STOP SAYING GAME IS DEAD!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• failboat wrote:

It's seems you're the one dodging the subject and changing it. Again, this was about game being dead. Now you ask me for a solution for your dead server? I'm not the one to provide solutions and implement them, that is GF. No matter what solution I would say there's nothing that stops you from spinning around the answer.
      Ofc the game is not dead if u login on deyla 20:00. (an example) Shoud ppl that ask on miren lfg if the game is alive say yes ? If they only see 20 ppl jumping in estera ? Yea i dont think so. No im asking you to not ask selfish and care only for you benefit. So nice dodge again on the q, you clearly dont know the current situation in EU (you didnt even play few years, just saying as you stated). Your solution woud be merge nothing + nothing = done (0 + 0 = 0) so pls spare us your wisdom xD bye.

t0re wrote:

i'll give u one - START helping new players, i've been doing this for many years and quite a lot of those ex new players are still around. Antiksha has close to 0 ppl helping newcomers and its basically mostly liek despa's behaviour "if u dont have max gear jsut dont play". This is why antri is dying so rapidly.
      and Yes there are new players but when u(i dont mean personally u but all the community) make groups for lok 73/74+ what exactly do u expect to happen? new ppl to magically have max gear and carry you instead?
      oh another example i've seen recently - a guy asks what starting gear to get after 66 and it was followed by 10 responses like buy it from the aion shop- this elitist behaviour leads to nothing.
      Yes i agree here, but im not one of them. Alot of times i see ppl asking q in lfg and alot of times i w/ them to help them, i even gave some ppl stigmas from alts, i even give like 1 month ago a "new user" 50kk just because he begged me(but he was asking for 10kk). So yes im a helpful guy, and ppl who know me knows that.

But if some ppl ask shoud i play on this server i say no, go on deyla, because there is no point to lie. There is/are only 1 mybe 2 good populated servers. Other 10 are quite empty. So is the game dead ? Not yet, but you cant say its alive either.
    • failboat wrote:

Well, everyone can say whatever they want, it's their own opinion. We discuss opinions around here and rarely facts.

The problem is when someone that has another opinion, which they consider it a fact, starts calling names or even insult others for having a different opinion. We are not living in caves anymore, I thought us Europeans are more civilized than that but this is what people understand by criticizing.
      You are speaking like EU is an united entity. Did you forget the Yugoslav wars etc? It took place between 1991 – 2001, not that long ago.
    • Rett wrote:

failboat wrote:

Well, everyone can say whatever they want, it's their own opinion. We discuss opinions around here and rarely facts.

The problem is when someone that has another opinion, which they consider it a fact, starts calling names or even insult others for having a different opinion. We are not living in caves anymore, I thought us Europeans are more civilized than that but this is what people understand by criticizing.
      You are speaking like EU is an united entity. Did you forget the Yugoslav wars etc? It took place between 1991 – 2001, not that long ago.
      I don't know man, some ex Yugoslavia countries are quite nice to visit nowadays. Plus us europeans have been battling each other for thousands of years, nothing new on this front.
    • t0re wrote:

i'll give u one - START helping new players, i've been doing this for many years and quite a lot of those ex new players are still around. Antiksha has close to 0 ppl helping newcomers and its basically mostly liek despa's behaviour "if u dont have max gear jsut dont play". This is why antri is dying so rapidly.
      But you dont take a look at some moments:
      - how much I played, I found only 3 really static ppl. And they were already skilled - I didnt need to help them (yes, I helped some guys, but they gave up. Do you maybe want names? Jamis, Icrityou, Xingel, Shred, some more that I helped with learning pvp and I am not sure if it helped them since they werent so interested). How much static ppl with really good future will you find among newbies? It's very hard to find such ppl.
      If I am going to train some guy in pvp and to help (to lend money, to sell my vr serums/apes very cheap, to help with quests/instances - yes, I am not pve oriented, but I dont mind to help with instance if its not long), he must prove he has huge plans in gearing up, he asks a lot of question how is better and the most important that he must be interested in pvp.
      Last time one cleric was lf coop premade. I asked him if he wanna try, but he sad he is ungeared and low-lvl: he wanted to find group first of all, then he was going to lvl and gear up. I said okey anyway cause we needed someone skilled (he had some video of gameplay, I liked it). What's now? I havent seen any message/news by him. Do you want me to help such ppl? I have too sad experience in this matter unfortunately.

