STOP SAYING GAME IS DEAD!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• failboat wrote:

I could say exactly the same about the other people. Stop saying the game is dead if you play on empty servers, there are servers with people besides your server. I guess it's alright for you to call others low minded when you guys don't even use your brains when you type.
      Where did i say the game is dead ? Can you quote pls. And you sad i dont use brain ? Interesting, OK.

Yes there IS a server with ppl (deyla). What about other 11 ? Care to share your opie solution for that problem, so that we get servers with same population as deyla have atm ? I realy wanna hear it, and others too.

failboat wrote:

Well, everyone can say whatever they want, it's their own opinion. We discuss opinions around here and rarely facts.

The problem is when someone that has another opinion
      This is not an opion, there are basic numbers as you can see which servers are quite empty and thats a FACT! And your opinion is only based for your server, which solves nothing and thats ridiciulus.
    • Because you implied that when you said

why ppl commeting that play on decent populated servers(atm at least will be a desert soon too) like deyla or helion.
      Or did you forgot that the title of the thread is called "STOP SAYING GAME IS DEAD!!"?

And now it's Deyla only? What happened to the other server you mentioned?

In my last part of my post I was referring to your last part of your post. Can you follow your own post and remember what you typed? You make things up.

Still low minded to think that more players woud bring troubles in terms of fun. Not usles ranks or houses, but i guess you play the game for a number on top of your head or god looking furniture.
      Saying a full server is fun is an opinion, same as saying a full server is not fun. Fact is, I actually played on packed server, that's why my opinion is that a full server is not fun. Anyway, you start insulting others for their opinions, not much can expect from such person.
    • yes im playing hellion. And the main point im trying bring over is that if experienced players stop bad mouthing the game because they miss the glory days and rather promote the good things about the game things would probably pick up and population would go up in the game. Be realistic guys gameforge is a business, no amount of complaints about high priced items ect. will change that. If population is low, prices will be higher gf have to make profits. No profits, no gf = no aion. The only thing that will change it is if experienced players promote the game for the great game it is. All this negitive talk by the experienced players only scare away new prospective players. Think about it if new players come in and see people who are playing end game complain about everything and spout about how everything has gone to hell they would more than likely quit before they even try. Respectively if people go on to a page like this and see everyone praizing the game a lot of new players would be attracted and most likely things that are dificult to obtain or has to be baught in the cash store for huge prices would become cheaper and more easily obtainable because gameforge could then start working in the issues cuz if their making frofit out of quantity they don't need to make things so expensive. And everyone claiming that players of 4 years left because the game is bad now isn't fair either. More than likely there are a lot of people who wanted to play other games because they had had their fun and it was time to move on. NOT EVERYONE CAN PLAY THE SAME GAME FOR 8 YEARS. some can but honestly most people will get bored and others might just be moving on to other things in their lives. Its natural for people to move forward. Just my 2 cents
    • Yes yes i mistaked it was more servers but at least equal ppl than now probably around 20k idk, i sayed this from mine brains. I still think aion is not dead and equal position many years, now player base is droping with 5x but still game is not dead. If they Will do 4 server and servers Will ahve around 4k ppl, we Will still on 16k. If yo uwana game with million palyers you need to switch to dota 2 or gw2. Aion Eu never had more than 40k playerbase active ppl on servers never. ( 12 servers? 5500 cap., 60k+ ppl if they are full. older servers had lower cap). Aion Eu never had big playerbase like wow or cs, dota, llinage.. etc..

The post was edited 2 times, last by MrSlacks ().

• Leondut wrote:

aion is a great game and all the people who have been playing for a long time and keep posting that servers are dead ect. Are the ones killing them.

No, that's GameForge.

I'm not bad mouthing the game because I miss the good old days. I'm just very critical of the way GameForge and NCSoft handle the game, making it basically unplayable without putting a lot of bucks in their cashshop while heavily ignoring community feedback and just generally being absolutely incompetent at managing their product.

