Better early than late: Do NOT crap on the 6.0 patch, Gameforge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Better early than late: Do NOT crap on the 6.0 patch, Gameforge

Yea, yea I know the usual drill: "We are in early stages of developing and we can't give you information now guyzzz". Listen, we don't need information, just DO AS WE SAY. I'll speak for the entire community, let this be my sin - idc.

The 6.0 patch is incompatible with EU's Gold Packs, Veteran Rewards and Cash Shop. That much is sure when we look at the different kind of shops they have now. So.. instead of trying to incorporate your cash shop, veteran rewards and gold packs in the most scummy way possible while nerfing all ingame content (as we are all 95% sure will happen despite any feedback/backlash you get), give us the CLEAN 6.0 patch.

Yes, people will cry for compensations on their VRs. Yes, they will cry about their gear compensation. BUT that doesn't mean you have to keep the game 1650% p2w as it is now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off how 6.0 works briefly:

Gold Bar Shop => Kinah resets to 0, all current kinah is exchanged for gold bars that are used to buy stuff from the gold bar shop (exchange rate was 30kk-ish for 1 gold): You can buy all sorts of consumables (candies, foods etc.), deavanion skill cards for the new skills, current skin skill cards, but most importantly -> PvE and PvP enchantment stones (this is what almost everyone will use their gold bars for)

Kinah Shop => The "New" kinah you farm in 6.0: you use those to buy gold bars (1.3kk for 1 gold/3 daily), all the skins in the game, consumables and transformation cards (most valuable).

Quna Shop => Quna is farmed in quests (most quests ingame incl. weeklies and dailies), and >>>>p2w'd<<<: You can use it to buy most of the important stuff - best gear (so far wings confirmed only), more transformation contracts/scrolls, consumables (the new potions), all skins in the game (wings, weapons, accs included), name/plastic/legion change tickets, stigma enchantment stones, minion contracts, all motion/stigma cards in the game and other stuff.
    From what I saw you CANNOT buy enchantment stones with Quna, and +0 gear is practically useless so It's not THAT p2w. But I may be wrong about that.

NCoins (Aion Coins for us): Can buy Quna directly or buy "Gold Packs".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here comes the possible "compensation/solution" for the EU community: The "Gold Packs" in Korea currently give you 200 Quna up front and 30 Quna per day if you play at least 1:30h daily (1100/month). Additionally they give you a buff which gives you: usual EXP gains increase, stats (HP, attack/magic attack etc.). The buff has 10 levels and the more gold packs you buy the higher your level is. Stats give 1900 HP at max gold pack level, so It's noticable, but not game breaking (ppl walk around with 30-60k hp in 6.0) the other stats idk, but similar.

>>>>>> However the most important thing about this buff is: YOU CANNOT BUY MAX LVL BUFF UP FRONT => if you buy 10 gold packs you must wait 10 months to get the last level buff and rewards.

Personally I think this is a good system and no change is needed. But people will QQ about their VRs so one way to compensate the 80/80 or 100/100 (w/e max is now) people is to add the current VR items into the buff levels.
    And by current VR items I don't mean the 80% useless items like 30min cd pots, cd reset scrolls for obsolete dungeons/arenas, 9h CD amulets, obsolete wings and what not. In fact the only truly useful items in VRs start from very high level and those are the titles, the upgrade serums, the omega stones. Rest is cosmetic/filler/30days.

The valuable rewards must be exchanged to 6.0 valuable rewards such as myth enchantment stones or normal ones and then implemented to the buff levels (ex: lvl 1 = 5 normal enchant pvp an pve stones + most powerful in aion title, lvl 2 same w/o title, lvl 3 = 5 PvP and PvE mythic stones, lvl 8 best in aion title + red stones etc. etc.). Then the buff levels should be compensated/assigned to people according to their current VR levels. The ratio is pretty simple (10:1) we have 100 VR levels, koreans have 10 buff levels. 40/100VR ppl get lvl 4 buff and rewards, 80/100 get lvl 8 buff and rewards, 100/100 get lvl 10 buff and rewards etc.. The rewards should be insta allocate, unlike the buff, so we won't have to wait 10 months to get our enchant stones.
    Other questions such as should those rewards be able to be allocated to all characters or just one, and should the 6h reset be kept remain to be answered (best no, but if QQmeter is high maybe yes?) Middle ground is allocate all on one char, and in 6 months u can allocate to another/same.