- this behaviour is only about pvp. For pve (it's mostly hero trials) I will inv almost anybody. I think newbies understand that they wont get slot in my group for pvp - it's obvious. The same relates almost to any other pvp group. I dont see something not ordinary here.

- even when I was skilled and average geared, I still wasnt invited in some groups/alli (it was after merge when ppl from new-made server didnt know me), so dont need to make me as example next time :aunhappy: And you forget one more moment: if I dont invite some guy that is average or even advanced skilled/geared, it doesnt mean I personally dont give him chance: I do conclusion after asking my groupmembers if they know such name. But at the end it looks like I am the one who refuses to invite and get blamed as too demanding. It's duty of leader to get flames instead of whole group, so

The post was edited 1 time, last by Desperation ().

• Desperation wrote:

so dont need to make me as example next time
      ok sorry about that :S i did mean your group selection method tho, meaning this:

Desperation wrote:

he must prove he has huge plans in gearing up, he asks a lot of question how is better and the most important that he must be interested in pvp
      i do agree thats its good for the ppl to have plans for futher progress, but what u are saying here is that u want to be able to use those people. Believe it or not most of the players in aion either dont like pvp or just do it rarely - which automatically excludes a lot of the players. Who do u think is buying the stuff u put on broker? You need all those ppl to progress yourself, whether u like it or not.
      As for bad experince i also have such, even remember of rly dramatic example of a ranger that we carried on pre-5.0 for months on all kinds of instances when he had nothing and when he got some gear during 5.0 was training my legion with bosses, KSing our mobs and etc etc ,started flaming some ppl and even replied no1 helped him for anything when i asked him why is he doing this to the ppl that helped him into the game.However that doesnt mean every1 is bad.
      regarding that i got interesting question @every1 , how many of u high levels rush into the LoK room with artifact in middle to kill the guardian instead of killing the mob on door+pat 1st?
    • So, why not then create more art/game play content on YouTube or other platforms and promote the game. I'm sure GF would be pleased and will probably reward people that are promoting the game and bringing other people to, excuse me, THE CASH SHOP, ehem.

Some of you are very skilled artists. Musicians, Graphic Designers, Painters, Writers. You can create and promote. I'm sure some one will see that and join. One of those may be another artist that will get inspired and create more content inspired by the game.

Aion is not dead. It is a beautiful game. Gloomy players make this game rotten from the inside. In Angel Heart we managed to snatch and save few new players by giving our hand, knowledge and experience. They decided to stay. I am happy to see new players and I am always ready to help, not just them, but every one.

Go and make a group where you will take new players, take a lowbie and carry him, help some one. A deed to a random person can be voice heard beyond the game. He/She will tell the story of a person that was eager to take them to an adventure even tho they are ungeared, new, what ever. It will make their day, they will tell that to friends, friends will join. And the chain just keeps building.

More people mean more items in Broker. Lesser price in Broker's and probably in Cash Shop. GameForge will not go blind for this. 90% of what I'm saying is a bit off-topic, but I think I have the right to say this. I'm an old player as well. Ex-Telemachus. But my point is to stop nyerking and do something about it. GameForge is a publisher, not maker. They need money, you need more people and to stop nyerking about the ''dead game'' term.

Tl;dr
      Game is not dead, it is just rotting from the inside thanks to community.
      Comic Sans MS as the main font,
      Having me as a friend is a know perk,
      I will hold you, love you,
      Tickle, kiss and most definetly nyerk.
      :cookieshugo:
    • Guds wrote:

So, why not then create more art/game play content on YouTube or other platforms and promote the game. I'm sure GF would be pleased and will probably reward people that are promoting the game and bringing other people to, excuse me, THE CASH SHOP, ehem.

Some of you are very skilled artists. Musicians, Graphic Designers, Painters, Writers. You can create and promote. I'm sure some one will see that and join. One of those may be another artist that will get inspired and create more content inspired by the game.

Aion is not dead. It is a beautiful game. Gloomy players make this game rotten from the inside. In Angel Heart we managed to snatch and save few new players by giving our hand, knowledge and experience. They decided to stay. I am happy to see new players and I am always ready to help, not just them, but every one.

Go and make a group where you will take new players, take a lowbie and carry him, help some one. A deed to a random person can be voice heard beyond the game. He/She will tell the story of a person that was eager to take them to an adventure even tho they are ungeared, new, what ever. It will make their day, they will tell that to friends, friends will join. And the chain just keeps building.