The game used to be better. Is the game still fine? It would be, sure, if they didn't screw it up by being short sighted and greedy.
    • Game isn t dead yeh, it's the community who make it look like that :P Some servers r low populated but there r still plenty of players... Idk why people quit the game and then keep writing shets about it and cry on fb communities etc, you don t like the game anymore, thank you, bye bye, have fun. New players come to aion , ask smth on forums, fb and people who don t bother playing, but constantly following aion, spread the hate and the new guy lose will to start it seriously... If you like the aion you shouldn't have even start this thread, it'll just awake all the haters to bs on aion even more xD
    • When I started to play Aion in 2011 the game was in a bad shape.

There wasn't that many players because subscription based mmorpgs started to go out of fashion. Aion was also quite hard game to get into as a newbie. For lots of players there was not much to do because they already had grinded the content through and they were just eagerly waiting for 3.0 to be announced for EU. It was delayed and people got anxious, lots of players started to drop out. Some were waiting for Blade & Soul (which never came), Tera and Guild Wars 2 because it started to look like we will never get the patch. Less and less people logged in, LFG was half dead in my server Spatalos. Well NCSoft had other plans anyway, they got rid of us and sold the licence to GameForge.

GameForge pulled out a joker card and switcher the game to "free to play" model. Business wise that was a genius move because not that many games were f2p at that time (WoW, Rift, Tera, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars The Old Republic etc. were all subscription based games). I think without F2P model the game would've died long time ago (or if NCSoft didn't sell the licence they would've just shut down the servers). F2P brought lots of people back to the game because they got chance to see all the content without paying. Shop was quite innocent at start, Gold Pack used to be the most controversial item because starter restrictions were really strict.

Servers were always populated around the clock, there was always some group for something. Sieges were so filled with players that people with avg PCs were suffering from constant 2-3FPS. On Spatalos for example it wasn't so uncommon that Asmodians had 250-300 players and we got just ran over by 500+ Elyos. This trend continued from patch 3.0 all the way to half way in patch 4.5 or so.

If you compare those times to what servers are now, yes, they don't seem so populated. Especially English community is shattered between multiple servers which sucks a lot because I don't have any plans to learn a new language to play Aion (expect Korean). This together with this 5.0 content scared lots of old and new players away (breakable gear, estimas, harder leveling, shop oriented progression system).

What can we learn from this? Less people tend to play when new patch is close, people don't really have motivation to do anything when they know their gear will get outdated soon. And this patch hasn't been so great.

Well if you're happy with the game, don't let anyone stop you from playing.
    • Well think of the bright side. You can freely take 7-9 months break and you barely lose anything. Can still come back in 6.0 if you have decent feather, estimas and bracelet. You can even do once in a while few LoK and GoK to get more kinah if you want a bit better start. Just exchange all serums and APES to new enchantment stones and you get pretty nice start in 6.0 without doing a thing for 9 months.
      Life is short so eat dessert first!

Twitch: xKegi
      Youtube: xKegi
      Facebook: xKegi

Admin of Aion EU Community facebook group
      Founder of Aion EU Community Discord
    • Yes there IS a server with ppl (deyla). What about other 11 (10) Care to share your opie solution for that problem, so that we get servers with same population as deyla is atm ? I realy wanna hear it, and others too.

Fixed, why you dodge the q ?

failboat wrote:

Still low minded to think that more players woud bring troubles in terms of fun. Not usles ranks or houses, but i guess you play the game for a number on top of your head or god looking furniture.
      Saying a full server is fun is an opinion, same as saying a full server is not fun. Fact is, I actually played on packed server, that's why my opinion is that a full server is not fun. Anyway, you start insulting others for their opinions, not much can expect from such person.
      I was speaking in general, for ppl who think merge is not needed, but i guess you cant read between the lines xd. If server run on 50% cap thats not a full server btw.

