LOW FPS ON GAMING PC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LOW FPS ON GAMING PC

Hey guys! Somethings wrong with my Aion fps and i have NO idea how to fix it. I used to have like 100, 120 fps on high qulity. Lately, wont pass 30 and its really annoying.
      Here is what i tried so far:
      -updated my nvidia drivers
      -unistalled and re-installed the game again
      -nvidia control panel - i checked max performance
      -battery laptop - chose permformance, gpu at max performance
      -GeForce experience - battery saver / fixed FPS - off
      -In game settings - save energy - off

Is it something that i miss? all was perfect untill one day ago
      Thank you!
    • You didn't give any info about your PC specs, and you didn't give any info about where exactly does the fps drop happen.

No one can help you without info.

Also you must specify exactly your graphics settings.

What is your windows OS?

Do you use SSD or HDD?

Do you use antivirus?

Do you have background programs running?
    • Rym wrote:

You didn't give any info about your PC specs, and you didn't give any info about where exactly does the fps drop happen.

No one can help you without info.

Also you must specify exactly your graphics settings.

What is your windows OS?

Do you use SSD or HDD?

Do you use antivirus?

Do you have background programs running?
      I am using Windows 10 home, i7 6820 - 2.7 Ghz, 32 GB DDR 4 -2400,, nvidia 1080 - 8 gb. The game is running on HDD 7200 RPM. it was on the SSD but still 30 fps. And no, no av installed. Aion graphicare on high. i treid low and very low but still the same. No matter where i am, field, Sanctum, near broker, there is always 30 FPS
    • Is it a locked 30 FPS or do you still go above 30 sometimes?

Because if that's the case it could be the "battery boost" functions in the nvidia software. It limits FPS to 30 to save alot of battery power. I've had friends with the same problem after software updates. It would reset to a 30 fps lock after an update.

Nvm, didn't read.

I would honestly suggest to do a clean driver uninstall and go with a fresh install of geforce experience. Because I'm pretty sure it still is the nvidia software locking your FPS, regardless of what it says in the software.

Also, try to give an older version of geforce experience a shot, especially if this has been a recent issue.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Rastekkel ().

• First of all, that is a weak CPU for Aion.

Secondly, the HDD isn't helping by any means.

Thirdly, what do you exactly mean by 30 fps? if you look down at the ground and press F12, do you still have 30 fps?

Are you using FPS-limiting software?

Aion should not be played on a laptop, regardless of laptop configuration.
    • That CPU is not the issue. A quad core, 8 thread i7 on 3.6 ghz is more then enough for Aion. His problem is a software issue for sure.
      I'm pretty sure it's the nvidia software limiting his FPS. Alot of people have issues with "battery boost" resetting over and over again, shadowplay can be absolute trash from time to time.
    • No it’s not, well core wise it is, cuz even a dual core would be enough for aion (it uses 1 core only).
      But his 2.7ghz are trash, mine runs OC’ed with 4.5GHz and I still have performance issues -> trash engine -> Aion will never run fluent anymore, especially not in overdesigned new zones called Nosra or Esterra...
    • Click wrote:

No it’s not, well core wise it is, cuz even a dual core would be enough for aion (it uses 1 core only).
      But his 2.7ghz are trash, mine runs OC’ed with 4.5GHz and I still have performance issues -> trash engine -> Aion will never run fluent anymore, especially not in overdesigned new zones called Nosra or Esterra...
      I know what he was trying to say. But that I7 is more then good enough. It's a 2.7 base, but 3.6 boost I7 from the 6000 generation. I'm fully aware that a fast I3/I5 can run Aion just as good as an I7. But that's not the point here:

The point is. His I7 is not the reason he is getting 30 fps. His hardware is more then enough to get some very good performance. Like OP said, he was getting well into the 100 FPS before, and looking at the hardware, that's believable.

Take a look into threads with hundreds of people complaining about nvidia software locking their FPS because battery boost is not working correctly and you'll know what is happening to this guy :P
    • I am using nvidia gtx 750 ti and i7 3,2 somethign ghz. 100 fps at broker nosra. More than 3 years + i didnt crash a game or get send log. And i am dual accaunting with dota 2 and twitch on 1080 etc...
      basicaly multi tasking nonstop, 16 gb ram. Graphic setting in Aion( mostly on medium).
    • dual graphics card? check switchable graphic's setting, it happens sometimes that the intel one is working even if you force the game on the nvidia card.

also force physx on nvidia card from auto to forced on your card
      (old google image but it shows how to do it :P )

if all this is still not working do a driver cleanup with this tool and reinstall both intel and nvidia drivers