5.8 gear, so you are not really playing naked.
      people with +30 gear got a good compensation for them, why aren't they using their new items?

I'd make a +30 gear too if I could get what they got in exchange
    • @Evita My thinking is the same as yours, also I can add sorcerer, gladiator and chanter to the list of... do not know what to play. Cleric, sm, bard and sorcerer I seem to be using more just now but I do like all the others too. I have still not opened my fallusha and lvl 75 weapon chest + 3 lvl 75 pvp armour chests from event.

Upgrading things in 5.8 the fear there is that the resources needed to get and upgrade things do not come so easily to me I do not have an 80/80 account due to moving servers and no real life money to throw at game so like many others I want to do what is best overall.

I know that in Korea they exchanged enchantment items for new type of enchantment items and other things were exchanged BUT that is not to say that EU will get the same. All will depend on how Gameforge tweaks things before release here.

What is killing my attempts to make and store kinah just now is the GP prices + costs of upgrading manastones to socket gear, another reason for no rush in opening chests
    • I got bygone weapon 1( 15+), abyss down 2. I Will break it take bygone. i have prepared l 75 15+, i Will upgrade it and combine it with bygone to get attack speed also on new weapon. Playing with attack speed since tahabata had both stats on same weapon:).