No im not trying to instult anyone, and you was the one calling ppl delusional first lol, hypocrite :D

And kegi is right, ppl gonna leave even more in 5.8 and its hard to ignore that. And obviusly if "new" players start on new servers even old ones and see emty lfg/recr they dont stay long. Why ? Bad content and to many servers. Hope 6.0 will change things.
    • Rym wrote:

I'm sorry but reality is much darker than we'd like to think.

Maybe it's because we have too many servers?

If you look at the overall population graph, clearly having less servers would make the game much more alive.

Unfortunately we have some members who'd like to live in delusional dreams that higher population = less fun.
      And at normal time:

14ec2c36c7714731917066d7bb3313d7.png

aka merge new servers with least populated old ones
      Divine
    • Yes, the main issue is you didn't play before.

some facts:
      1) Now (especially next update) is the most p2w period of game. Let's compare to updates that were like 4 years ago:
      About gear: dont need to enchant accessories, stigmas, estimas, bracelets/feathers and wings, manastones for gear cost 10-20kk, limit for enchanting is +15, no shop items that influence balance (9% aspd+cast scrolls, no apple 2% aspd, no 4% candies, no glorious champion title and so on), what else I forgot.

About balance: new classes that are mostly considered as better (sometimes imba) than old ones from 4.0-4.5, incarnations from 5.0 that are STILL butthurt, drana/nutricious meal was implemented in huge numbers in game and have been abused hard by some classes (and even after fix it will give advantage in pvp if to use drana/meal each cd).

Some things are better ofcourse: better stigma builds from 4.8, new defensive sets for supports (m.sup, strike resist, MR is capped by 50% instead of ridiculous 90% - more variety in pvp).

2) I am not going to whine again, but I am stating that I am forced to do main pvp instance (Runatorium) with ppl from another server cause it's imposible to find anybody decent on own server. Spent a lot of time to find, not just couple of months. If these ppl play with me, proly they have the same problems on their server. - It's all about low online.

3) GameForge does mostly (not everything) bad work in publishing:
      Events are terrible - check poll results in each event-thread - 90%+ voted that events are bad. Also 0 pvp events.
      Fixes are very slow - arena seasons dont work for half-year.
      Very slow in fixing online issue - merge is very delayed, also new servers were opened when ppl expected merge that made these 2-4% online servers as you see.
      Feedback - they say it's heard, but actions dont prove it. Nothing was done about incarnations, bmr and gold arena (group). I understand that NCSoft is developer, but when so many ppl didn't like these things and no any reaction went - nothing to say. For example, in NA there is gold arena 3v3 nstead of 6v6. So, I consider GF doesnt care about players.
      And now they are going to merge only some servers (to be short: some servers will leave dead almost as now, for example if it goes Antri+Grendal or Hellion+Grendal or Barus+Miren) because GameForge employees dont play their own game to see situation clearly. If they played, they would notice that you never find any group for Arena of Cooperation, you never find group for 6v6 gold arena, almost no decent ppl for pvp instances (if they are fine to lose 90% of runs with ppl that play atm, then oke skip this sentence).

p.s. probably forgot some moments.
    • @Cinerea i agree with a lot of things you have said (like shop being more innocent).

Servers have suffered from low population in the past aswell, i came back in 3.7-3.9 after a break. And i remember seeing Nexus having around 1.200 players at peak times, that´s what you can see in Hellion or Deyla right now. And it was not like... ugh we had 3.0 for 2 years... i think 3.0 came around summer 2012 and 6 months after you could see this.

I wouldn´t say gameforge was the genius behind Aion F2P. It was well planned for NCsoft to make eu-na f2p, and nc made their august selling veterans account months before the change. I guess they didn´t continiu publishing Aion EU since they were about to go bankrupt, with games performing badly, gw2 was not there, eventually they closed their Brighton eu office and redirect some of their employees to NC west or Arenanet. They re-opened some time after.