For the gear compensation... Honestly I don't think there should be any. In fact I'd reset HP ranks as well and then reset them every 3 months.. A lot of new/old people will start playing again in 6.0. I think giving everyone same-ish start is better.
    Maybe give the people who manage to get A80 +10/15 gear full crafted 6.0 myth set +0. [crafted gear in 6.0 isn't the best gear, the one you get with Quna is, altho currently not implemented(?)]. Maybe someone else can come up with a solution for the gear. I'm biased because I don't have much gear myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those things and decisions must be ironed out in the next one or two months, not like all the other changes: 1 day before patch goes live and 98% of the community hates it. This patch does have the potential to double the playerbase (therefor $$), but Gameforge needs to not be a greedy a**hat company that cares only for money for ONCE in their history of owning Aion and COMMUNICATE with their customers early on. After all info on 6.0 is ironed out, give us few options and make an ingame survey, then make the decision.

~~~Clearly during all those years the players were coming up with way better systems that benefit both them and the company while Gameforge's decisions were usually greedy/crap, therefor might as well turn your brains off and just do as we say this time~~~

Ye I'm rude, that's what you deserve Gameforge :whistling:
  • You can buy 150 legendary enchantment stones and 5 ultimate enchantment stones from the Quna shop for 6500 Quna.

Difference between stones:

Ancient - When enchantment fails, the item level drops by -1, when enchantment fails above +10, the level is reset to 10. When enchantment fails at +10, level drops by -1.

Legendary - When enchantment fails, the item level drops by -1, when enchantment fails above +10, the level is reset to 10. When enchantment fails at +10, the level can not drop.

Ultimate - Guaranteed that level can not drop in case of an enchantment failure regardless of enchantment level.

The enchantment rate at +10 is low, 52% chance of success with 48% chance of failure, the luck roll is also highly likely to roll within the 48% margin, making the real enchantment % value of around 30%.

Weapons acquire +20 glow at level +10.
  • Why should we play now if you want anything reset in 6.0? Don't get me wrong, I don't have much myself but I'm against the idea of resets. For gear compensation it's whatever, I don't plan on upgrading the gear in 5.8. If you want to start blank, better ask for new server or just play on one of the new dead servers and hope more people would come there in 6.0.

I for one like the GP system that is here, I don't find anything scummy about it. Everyone can enjoy GP's, even those that can't/won't pay a cent. Since not much things are tradeable in 6.0, there won't be a necessity of having a million vr accounts, therefore cheaper gold packs (they are cheap now anyway).

No, you do not speak in the name of the whole community. Not agreeing with all of your idea and definitely not my style of language I'd address with, to get some results.
  • [NICK]heeyitsme wrote:

Yea, yea I know the usual drill: "We are in early stages of developing and we can't give you information now guyzzz". Listen, we don't need information, just DO AS WE SAY. I'll speak for the entire community, let this be my sin - idc.

The 6.0 patch is incompatible with EU's Gold Packs, Veteran Rewards and Cash Shop. That much is sure when we look at the different kind of shops they have now. So.. instead of trying to incorporate your cash shop, veteran rewards and gold packs in the most scummy way possible while nerfing all ingame content (as we are all 95% sure will happen despite any feedback/backlash you get), give us the CLEAN 6.0 patch.

Yes, people will cry for compensations on their VRs. Yes, they will cry about their gear compensation. BUT that doesn't mean you have to keep the game 1650% p2w as it is now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off how 6.0 works briefly:

Gold Bar Shop => Kinah resets to 0, all current kinah is exchanged for gold bars that are used to buy stuff from the gold bar shop (exchange rate was 30kk-ish for 1 gold): You can buy all sorts of consumables (candies, foods etc.), deavanion skill cards for the new skills, current skin skill cards, but most importantly -> PvE and PvP enchantment stones (this is what almost everyone will use their gold bars for)

Kinah Shop => The "New" kinah you farm in 6.0: you use those to buy gold bars (1.3kk for 1 gold/3 daily), all the skins in the game, consumables and transformation cards (most valuable).

Quna Shop => Quna is farmed in quests (most quests ingame incl. weeklies and dailies), and >>>>p2w'd<<<: You can use it to buy most of the important stuff - best gear (so far wings confirmed only), more transformation contracts/scrolls, consumables (the new potions), all skins in the game (wings, weapons, accs included), name/plastic/legion change tickets, stigma enchantment stones, minion contracts, all motion/stigma cards in the game and other stuff.
    From what I saw you CANNOT buy enchantment stones with Quna, and +0 gear is practically useless so It's not THAT p2w. But I may be wrong about that.

NCoins (Aion Coins for us): Can buy Quna directly or buy "Gold Packs".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here comes the possible "compensation/solution" for the EU community: The "Gold Packs" in Korea currently give you 200 Quna up front and 30 Quna per day if you play at least 1:30h daily (1100/month). Additionally they give you a buff which gives you: usual EXP gains increase, stats (HP, attack/magic attack etc.). The buff has 10 levels and the more gold packs you buy the higher your level is. Stats give 1900 HP at max gold pack level, so It's noticable, but not game breaking (ppl walk around with 30-60k hp in 6.0) the other stats idk, but similar.

>>>>>> However the most important thing about this buff is: YOU CANNOT BUY MAX LVL BUFF UP FRONT => if you buy 10 gold packs you must wait 10 months to get the last level buff and rewards.

Personally I think this is a good system and no change is needed. But people will QQ about their VRs so one way to compensate the 80/80 or 100/100 (w/e max is now) people is to add the current VR items into the buff levels.
    And by current VR items I don't mean the 80% useless items like 30min cd pots, cd reset scrolls for obsolete dungeons/arenas, 9h CD amulets, obsolete wings and what not. In fact the only truly useful items in VRs start from very high level and those are the titles, the upgrade serums, the omega stones. Rest is cosmetic/filler/30days.

The valuable rewards must be exchanged to 6.0 valuable rewards such as myth enchantment stones or normal ones and then implemented to the buff levels (ex: lvl 1 = 5 normal enchant pvp an pve stones + most powerful in aion title, lvl 2 same w/o title, lvl 3 = 5 PvP and PvE mythic stones, lvl 8 best in aion title + red stones etc. etc.). Then the buff levels should be compensated/assigned to people according to their current VR levels. The ratio is pretty simple (10:1) we have 100 VR levels, koreans have 10 buff levels. 40/100VR ppl get lvl 4 buff and rewards, 80/100 get lvl 8 buff and rewards, 100/100 get lvl 10 buff and rewards etc.. The rewards should be insta allocate, unlike the buff, so we won't have to wait 10 months to get our enchant stones.
    Other questions such as should those rewards be able to be allocated to all characters or just one, and should the 6h reset be kept remain to be answered (best no, but if QQmeter is high maybe yes?) Middle ground is allocate all on one char, and in 6 months u can allocate to another/same.

For the gear compensation... Honestly I don't think there should be any. In fact I'd reset HP ranks as well and then reset them every 3 months.. A lot of new/old people will start playing again in 6.0. I think giving everyone same-ish start is better.
    Maybe give the people who manage to get A80 +10/15 gear full crafted 6.0 myth set +0. [crafted gear in 6.0 isn't the best gear, the one you get with Quna is, altho currently not implemented(?)]. Maybe someone else can come up with a solution for the gear. I'm biased because I don't have much gear myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those things and decisions must be ironed out in the next one or two months, not like all the other changes: 1 day before patch goes live and 98% of the community hates it. This patch does have the potential to double the playerbase (therefor $$), but Gameforge needs to not be a greedy a**hat company that cares only for money for ONCE in their history of owning Aion and COMMUNICATE with their customers early on. After all info on 6.0 is ironed out, give us few options and make an ingame survey, then make the decision.

