Tower of challenge in 5.8 - more harder

• New

Alucinor wrote:

Nobody said you are supposed to be able to do it with s**t gear and as a beginner? Its still too easy, finished so far with Sorc, Sin, Glad, Cleric, Sm, Bard, chanter & gunner. Sure its prolly bit hard for AT and Templar, but some people finished it with those pretty easy too. Get gear, get level. Then go do it and stop qq'ing if you can't do it as low level / low geared? if everything was nerfed to a point where any scrub can do it with starter gear, then what fun would any damn instance be in this game? Just make everything harder and more rewarding gameforge!

fine, you have some points, but I see a small problem - the tower of challenge is a source of thinks which helps you a lot witch a 'gearing up process" ex. *manastones 7/8* + honor points -> hero task -> *an apes*

so in my opinion this kind of instancezone is pretty rewarding in terms of non-top players and schould be treated like a 'way to geared up" so it should be in a level of difficulties that no-full geared players +15 can do it right?

I do not suggest to make it so easy to be able to do it with free 65 scison set, but in either way it should be easy to done in leets see ... not full +15 aollon set :> ?

the narakkali and museum schould be hard, for some "players challenge" but I thing tower of challenge schoulden't be, this is my point of wiev as casual player :> you can have a different opinion of course
    • New

Alucinor wrote:

Nobody said you are supposed to be able to do it with s**t gear and as a beginner? Its still too easy, finished so far with Sorc, Sin, Glad, Cleric, Sm, Bard, chanter & gunner. Sure its prolly bit hard for AT and Templar, but some people finished it with those pretty easy too. Get gear, get level. Then go do it and stop qq'ing if you can't do it as low level / low geared? if everything was nerfed to a point where any scrub can do it with starter gear, then what fun would any damn instance be in this game? Just make everything harder and more rewarding gameforge!
      Question. Why would it be harder on some aoe class like AT and not on a class like sin? Like for example I did it on a glad alt and most floors are easy because of aoe skills. On a single target class like sin I have to recover and run and do more stuff. I'd assume on AT would be more or less like glad. Still need to buy some gear on AT to test it. By the way, could you tell if level difference makes more of a difference than gear? Even when it was easy on glad on most floors, I still died once on transform floor (17th I think) because of too much damage received, as it is some levels under my main but almost the same gear.
    • New

not sure why ppl woud still farm it with alts(manastones...kkej..but all that trouble...kinda meh) rather do something less borring and way more rewarding.

Its abit harder but still easy with decent gear and lvl. You just cant do it with naked alts anymore big deal. But i agree some classes have a hard time inside:/ not that fair, but...nothing can be changed here.
    • New

Hashtag wrote:

not sure why ppl woud still farm it with alts(manastones...kkej..but all that trouble...kinda meh) rather do something less borring and way more rewarding.
      I was thinking the same but you have your 300 hp / 400 hp day on hero trials, which is worth it, since now you also get supplements at some lower level floor (for whoever complained about old gear).
    • New

failboat wrote:

Hashtag wrote:

I was thinking the same but you have your 300 hp / 400 hp day on hero trials, which is worth it, since now you also get supplements at some lower level floor (for whoever complained about old gear).
      Yea, but you can get those few hp easy by doing nothing xD, and supplements you get more and less stressful in lok/gok. But for freshling still a good way to get extra kinah, for veteran players waste of time. All in all not bad, but not a good farming method either.
    • New

AT is all fine, unless your targets are moving.
      The best example for that would be floor 27, vampires.
      Because unlike gladiator, all AT "aoe" are conical/single line. With the exception of Idium Explosion, that has low damage, stuns with a chance in huge circle.
      Most off these skills are also charge up ones: Idium ~ Ray,Whip,Bombardment,Explosion (vision).
      Electric wave (also vision, either this or explosion) has low damage, and even shorter cc duration.
      Vampiric wave is hidden behind Surge of Glory. And we have cooling wave with it's chain skill, wave of destruction.

With good positioning and timing, it isn't an issue.
      Problems arise only when the given mob has more hp than you can burst down.
      I'd risk, a Templar in equal gear has more damage on a single target, than AT does.
      Especially because AT auto attacks are non existent.
      So the conclusion would be, AT is a bit harder than glad on non boss floors. And easy on boss floors. Up until Grendal.
      I'd say, grendal is the hardest on AT from melee classes, at least between sin,gladi,temp. Chanter i never played on high lvl.

Regarding lvl difference.
      forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=152702

Not sure how accurate the dude is, but you can get the gist of it.
    • New

Alucinor wrote:

Now log in and check the lvl of that instance. It is a lvl 66 instance which means it shall be doable from any freshly 66 person, who doesn't have any gear better than pre 66 gear or at worst rune hero gear since GOK is lvl 70 and you have to agree it's utterly useless to enchant anything else than Apollon gear... It's rather ignorant to judge ppl as scrub when you sit on your high horse, yet that instance is listed as 66+ not 75 lvl or 72 lvl which is when you actually start to manage it okay-ish.
      And me personally i don't have issues with it, but i try to help out anyone who ask me with tips, and i see how they struggle so i support rather than mok them...
      Healer's Oath

"When the flame of life glimmers in the wind, my hand shall guard it.
      When the weak waver on their path, my spirit shall be their guide.
      When the strong fall to darkness, my heart shall be their beacon."