More people mean more items in Broker. Lesser price in Broker's and probably in Cash Shop. GameForge will not go blind for this. 90% of what I'm saying is a bit off-topic, but I think I have the right to say this. I'm an old player as well. Ex-Telemachus. But my point is to stop nyerking and do something about it. GameForge is a publisher, not maker. They need money, you need more people and to stop nyerking about the ''dead game'' term.

Tl;dr
      They are not really good in promoting anything, there were people who were doing that type of content, who even had cooperation with Gameforge ( Fun With Leibo ) but they stopped because Gameforge is so bad to work with.

A lot of streamers who asked cooperation but barely got any, if nothing.

And I agree, there's a lot of people on this forum who play continuously for many years, and became bitter about the game.
    • [NICK]n00b wrote:

Guds wrote:

So, why not then create more art/game play content on YouTube or other platforms and promote the game. I'm sure GF would be pleased and will probably reward people that are promoting the game and bringing other people to, excuse me, THE CASH SHOP, ehem.

Tl;dr
      They are not really good in promoting anything, there were people who were doing that type of content, who even had cooperation with Gameforge ( Fun With Leibo ) but they stopped because Gameforge is so bad to work with.
      A lot of streamers who asked cooperation but barely got any, if nothing.

And I agree, there's a lot of people on this forum who play continuously for many years, and became bitter about the game.
      Well, then, this will sound way too harsh and, to be honest, makes my heart pound like Hell Fire during siege, it sounds like I'm wishing something bad upon GF. This may sound like a ''nyerk you'' to GF, but we can always unite for a petition to change the publisher or what not. We can't stay keyboard Gladiators forever. There has to be something that can be done without hurting both sides, rather benefiting same. :slove:
    • Yes! Lets change the publisher to Innova or NC West? ?(

A lot of bigger games than Aion don't work with streamers, that because the popular streamers do x amount of hours for some money and that's it. In a lot of games, including Aion, there's nothing much you can show in this time if you start new.
    • Guds wrote:

We had that. GameForge found a way to screw that up, even.

RysinG wrote:

" Hey Guys,
      actually we didn't wanted to say anything about this, but enough is enough.

We finished the project "Fun with Leibo" on the 1. of December.

After we have been stalling for months by gameforge, this step was unfortunately necessary.

In fact, an agreement with gameforge should be made earlier this summer, which would have been necessary to bring our project to the next level.

However, it was not possible during this time to sit on a table with gf / Skype, ts etc. To discuss the necessary steps properly. And unfortunately in good faith we have let ourselves be put off from week to week.

And that's just the part they didn't get censored on the forums.
    • Leondut, it's nice you are enjoying the game, but don't blame or flame on long time players, cause you have no idea what we have witnessed since 2009 and you certainly can't understand why many of us have the attitude you disagree with.

If you look at the game from sociological and behaviouristic standpoint you can see huge changes related to attitude between players, greediness, selfshiness, egocentrism, epeens etc. The part that Aion lack the most at the moment is certainly fun. Of course every game loses it's appeal over time, but the way this game evolves is killing fun at accelerating rate.
    • Rym wrote:

I'm sorry but reality is much darker than we'd like to think.

Maybe it's because we have too many servers?

If you look at the overall population graph, clearly having less servers would make the game much more alive.

Unfortunately we have some members who'd like to live in delusional dreams that higher population = less fun.
      When did you took the data? I looked at Saturday's evening and the numbers were way higher. They were higher at 2:24 am this night too.
    • Aion long ago just like frankenstein is just mashed dispaired expensive and senseless absurd.NC Soft proves its :nothingtoseehere: reputation. 99% people that experienced its previous projects won't ever touch new with 10 feet pole.

Language please
      -senpai

The post was edited 2 times, last by Opranger: Fixed ().

• Opranger wrote:

Aion long ago just like frankenstein is just mashed dispaired expensive and senseless absurd.NC Soft proves its :nothingtoseehere: reputation. 99% people that experienced its previous projects won't ever touch new with 10 feet pole.

Language please
      -senpai

Jesus Christ, this game had the potential to be among the best MMOs ever. Aion is not dead at all. 6.0 Hype, many players are already returning to the game. Deyla is as busy as ever. Merge to come soon. New managers that are taking feedback. Why are you doing this? People like you ruin the game for other people. Why are you even playing it? Why are you trolling so much? Is your life that boring? Don't you have to study? Work? I am not defending anyone, by any means, but man, people like you destroyed the game. So much toxicity, negativity. Just stop.
      Game is far away from dead, both NC and GF are reforming and started listening to player base.
      Congrats on reading you first book from Mary Shelley.