To be honest i have never seen an international server being that populated (aside from specific languages like Thor, Utrem etc...). Probably the "gold" times had some stable 2.000 people in [Eng] servers. But some people magically think that mixing all of them will make 3k servers.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Wixi ().

• Hashtag wrote:

Yes there IS a server with ppl (deyla). What about other 11 (10) Care to share your opie solution for that problem, so that we get servers with same population as deyla is atm ? I realy wanna hear it, and others too.

Fixed, why you dodge the q ?

failboat wrote:

I was speaking in general, for ppl who think merge is not needed, but i guess you cant read between the lines xd. If server run on 50% cap thats not a full server btw.
      No im not trying to instult anyone, and you was the one calling ppl delusional first lol, hypocrite :D

And kegi is right, ppl gonna leave even more in 5.8 and its hard to ignore that. And obviusly if "new" players start on new servers even old ones and see emty lfg/recr they dont stay long. Why ? Bad content and to many servers. Hope 6.0 will change things.
      It's seems you're the one dodging the subject and changing it. Again, this was about game being dead. Now you ask me for a solution for your dead server? I'm not the one to provide solutions and implement them, that is GF. No matter what solution I would say there's nothing that stops you from spinning around the answer.

Merging all INT servers will result in a full server.

You did insult me and others quite a few times. I called back delusional the single person that called me delusional. Did you read the first page?
    • Sebivine wrote:

Someone that gets it!

This merge was never about old servers. They even said if they feel like there's a need for another merge they will do it. This is strictly about new created servers. They asked the flock, do you want your new and dead servers to be merge with some older servers or merged them together? Everything else about merging old servers with old servers is just talk from players and wishful thinking, this merge was always about the new and dead servers.

Desperation wrote:

Events are terrible - check poll results in each event-thread - 90%+ voted that events are bad.
      In their defense, those that vote are under 1% of the community and they are usually the salty ones.
    • failboat wrote:

In their defense, those that vote are under 1% of the community and they are usually the salty ones.
      Yeah, the events are so good am I right ?
      Tell me what is so good about any of the events.

failboat wrote:

Sebivine wrote:

Someone that gets it!
      This merge was never about old servers. They even said if they feel like there's a need for another merge they will do it. This is strictly about new created servers. They asked the flock, do you want your new and dead servers to be merge with some older servers or merged them together? Everything else about merging old servers with old servers is just talk from players and wishful thinking, this merge was always about the new and dead servers.

And this merge will serve no purpose. Why even waste time on doing it. Servers are overpopulated and we don't want any more players,none, nada, 0. All new players can go to other games. I will lose my housing and rank for which I have spent thousands of euros on, (which serves no real purpose anymore since like 4.8) and it shows I am very strong pvp player and I don't want any new players to come and change it. Broker is full of items for good price and if you dont want to buy them you can farm the ingame easily or buy from aion shop like me hehexd. No matter where I go in open world I get pvp 24/7.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Judai ().

• Hashtag wrote:

Care to share your opie solution for that problem, so that we get servers with same population as deyla have atm ?
      i'll give u one - START helping new players, i've been doing this for many years and quite a lot of those ex new players are still around. Antiksha has close to 0 ppl helping newcomers and its basically mostly liek despa's behaviour "if u dont have max gear jsut dont play". This is why antri is dying so rapidly.
      and Yes there are new players but when u(i dont mean personally u but all the community) make groups for lok 73/74+ what exactly do u expect to happen? new ppl to magically have max gear and carry you instead?
      oh another example i've seen recently - a guy asks what starting gear to get after 66 and it was followed by 10 responses like buy it from the aion shop- this elitist behaviour leads to nothing.

Judai wrote:

Yeah, the events are so good am I right ?
      Tell me what is so good about any of the events.
      if you knew how to use the events u'd know.
      Sure lots of them are bad but there are good ones too. Unfortunately we have either events giving nothing useful or such that flood the servers with rewards(and ppl still complain) which is not rly balanced but to some extend is fine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by t0re ().