STOP SAYING GAME IS DEAD!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• STOP SAYING GAME IS DEAD!!

guys my opinion might not count that much I'm only playing a couple of months now but, aion is a great game and all the people who have been playing for a long time and keep posting that servers are dead ect. Are the ones killing them. I almost didnt start playing aion because of them (thankfully i ignored them). I'm from south africa an even here i know people playing aion. That should send a clear mesage that aion is by all means not dead. Yes it might not be what it used to be in terms of population bit how do you expect it to get there again if current players discourage prospective or new players. If you think aion is dead rather help invite more people to try. Game is old bit gold. Just some thoughts from a noob

• I'm sorry but reality is much darker than we'd like to think.

Maybe it's because we have too many servers?

If you look at the overall population graph, clearly having less servers would make the game much more alive.

Unfortunately we have some members who'd like to live in delusional dreams that higher population = less fun.
    • Rym wrote:

I'm sorry but reality is much darker than we'd like to think.

Maybe it's because we have too many servers?

If you look at the overall population graph, clearly having less servers would make the game much more alive.

Unfortunately we have some members who'd like to live in delusional dreams that higher population = less fun.
      The numbers on the new servers...wish someone would've warned gf before starting them...oh wait
    • Leondut ppl where saying that aion is death when all servers had more than 2k ppl ore more. Nothing changed and Will not changed about this statments cause game is old and not popular. If you compare it with gw2 and you can have all servers full and with this comparison is game more than dead. Dont forget aion eu started with 1 pay to play server perento with monthly sub. with around 3k ppl.
      If you compare it with this times game has grow and have more ppl to play it. But 5x patch which is the most unfriendly patch, aion eu lost some playerbase which might come back in future, we Will see about that.

The post was edited 2 times, last by [NICK]MrSlacks ().

• Aion is a great game still.

...Which happens to be published by GameForge, by no means is GF the worst company that could manage aion (hi RU hey NA) but they're not doing much in terms of advertising and helping new players either.

The newbie event is run like 3 times a year or what?

Not that many newbies even want to play in 5.x where you actually need to invest a lot of time to see real results.
    • Nice 10-11 AM numbers Rym, that totally shows the game is dead, you gottem!

You know, normal people have work, school, etc. etc. not everyone is in the basement complaining there's nobody online. Even on Grendal, at least asmo side, I consider to be plenty of people to do whatever you want.
    • The delusional members are the one thinking Aion ever had a 5k player population server or could hold that.

No, the game isn't dead. I left the game more than 2 years ago. I was on Spatalos. I came back like some months ago, same population on Deyla. Far from dead for me. And no matter how much they try to merge there's always lots of people that get lost during merges, more than you sum up separately. Before EU I played in NA. They merged 3 server, the one I was on it was populated. Now the new server has the same population as my old server. When there's too many people give up sieges and stuff easily. Look at NA, after the merge asmo is already giving up at sieges after a few tries. Try to coordinate with people from other servers, people that you don't know or doesn't care about you. That's what you get. Before NA/EU I played on CN around 2008-2009. There was zero fun soloing. The server I was on it was packed. There's nothing I could do solo. Zergs were killing everyone up to town, including town ncps like soul healer or teleporter. Lots of fun... not!
    • Well if you'd taken a moment to use what neurons you have left you'd have realized that I also mentioned the population only looks dead and can be heartily revived with some correct merges as there are too many servers.

But hey it's easier to bash people and attempt to make a point and in doing so make yourself either feel better or look smarter in someone else's eyes.

(Current message meant for the user n00b)
    • [NICK]MrSlacks wrote:

Dont forget aion eu started with 1 pay to play server perento with monthly sub. with around 3k ppl.
      Aion started in 2009 with by far more servers than perento - get real
      Telemachus Perento Spatalos Castor Gorgos Kahrun and later Kalil were the English servers (did I forget one?)
      we had 9hours queues!!! to even get into the game, and that was only English!
      Add to that the German and French Servers and you have way more than just 1 meager server
    • Back then the server capacity was also lower, with like 1k or something.They upgraded later, same as in Lineage.

Yea, Aion started with like twenty something servers. 2 years later, by the end of 2.7, every server was considered dead. That was like 6 years ago. Forever dead.
    • why ppl commeting that play on decent populated servers(atm at least will be a desert soon too) like deyla or helion.

You know there are many other sever too you know? Care to no act selfish?

Still low minded to think that more players woud bring troubles in terms of fun. Not usles ranks or houses, but i guess you play the game for a number on top of your head or god looking furniture.
    • first merge happened in June or July 2010, reducing the servers to NewSpatalos (Spata + Gorgos), NewTelemachus (Tele + Castor) and Perento (Perento, Kahrun, Kalil)
      (sry, I am not familiar with the other languages) - the merge itself was not the problem, but the immediately afterwards free unlimited transfers that went on way too long and therefore cleared a few factions - NC failed in delivering balance since the beginning

A game that is so heavily faction depending would have needed a way stronger monitoring regarding the balance
    • Hashtag wrote:

why ppl commeting that play on decent populated servers(atm at least will be a desert soon too) like deyla or helion.

You know there are many other sever too you know? Care to no act selfish?

Still low minded to think that more players woud bring troubles in terms of fun. Not usles ranks or houses, but i guess you play the game for a number on top of your head or god looking furniture.
      I could say exactly the same about the other people. Stop saying the game is dead if you play on empty servers, there are servers with people besides your server. I guess it's alright for you to call others low minded when you guys don't even use your brains when you type.
    • Click wrote:

you can’t say game is not dead when you’re not playing on Antriksha or Grendal.
      Well game is not kaputt, Server is kaputt.
      Spatalos was in an worse shape just a few years ago, asmo side compared to Grendal asmo side now.

I've heard this "Aion is dead" since I started playing, it will never go away because there's too many kids on the internet. Personally when I find the game is getting stale, I just quit for a year or two.
    • Well, everyone can say whatever they want, it's their own opinion. We discuss opinions around here and rarely facts.

The problem is when someone that has another opinion, which they consider it a fact, starts calling names or even insult others for having a different opinion. We are not living in caves anymore, I thought us Europeans are more civilized than that but this is what people understand by criticizing.
    • I heard it for couple of years heh it's kinda funny imo. Just like NA version. They said it's dead for long time. Everyday I'm asking myself why such people are still visiting forum / funpage why they don't leave us for good. lol