~~~Clearly during all those years the players were coming up with way better systems that benefit both them and the company while Gameforge's decisions were usually greedy/crap, therefor might as well turn your brains off and just do as we say this time~~~

Ye I'm rude, that's what you deserve Gameforge :whistling:
    I do agree that the EU GP system is totally incompatible with this upcoming major game patch.

Gameforge either :

Option A: Invests money and figures out a new way to milk players, of course this will cost them a lot of money as they will have to request adjustments to the 6.0 patch to match the money making module that they come up with, it will be really costly for them (hence they are very eager to find out about new patch ASAP - also hired additional korean translator as well if you were aware!) When successful, this will mean a brand new P2W concept and players having to pay again....

Option B: GameForge decides it's no longer worth their time & effort to come up with another silly P2W concept again from the start and hand game back to Aion NA, we rejoice with the empty servers of AION NA and with ping issues slowly fade.

These are the 2 options.

Which one do you stand by?
  • I agree but I think the GP system can still work, you can gain more AP with it, and maybe faster exp, and some other benefits, more cooldowns for instances.

As for the VR system, DELETE ALL and remake. Make awesome fun rewards, cool dyes, cool skins, rare skins, make a dragon weapon skin at max level, there's so many things that would satisfy the players.

It doesn't have to be p2w things.

I hope they read this post but let's be real... I am not putting my faith in this. 6.0 has the potential to be amazing.
  • How many Korean (or Asian) games they published so far? Working with NCSoft, especially for their first time, can be a big set back for players. The only publisher that you're going to get is Nexon, and gl with that one. Of course, this is all theoretic talk, nothing like this is going to happen.
  • The chance that Gameforge keep 6.0 patch pure (i mean without nerf) is same as chance to get the best thing from first 29 AC random box.

They will nerf it and then upload poll with question "Do you like this change ?" and after protest and forum collapse from hate, they will give us some "good balanced" alternative.

