Bring back the possibility to kick people from nevi canyon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nop keymaker, you are wrong there

NC didn't ban sh... eventually they warned someone, but I made enough reports for dredg afk'ers and noone of them got banned

they only banned one guy who was funny to train his own team at the captain by aggroing the surk, just because "I don't need medals and AP"
      he got at least 5 reports from the group I was in and pretty sure a lot of other reports from other people, as this was his MO
    • failboat wrote:

It's not GF problem it's universal. In NA it is also tolerated.
      I don't understand how you would ever say that it's tolerated in NA when there are multiple threads on the NA forums suggesting ways that the queuing algorithm can be changed. It's also a problem in NA, it's tolerated only in the sense that active players are still coming up with workarounds, but there's a lot of frustration over the AFKers.
    • What? Lots of players used to do afk while I was still playing there and they are still doing it. None of the NC staff will do anything to you for being afk and they don't care. The workaround is to actually recruit members. Wow, such unheard workarounds.
    • Evita wrote:

nop keymaker, you are wrong there

NC didn't ban sh... eventually they warned someone, but I made enough reports for dredg afk'ers and noone of them got banned

they only banned one guy who was funny to train his own team at the captain by aggroing the surk, just because "I don't need medals and AP"
      he got at least 5 reports from the group I was in and pretty sure a lot of other reports from other people, as this was his MO
      Actually, people did get banned (usually one and 3 days) however with free-to-play and diminished support, the official guidance was that AFKing in dredge was no longer a bannable offense.

However, the guidance was applied differently when it came to UA sieges , probably due to flagrant abuse by a few people and the impact it had on the faction and the server. Since then, the worst offenders cleaned up their acts.

I don't see why a similar approach couldn't be taken to this instance, as the people AFKing are affecting 2x96 people, that's pretty selfish. Even if someone has a real emergency, well if it's that serious, then they wouldn't be worried about a game, they wouldn't miss the rewards, so they should get kicked (auto-kicked)- or don't enter..
    • failboat wrote:

What? Lots of players used to do afk while I was still playing there and they are still doing it. None of the NC staff will do anything to you for being afk and they don't care. The workaround is to actually recruit members. Wow, such unheard workarounds.
      As you just said "while you USED" to play there- evidently you don't , whereas I do, and run this instance there every day. I never said that people don't AFK, I clearly stated that it is not acceptable to a large part of the population for this instance and that multiple threads have been created in the NA forums suggesting possible fixes, not all of which require coding.

If you did still play there, you would also know that currently, the asmo side can wait 30 or 40 minutes just queuing in a single pre-made alliance, let alone a full pre-made, and the Elyos side won't ever form a full pre-made. Pre-mades also seem to get bottom queuing priority, so there's a number of issues.
    • I said used because I don't play there anymore and not interested of what's going on but I bet it's no different than when I played. Everyone and their mother boxed alts and did afk dredge. The governor himself, that was in legion with me, had a few character in rotation every day for afk dredgion.
    • Well, its quite different. Are you at all aware that dredge awards purification mats? I can assure you that the governor probably doesn't AFK dredge, most people, IF they queue dredge (Since canyon is way more popular) are rushing, doing GP bosses and the captain for the mats.

So, please, if you don't play in a region in a current patch you may not be aware of how behaviour has adapted, this can mislead others.
    • That is not the case. This is nothing like right now, this is something over the years. My point was people here have the impression that since GF took over aion like 6 years ago, the people that are still under NC west are still bound to the same old rules, while here GF don't care, like in this example afk in dredgion. In the game is like that as well. Lots of people have the impression that is better under NC west because it was better before but they have no idea how much they changed over there in all these years. And people on NA forum have been complaining about things for years, doesn't change the fact that absolutely nothing has been done about.
    • I'd say that is quite true then. If someone wants to change to NA because they think it's so much better, they really should check the forums first. Absolutely, there are issues withe people AFKing in instances and sieges, although sieges have improved.

You can see some "elite" players join, bind to the kisk, and either stay there, or just follow people and click the ready button. You literally have to either check their tragets, their DPS, or see people in their groups die when they don't get heals.

Recently someone was AFK during siege, was therefore kicked, and is still harassing the siege leader days later. That leader almost never kicks anyone, but some people feel that they just have to join to get rewards. Coalition system was a good idea, but these leeches ruined it, 6.0 will be a wake-up for them.
    • kicking from aly will be implemented tommorow.... BUT

what about if leader is AFK?

or

what about if leader is the stupid kid kicking people before end of run?

can any GM answer me if you will BAN all these people for kicking active player? because it will be more stressing for people waiting if somebody will kick him