No hope, sorry. :slove:
    :borg:
    Look into shugo eyes and you will see your destiny.
  • failboat wrote:

Why should we play now if you want anything reset in 6.0? Don't get me wrong, I don't have much myself but I'm against the idea of resets. For gear compensation it's whatever, I don't plan on upgrading the gear in 5.8. If you want to start blank, better ask for new server or just play on one of the new dead servers and hope more people would come there in 6.0.

I for one like the GP system that is here, I don't find anything scummy about it. Everyone can enjoy GP's, even those that can't/won't pay a cent. Since not much things are tradeable in 6.0, there won't be a necessity of having a million vr accounts, therefore cheaper gold packs (they are cheap now anyway).

No, you do not speak in the name of the whole community. Not agreeing with all of your idea and definitely not my style of language I'd address with, to get some results.
    Simple. Don't play. 5.8 is a terrible patch. Even Koreans didn't play it.
    The game will be reset in 6.0 whether you like it or not. Currently in Korea that includes gear as well. If you are talking about the glory points reset I suggested, why does It bother you? It has been suggested ever since 2.0 that we get GP seasons/resets each few months. Majority seem to agree from my observations. You don't need ranks to buy gear anymore so aside of transformations what is there to loose? I don't know of any other resets.

The Gold Packs system that we have is incompatible with 6.0. I didn't say It's bad. If we have our system what happens to the built in GP system 6.0 has? It's either one or the other, and guess which one is better.

Well, I speak for a majority of it. I'll bet my account on a national referendum if you want. As clean as possible 6.0 > what we have now.

As for my language - I have been nice for years now. Here on forums. In support. When Gameforge actually does something not terrible. It has no effect. If they aren't doing anything when you give constructive feedback/ask nicely then there is no point in being nice. If they want that they should earn it.
  • If after so many years of playing a terrible game under a terrible publisher you're still here, being angry, I don't know what to say about you. Nobody is here chained to this game.

You still didn't explain why it's incompatible, or give real reasons for any of the arguments above. Those aren't real arguments, it's just some angry rant. You haven't thought about consequences and results, only thought about yourself. You know what, don't bother responding, it seems you guy have all figured out already, even before GF or NC.
  • So failboat explain what is the special use of ranks atm, what is so good about it that its worth throwing hunders of euros to achive it and if you lose your rank its the end of the world cause you cant transform?
    Hes also right about gold packs. Current veteran rewards are basically horrendus as well. Only good things are serums.
    I don't know what fetish you have about defending the publisher and current game state so feriously, I mean okay you like it a bit. But cmon relax will you?
  • Judai wrote:

So failboat explain what is the special use of ranks atm, what is so good about it that its worth throwing hunders of euros to achive it and if you lose your rank its the end of the world cause you cant transform?
    Hes also right about gold packs. Current veteran rewards are basically horrendus as well. Only good things are serums.
    I don't know what fetish you have about defending the publisher and current game state so feriously, I mean okay you like it a bit. But cmon relax will you?
    I never had transform. Don't make it like it's about me. That would be such a failure, that people that spent thousands of euros over the years would lose that, to a bunch of casual players, mostly whiners who don't really put any work in this game or any money.

Did you started playing yesterday? For many years the rewards were very good and available to absolutely anyone. When I moved years ago from ncwest I realized I could finally have a decent title, or wings, or some pets, which were available for me only for a lot of real money under the old publisher, and considering I was playing more characters than one, that wasn't an option. I also realized I was playing a dried up version of the game, some instances I really liked to solo were available like 3 times a week but here with GP it was every day. I could have had all that but you had to pay for prestige pack yourself, it's not something you can trade. Yet, even if it was worse and more expensive, you could see lots of players with prestige pack.

It's only part their fault for NC constantly changing the game and making the content obsolete step by step. By the time 6.0 hits, most of VR rewards will be obsolete, and this is where lots of rewards need to be changing. But other than the obsolete rewards, the GP system is quite good and I'd like for them to keep it.

It's not about defending anyone here, it's about a system that worked good so far.
  • I highly agree on the goldpack being not suitable with the 6.0 patch. The problem is being fair to the people that bought goldpacks and have now got 34253245+ days left as premium account holder. A new gold pack / subscription model would have to disregard current premium accounts?

Idk really, but IMO they'll delete the current veteran levels, make 80/80 as the starting point. Exactly as they did in the past, deleting levels 1 to 31 and putting 32/80 as the starting point. New rewards to suit 6.0 content, new gold packs to be activated by everyone, including people who are on 80/80 at the moment.
  • t0re wrote:

isnt ranking in 6.0 with abyss points again? and if so what honor points reset are u talking about
    and who told you that?

[NICK]heeyitsme wrote:

Quna Shop => Quna is farmed in quests (most quests ingame incl. weeklies and dailies)
    also thats a lie. there are 7 one time quests that give you a total of 120 quna. didnt read the rest.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kelekelio ().